HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Some good news on Maxwell....

Old
01-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Nitehowl

vCash: 500
Some good news on Maxwell....

FRIDAY’S CHATTER: The WHL trade deadline is two weeks back in the rear-view mirror but the Kootenay Ice is going to get a real boost, perhaps as soon as next weekend. C Ben Maxwell, who has missed more than 30 games with a thigh injury, is skating and says he may be back for a home-and-home series with the Spokane Chiefs next weekend. Maxwell had 53 points in 39 games last season. . . .

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Doc Hock

excellent

doc hock

Doc Hock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 04:45 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

I wouldn't be surprised to see him be part of a deadline deal to bring something the Habs need right now...

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see him be part of a deadline deal to bring something the Habs need right now...
Since an offensive centerman is not what we have most in our system, his value is worth more to us than to any other teams in this league who could be hesitant to get him 'cause of his 2 last seasons when he had big time injuries...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Nitehowl

Yes he could be one of the offensive centers we will need in a year or two. That is why I hope Timmins finds one more skilled forward with this years 1st round draft pick. He dooesn't have to be the "big" center everyone talks about as we have enough 3rd & 4th line types and size coming up thru the system. A great playmaker or a great goal scorer would be my choice.

Old
01-26-2008, 05:02 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I'd be shocked if another team traded for him, he's played 11 games this year and only 39 or so last year, so he hasn't played much since being drafted and in a season and a half, he's had 2 major injuries as well as an ankle or foot injury that he got the Habs first camp which cost him a trip to Team Canada's U-20 summer camp 2 years ago. The Elbow and thigh injuries have cost him a lot of development time so it would be risky to trade for him just as it would be risky for us to trade him as he was leading the WHL in scoring last before going down with the elbow injury.

As for him coming back soon, great news, wonder what the Habs will do if Kootenay gets bounced early from the playoffs and Hamilton makes the playoffs, would they consider sending him to the Dogs, even if he doesn't play it can't hurt to workout with the club but of course it's still early to have to consider that move.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 05:16 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

they would never trade him right now or at the trade deadline. his value is at its lowest right now and he was supposed to be a first rounder when we drafted him and he dropped to the 2nd round, this kid is a steal and timmins is extremely high on him. we need offensive centers like it was pointed out already so we have to keep him.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Nitehowl

Does anyone have or remember the scouting report on Maxwell before we drafted him??

I think he has "some" of the hockey smarts and ability like an Yzerman and combined with his skating , the potential is there for a star type top 6 forward. Opinions?

Old
01-26-2008, 05:32 PM
shortcat1

Quote:
Stupid deal that would be...

shortcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 05:35 PM
emb24*

center is the ONLY position habs have no size and offensive depth at...chip and locke (along with him) are all that's there right now

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Pascal

yea ok but when we get Lecavalier who will need other Cs right??

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 08:38 PM
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I'd be shocked if another team traded for him, he's played 11 games this year and only 39 or so last year, so he hasn't played much since being drafted and in a season and a half, he's had 2 major injuries as well as an ankle or foot injury that he got the Habs first camp which cost him a trip to Team Canada's U-20 summer camp 2 years ago. The Elbow and thigh injuries have cost him a lot of development time so it would be risky to trade for him just as it would be risky for us to trade him as he was leading the WHL in scoring last before going down with the elbow injury.

As for him coming back soon, great news, wonder what the Habs will do if Kootenay gets bounced early from the playoffs and Hamilton makes the playoffs, would they consider sending him to the Dogs, even if he doesn't play it can't hurt to workout with the club but of course it's still early to have to consider that move.
Does he have first line potential down the line?

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Ledevin

He has so much upside. Reminds me of Tim Connolly. Wait, is that a good thing?

Ledevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 02:30 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledevin View Post
No.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 08:01 AM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledevin View Post
he also has his injury bug... lol

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 12:06 PM
couz

If this guy can shake the injury bug he has alot of potential.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 12:09 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallyHabsFan21 View Post
they would never trade him right now or at the trade deadline. his value is at its lowest right now and he was supposed to be a first rounder when we drafted him and he dropped to the 2nd round, this kid is a steal and timmins is extremely high on him. we need offensive centers like it was pointed out already so we have to keep him.
agreed , he is our best center prospect , we dont have anyone close to him at that spot. We dont need him next year , let him develop , then maybe in 2 years he takes over with us.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote