HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME TAKES: Habs finally beat Devils!!! MTL: 4 NJ: 3

Old
01-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Corey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Gotta like this stuff from Sutter-

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=228138&hubname=

And we've been worried about Carbonneau's player relations skills! This loss really, really, really gobsmacked Sutter in the old ultra plus ultra ego. I like that.
Can't say I agree. The Devils looked limp at the beginning of the season and Sutter stirred them up to where they're competing for the #1 spot in their division. I guess this was as good a time as any to shake up his team before a long layoff. Sutter is doing a good job despite losing Gomez and Rafalski without compensation, and they're playing without one of their best checking forwards, Jay Pandolfo.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Couple things I noticed,

Carbo is improving game to game in terms of bech management. I've noticed a few times lately, even in Saturday's loss, how he will skip the order of lines to get an extra shift for the Plekanec line. He'll put them out and then bring them back quickly 1 shift lalter trying to match them againat a 4th line. Then again it's easier when you have Kovalev playing like he wants to be the difference maker.

We've said a lot about Komisarek, but game by game, he's not just a decent d man who happens to be a big hitter, he's a real presence on the ice. Last year, I thought he was a good rh d man, but mainly an off guy on his pairing, a guy who complimented a better player on his left. Watching how he's willing to jump into the play and how he wants the puck in the o zone is a huge plus for the team. He's another guy who wants to be one of the key players.

Like the rest of you, I like #74 a lot. I watch him though and I have no idea what kind of player he'll end up as. He's smart and can play well defensively, for all I know, we could see him set up shop alongside Chipchura long term. I don't know if he's going to be a huge offensive point producer or a guy that can play in any situation.

Whatever, he seems to be a favorite of his coach at this point.
I completely agree. And I like the lines that Carbo has going right now. I'm hoping that he continues to improve. And the whole team is turning out better at a much faster rate than I thought they would.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 07:49 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
According to NHL.com:

Hahaha...not only did we beat em, we sent em to practice!! They're probably still doing drills as we speak!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils9789
Damn, reminds me of the 1980 USA Olympic team:

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, PUT YOUR GEAR BACK ON"
I dreamt last night that Sutter had his guys out there, skating sprint after sprint after sprint and quizzing them every once in a while.

I believe, in my dream, this went on until one time Jamie Langenbrunner, whose face had already morphed into some resemblance to Mike Eruzione, showed why he sports the "C" by finally answering the question correctly:

"Who do you play for?"

I can still hear Jamie slowly get the words out:

"I....(pant).....play for....(gasp)....LOU'S CYPHERS".

And at that dramatic moment, the ordeal was abruptly OVER.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 08:06 AM
dutchy29

This game shows these guys have heart, In recent memory I can't remember such a turn around against such a good defensive team. That 5-3 goal to make it 3-1 would have took the sails out of alot of teams, I think this shows that the guys beleive in themselves and the abilities of each other, A great sign of things to come.
Lets keep it rolling!

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 02:11 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
This game shows these guys have heart, In recent memory I can't remember such a turn around against such a good defensive team. That 5-3 goal to make it 3-1 would have took the sails out of alot of teams, I think this shows that the guys beleive in themselves and the abilities of each other, A great sign of things to come.
Lets keep it rolling!
That 3rd goal depressed me, and I was only watching

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote