HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scott Gomez is the team MVP so far.

Old
01-24-2008, 10:12 AM
ThirdEye

vCash: 500
Blessing in disguise maybe?

No vezina, no fancy stats = less pressure in the playoffs if we somehow make it

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 10:14 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Blessing in disguise maybe?

No vezina, no fancy stats = less pressure in the playoffs if we somehow make it
and maybe a slightly less monstrous contract...

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 10:15 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
and maybe a slightly less monstrous contract...
How did I forget about that one

Yeah, that too

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Nich

Gomez has been better than expected...now imagine how much better if jagr was actually playing like jagr all year?

hell gomez has nylander like stats with a diminished jagr. with the jagr of last year i could see at least another 10-15 points.

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 10:48 AM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I know I do not watch the Rangers as much as you, but Gomez's emergence has gone almost hand in hand with Jagr's, the first 20-30 games though you guys only seemed to win games where Lundqvist got a shutout. I would be foolish to argue that Gomez has not been valuable, but as somebody who does keep close tabs on the team I can say that without Lundqvist dominating every team he faced in the first 25 games you guys would be pretty close to LA right now.
Its more like Gomez is responsible for the emergence of Jagr.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 10:58 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Despite his recent struggles, it is pretty apparent Lundqvist has been your mvp.
I was reading the first post in the thread and I was in complete agreement. I was saying things to myself..."absolutely....right on...yeah"....then I read the second post and realized I was wrong. Sorry Henke.

You're right, Henke has had some recent woes and Gomez has shined lately, though Henke would still have to get the MVP nod from me. Without him, this team would be last in the conference. He's the difference between NYR and Tampa.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 11:58 AM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Well then, I must of been in a coma the last two month and having nightmares about our franchise goaltender playing some of the worst hockey of his short career, and after a brilliant start has fallen so far that he actually lost out on an All-Star appearance to Vokoun.
well then you must have also been in a coma when gomez got off to a horrible start to the season. and while you may think that he is so great he has been playing with jagr and the team has a terrible powerplay and is last in goals for.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 12:00 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
I was reading the first post in the thread and I was in complete agreement. I was saying things to myself..."absolutely....right on...yeah"....then I read the second post and realized I was wrong. Sorry Henke.

You're right, Henke has had some recent woes and Gomez has shined lately, though Henke would still have to get the MVP nod from me. Without him, this team would be last in the conference. He's the difference between NYR and Tampa.
agreed. henrik keeps us in games that we have no business winning and the only reason we are in 9th right now is because of his play in october and november. we would be much worse without him, rather than much worse without gomez.

Old
01-24-2008, 12:39 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
well then you must have also been in a coma when gomez got off to a horrible start to the season. and while you may think that he is so great he has been playing with jagr and the team has a terrible powerplay and is last in goals for.
When the hell did I say GOMEZ WAS THE MVP!!! I feel like Mr. Hand in "Fast Times at Rigemont High". What are you people, on dope? Argue the words I put on the screen, not your assumptions.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 12:41 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
When the hell did I say GOMEZ WAS THE MVP!!! I feel like Mr. Hand in "Fast Times at Rigemont High". What are you people, on dope? Argue the words I put on the screen, not your assumptions.
Aloha.

01-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Aloha.
I feel like I'm in a room full of Jeff Spicolies.

Old
01-24-2008, 12:45 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
well you diagree that it is henrik and now you say that its not gomez. do you even know who the rangers are? have you ever watched a game? if you don't think that the mvp of the team is henrik or gomez i just wasted a lot of time talking to you.

Old
01-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
well you diagree that it is henrik and now you say that its not gomez. do you even know who the rangers are? have you ever watched a game? if you don't think that the mvp of the team is henrik or gomez i just wasted a lot of time talking to you.
Once again...READ THE WORDS THAT ARE WRITTEN BEFORE YOU!!!!!!!!! When did I say it was NOT Gomez? You're assuming that because I disagree that Hank's been our MVP I have chosen Gomez. I tell you that I never said Gomez was the MVP, so then you assume I'm saying Gomez is NOT our MVP. I've said neither of these things. I was arguing your position that Hank was our MVP....THAT IS ALL. I have neither chosen an MVP in this argument, nor have I dismissed any for the title outside of Hank. Read the words that are in front of your goddamned face. You're creating fantasy out of whole cloth and attributing it to me then arguing about it.

