HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs vs. Bruins - GAME 4 After Game

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 500
I get sick to my stomach everytime I see that play in 2OT I can't bear to watch it

Old
04-14-2004, 01:01 PM
mcphee

You're right Guy, report me too though. I should know better than to rise to the kid's bait. I've enjoyed this season quite a bit. All I can ask of my team is a consistent effort and play to their abilities. We've got that this year. We've also seen a number of players develop who most of us expected little of. WE deserve a hard working team on the ice and a management team trying to ensure the long term competitiveness of the franchise. Well, now we have that too. Truth isn't much fun sometimes but the truth is, 3-1 Bruins. It seems that we're coming up on the short end of momentum issues this series, and the hockey gods may be looking south, but that's the way it goes. If I get to the point where I need to dissect film to be sure of who the villain was in a post whistle scrum, I'll be officially without a life. Truth be told, last night when they announced that there was one minute left in the first overtime, I was surprised as I was so locked in on the play,I never noticed the time. That was great hockey. of course the result bothered me, I'm a Hab Fan, and always will be. Teams have come back before and I'll be in my office recliner like I am for every playoff game. If Boston wins, more power to them, they'll have beat a good team. I've enjoyed chatting with a lot of their posters, and for the ones who seem intent on telling us how we should view things, well as I said, I should know better.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:01 PM
ap215

Just like i posted in the bruin thread,i must give a round of applause to the montreal canadiens and to there fans on an outstanding 2 OT thriller yesterday against the bruins,i know you guys lost but you showed alot of heart and pride in yesterday's game. Good luck in Game 5 Habs fans.

Old
04-14-2004, 01:15 PM
J-D

Cleanup enroute.l

Old
04-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Natural Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Care to elaborate?
It was just something I heard on The Score, don't know how reliable that is.

Old
04-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs
This series is being decided by the goalies, plain and simple. All we can do at this point is wait for game 5 and PRAY that Theodore reinserts that horse shoe up his ***.

Here is all the whining I will do about the game:

1-Theo sucked.
2-The refs sucked hard.
3-CJ should've put Perreault on that last draw of regulation time.
4-Rivet shouldn't have cleared the puck to cause an icing call.
5-That offside in the last minute of regulation time was bogus. See point 2.
6-What the friggin' heck was Kovalev thinking?
7-Our team is physically weak.
8-Theo sucked.
9-Theo sucked.
10-Theo sucked.
you forgot that theo sucked ! :lol

Old
04-14-2004, 03:30 PM
A Raycroft 1

Just read the 6 pages of this thread, and the general feeling I get is you guys whine too much. Are you that biased that you can't see that if your players stop diving, you'll get the calls that you whine about? Theo has sucked, he's not the same goaltender from 02, and Raycroft has stolen the show. You can say that Montreal has dominated Boston in the last 3 games, but in the last 3 games Montreal lost 2 of those. Game 5 will be close, and just as exciting as Game 1-4. Heres to a good game.

Old
04-14-2004, 03:47 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Raycroft 1
Game 5 will be close, and just as exciting as Game 1-4. Heres to a good game.
I deleted the "whine too much" comment but have to agree with you that Game 5 will be a good one. I think the Habs will come out flying, and play desperate enough hockey to win. The series has been great so far, even with the "injury" controversy (both teams should smarten up in that regard) and some pretty below average goaltending on our part that has been the difference in the series.

Old
04-14-2004, 04:25 PM
Jim Carey Price

They showed the offside play again later on last night on Headline Sports and it looked pretty close...it looked like Slegr made a swininging stretch with his stick to keep it in, but couldn't quite reach in time, and the puck came out, and as the swing continued it went back in, sort of in the air a little, for the offside...the camera angle was really bad and inconclusive that the puck re-crossed the line to go back into the zone, so its hard to really say what happened there IMO

Old
04-14-2004, 04:27 PM
coolio123

TERRIBLE end to a great game :mad:

Old
04-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Mackee

I posted this in the game thread on the EC board...figured I'd throw it here too. Just my feelings on the whole after such a great game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge
I don't post all that often but I figure I'll throw in my two cents on this one. As a Habs fan, obviously I was livid at first (I mean who wouldn't be given the situation). Now that I've had my cool down time and have watched the replay several times I've drawn a few conclusions. I haven't really read all the posts regarding this so I may or may not sound like a broken record but here goes.

If I take out a gun and fire a shot aimed at someone's head yet only graze his ear, does that mean I should get away with it? Does Travis Green slash Alexei Kovalev? Absolutely, and don't give me this "I was going for his stick" garbage. Does it warrant a penalty? In regulation, I would think Green would get a minor. Then again, it does cost us the game in double overtime. However, thanks to Mike Ribeiro's absolutely embarrassing display in game 3, the Habs will not be as lucky the second time.

Was Kovalev hurt? I think it's possible but he could be fine for all we know. I honestly don't think he would have pulled the embelisshing stunt after Ribeiro had pulled a dive the game before. If I was Kovalev, I dive on the puck or kick it out, anything but leave it there. Nobody at fault but him. Do I run him out of town for it? Of course I don't, he's the best goal scorer we have and he's proving why Gainey went out and got him.

Now I'm pretty sure Brisebois went for a change when Kovalev had control of the puck (could be wrong). If there's one thing I don't do, in double OT no less, is head for the bench when the puck is in my zone. I'm having as big a problem with that as Kovalev not clearing the puck. If Brisebois doesn't change, at least he's still back once Murray has control of the puck. You see Rivet coming off the bench, but by then Murray's hit full stride, way too far ahead of Rivet.

Nearly 24 hours after the fact, I'm not all that mad anymore. Given the fact that this is a rebuilding team (with quite a few prospects on the way) and to have dominated the Bruins for three of the four games, I'm impressed. Of course Raycroft is doing to us with Theodore did to the B's two years ago. Absolutely awesome goaltending. I love Ryder as much as the next Habs fan, but Raycroft gets the Calder no questions about it. Second to Belfour in terms of playoff 'tending. As for Theodore...well he's pulling a Dafoe from two years ago. For the highest paid player in Canadiens history to be giving up a softie per game...well he did play very well in the overtimes last night.

I'm not giving up hope yet, we can do the impossible, but there certainly is no margin for error to say the least.

Closed Thread