HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

anybody notice...

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Gaudet

vCash: 500
anybody notice...

cheap shots markov recieved last night...first one from thorton...markov wasnt even touching the puck and thornton just blindsided him...second hit was from lapoint i think and it was a major elbow

Old
04-14-2004, 04:13 PM
StanAjax

Well, what do you expect from Thornton........ Cheapshots on Markov and Koivu is the only thing he knows to do against Montréal.......

1 point in 10 games........talk about the best young center in the game.

Old
04-14-2004, 04:13 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
I don't think the one from Thornton was a cheap shot... he just "finished his body checks"... and he hit with the shoulder..

It was a hard, legal hit

Old
04-14-2004, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaudet
cheap shots markov recieved last night...first one from thorton...markov wasnt even touching the puck and thornton just blindsided him...second hit was from lapoint i think and it was a major elbow
Yup, that's what happens when you shutdown other teams star players (Thornton), Markov's alot tougher than I thought, I love everything about him, he's the man

Old
04-14-2004, 04:31 PM
furax

Send a message via ICQ to furax
The Thornton hit was a clean hit .... sure a hard hit but clean .... the one by Green was definetely cheap....

Old
04-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Rahan

Guys, Sure Thornton didn't elbow Markov, but it's just like if he did, he went for Markov's head (Markov's head wasn't straight). Thornton saw that and never went for a bodycheck, he just went to check Markov's head, straight. You saw him curve to do it. That was cheap.

Old
04-14-2004, 04:40 PM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
Guys, Sure Thornton didn't elbow Markov, but it's just like if he did, he went for Markov's head (Markov's head wasn't straight). Thornton saw that and never went for a bodycheck, he just went to check Markov's head, straight. You saw him curve to do it. That was cheap.
But it's still legal... remember Laperrière hitting Savage a couple of years ago? Same thing: cheap but legal

Old
04-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Kirk Muller

Thornton's hit was fine, dangerous but legal in hockey.

Green's hit on Markov is an embarrassment to the officials. Green was headhunting, his elbow was already up before the hit like he had a sensor on it. That is 5 and a game, simple as that, but what do I know, Ohlund hitting Iginla from behind isn't a penalty according to refs these days either so.....

Old
04-14-2004, 05:28 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Thornton's hit was fine, dangerous but legal in hockey.

Green's hit on Markov is an embarrassment to the officials. Green was headhunting, his elbow was already up before the hit like he had a sensor on it. That is 5 and a game, simple as that, but what do I know, Ohlund hitting Iginla from behind isn't a penalty according to refs these days either so.....
I thought Kovalev's penalty was very comparable to Thornton's hit....

And in the regular season, Green's elbow may have been a 5 minute major, maybe even a suspension.

but this is the playoffs, right............................................. ............................

Old
04-14-2004, 05:40 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji_ch
I thought Kovalev's penalty was very comparable to Thornton's hit....

And in the regular season, Green's elbow may have been a 5 minute major, maybe even a suspension.

but this is the playoffs, right............................................. ............................
Thornton's hit was from the side, with the shoulder. It was completely legal. Kovalev's was from behind. The elbow on Markov was dirty as hell tho, but the guy was penalized. The "hook" on Quintal wasnt much of a hook either and they called it. But they missed the high stick on Koivu. So in the end it somewhat evens out usually.

I agree that we need to do somethign about the reffing to make it more consistant tho. And theyre always in the ****in way!! How many times did the puck get caught in the ref's damn skates? They should have 2 refs(linesman) and some off ice officials with camera's or something telling them to call stuff. Okay that probably wouldnt work but I'm sure they could come up with something of the sort that might

Old
04-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Skiblitz

Any of you notice Dagenais doing or trying to, to Gonchar ? By the way the Thornton hit was legal and was also after Markov went for Joe's ribs in the corner...Any of you remember Maurice Richard or Gordie Howe play ...hope you are capable to make the link here...

Old
04-14-2004, 05:54 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
How about Begin's hit on Nylander???

I would've put these two hits in the same category. Hard, dangerous but clean.

Old
04-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Gaudet

i thought the thorton hit was bad not because of the way he hit him but because markov didnt have the puck. why was it not interfearance

Closed Thread