Old
01-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Chimp

Please, don't use the abscense or appearance in the All Star Game as some kind of argument over if a player has been good or not. It just looks ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
... You're right, Henke has had some recent woes and Gomez has shined lately, though Henke would still have to get the MVP nod from me. Without him, this team would be last in the conference. He's the difference between NYR and Tampa.
That's kind of how I see it too. Replace our goaltending with Tampa's goaltending and we would be a 15th conference team. Even though our defense has been a tad better than Tampa's, we wouldn't had won those low scoring, odd goal games in october and november with Holmqvist and Denis. Hence, we would have very few wins.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Please, don't use the abscense or appearance in the All Star Game as some kind of argument over if a player has been good or not. It just looks ridiculous.
Okay.

Old
01-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Eb0la11

Shadowtron, you need to calm down.

What the hell do you think people are going to do when there is a discussion between one player or the other for MVP and not a single other players' name has been associated with the team MVP in this thread and you come in and say one of the two isnt the MVP.

OF COURSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO THINK YOU ARE PART OF THE OPPOSITION.

Eb0la11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb0la11 View Post
Shadowtron, you need to calm down.
I'm not excited. Just using using caps and exclamation points for emphasis.

Quote:
What the hell do you think people are going to do...
Jump to conclusions and argue non-existent points Weeeeeeeeeee

Quote:
...when there is a discussion between one player or the other for MVP
There is no discussion between one or the other. The thread topic was about Gomez. The statement I happened upon and ultimately disagreed with was that "hank is easily our MVP". It is possible to argue a single point without being categorized in one camp or the other.

Quote:
...and not a single other players' name has been associated with the team MVP in this thread and you come in and say one of the two isnt the MVP.
Pull your head out of the sand and actually read the thread rather than mine and devito's posts and, gasp, jumping to conclusions.

Quote:
OF COURSE PEOPLE ARE GOING TO THINK YOU ARE PART OF THE OPPOSITION.
Yeah...but only the ignorant ones.

Old
01-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Eb0la11

lol you must think you are some kind of high-being if you dont make assumptions and start to formulate plots as you go along through life. Thats probably a good habit to get into rather than a bad one if you use it properly. No one here has really been offensive towards you and you flip out against them. If you dont want people to form assumptions from your words then you may as well stop leaving retarded cliff hanging statements like that. Otherwise you better get used to it.

Eb0la11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 01:43 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
lol you must think you are some kind of high-being if you dont make assumptions and start to formulate plots as you go along through life. Thats probably a good habit to get into rather than a bad one if you use it properly. No one here has really been offensive towards you and you flip out against them. If you dont want people to form assumptions from your words then you may as well stop leaving retarded cliff hanging statements like that. Otherwise you better get used to it.

OK, if you guys wish to continues this, do it via PM.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Okay.
Or, perhaps I should say "don't use the All Star Game as an argument for MVP material."

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Well then, I must of been in a coma the last two month and having nightmares about our franchise goaltender playing some of the worst hockey of his short career, and after a brilliant start has fallen so far that he actually lost out on an All-Star appearance to Vokoun.
I'm not sure what you're implying here, but Tomas Vokoun is an elite goalie

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Or, perhaps I should say "don't use the All Star Game as an argument for MVP material."
That remark was more for emphasis...but I don't disagree with you.

Old
01-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
I'm not sure what you're implying here, but Tomas Vokoun is an elite goalie
Is he? Then I take it back. Some here thought it was absurd that he was beaten by Vokoun, so I just went with it.

Old
01-24-2008, 03:56 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Once again...READ THE WORDS THAT ARE WRITTEN BEFORE YOU!!!!!!!!! When did I say it was NOT Gomez? You're assuming that because I disagree that Hank's been our MVP I have chosen Gomez. I tell you that I never said Gomez was the MVP, so then you assume I'm saying Gomez is NOT our MVP. I've said neither of these things. I was arguing your position that Hank was our MVP....THAT IS ALL. I have neither chosen an MVP in this argument, nor have I dismissed any for the title outside of Hank. Read the words that are in front of your goddamned face. You're creating fantasy out of whole cloth and attributing it to me then arguing about it.
well then name an mvp, until then talking to you has still been a waste of my time. you have added nothing to this discussion except pick apart my choice of henrik without even coming to your own conlcusion of who is the mvp.