HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

February 2008: a difficult schedule for the Habs

Old
01-27-2008, 11:16 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

vCash: 500
February 2008: a difficult schedule for the Habs

February is gonna be rough

Sat Feb 2, 2008
Islanders vs Canadiens

Sun Feb 3, 2008
Rangers vs Canadiens

Tue Feb 5, 2008
Senators vs Canadiens

Thu Feb 7, 2008
Maple Leafs vs Canadiens

Sat Feb 9, 2008
Canadiens Senators

Tue Feb 12, 2008
Canadiens Lightning

Wed Feb 13, 2008
Canadiens Panthers

Sat Feb 16, 2008
Flyers Canadiens

Sun Feb 17, 2008
Canadiens Flyers

Tue Feb 19, 2008
Rangers Canadiens

Thu Feb 21, 2008
Penguins Canadiens

Sat Feb 23, 2008
Blue Jackets Canadiens

Tue Feb 26, 2008
Thrashers Canadiens

Fri Feb 29, 2008
Canadiens Sabres

It's gonna be a difficult schedule in February for the Habs with a lot more games and only the game against Toronto will be against a non-playoffs team. The others are in the playoffs right now or close (Columbus is 9th in the West)

3 back to back games so we should expect Carey price to be back with the team unless carbo and Gainey want to give Halak some NHL time (which I think would be important for his developpement because he may be our back-up next year or could used as trade pait)

By that time, Obyrne should be back as well.

That home and home versus Briere will be a lot of fun and also very important to move up the standing.

anyways, discuss.

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 11:29 AM
sevil

i see toronto, florida, the islanders, rangers, atlanta, buffalo and columbus out of the playoffs. and all are junk compared to montreal. philly we play well and ottawa could be for first overall in the east and heatley is out and both goalies right now (emery and gerber) are junk. plus we cost gerber his job in carolina.
out of 14 games or 28 points we collect 22 and secure a playoff spot... and perhaps home ice in the play offs...

sevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

It's a lot of games but the calendar has been friendly so far, i think it's gonna alright. The depth will come in handy at some point.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
I don't see the schedule as being that bad. 9 home games and 6 road games...that worries me a little. If this team can find a way to win at home then they should be fine.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Ottawa isn't the same team as they were when we first played them, and neither are we. We have greatly improved and Ottawa hasn't got as great goaltending lately, these are games that CAN be won. I just hope we have Price in net vs toronto just because i can't stand losing to them, even if this means Price plays one game and goes back to the 'dogs i'll be happy. lol

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Similar to the thoughts of other posters on other threads, I agree that Price might come back for the TO matchup as he's been solid againts the Laffs. The young Price will probably be pumped for a comeback and Febuary might not be so hard after all, with Huet on a decent sequence and the Habs who've been solid all through January. We have players who are riding the pine and who feel they should play and that always comes in pretty handy in a tight schedule.

This is THE month of the season, not as a break or make situation, but rather if we'll be hussling for a low-tier spot for the playoffs comes the end of the season or if we'll be a lock. If the Habs can manage to garner around 20 points in Febuary, which is feasable, the lock will be in IMO.

A tight schedule is not always tantamount to a sub-par record in the same span. With the team relieved of not reproducing the execrable sequence of January 2007, they might just feel it's their time to shine. Febuary might just show that the Habs are the real thing.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote