HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Chipchura ever be called back up?

Old
01-27-2008, 12:11 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Chipper is gonna be back this year. Bob just need time to figure out what to do with the deadwood.
Not much deadwood up front right now. There's some broken wood on defense, and one spare forward with speed and decent hockey sense that can step in for an injury or poor play.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Licou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Chipper is gonna be back this year. Bob just need time to figure out what to do with the deadwood.
Well, I have got an idea. It's not really imaginative, since everyone does it.

Let me explain it : Deadwood + Fireplace = a nice fire!

It's simple, efficient, can really be fun with a gituar and it actually is a aphrodisiac experience when with your love mate!

So, let's BURN the deadwood!

Licou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Can't help but wonder if he wasn't sent down to comfort Price. They're roomies, Price was being sent down and the Habs want to be real careful with him. Chips is a great leader and I suspect that its at least part of the reason why he got sent down. Purely speculative on my part, but I don't think his play warranted a stint in Hamilton.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 09:23 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Can't help but wonder if he wasn't sent down to comfort Price. They're roomies, Price was being sent down and the Habs want to be real careful with him. Chips is a great leader and I suspect that its at least part of the reason why he got sent down. Purely speculative on my part, but I don't think his play warranted a stint in Hamilton.
I love Chips and I praised him for his poise at the start of the season, but his play level dipped noticeably the last month he was here. He seemed to have lost much of his confidence and became a bit hesitant in his play.

His plus/minus stats reflected the drop in play, too. At one time, he was plus 7, and then quite quickly found himself at -1.

He'll be back and he'll be good, I have no doubt.

Andrei Kostitsyn didn't bloom during his first stint in the NHL either. He was part way into his FOURTH, in fact.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I love Chips and I praised him for his poise at the start of the season, but his play level dipped noticeably the last month he was here. He seemed to have lost much of his confidence and became a bit hesitant in his play.

His plus/minus stats reflected the drop in play, too. At one time, he was plus 7, and then quite quickly found himself at -1.

Andrei Kostitsyn didn't bloom during his first stint in the NHL either. He was part way into his FOURTH, in fact.
Exactly, i loved Chipchura's play early in the season but it did dip near the last month with the big club. Not only did his defensive game drop, he also didn't have much confidence in the offensive zone. The kid has a good head and it will only help his development, i doubt we will see him back this year unless Lapierre really struggles.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post

I don't entirely disagree. But I believe they would've kept him up because overall, he'd been pretty good. I think at least some of the reasoning was to keep him with Price. I don't think his play warranted Hamilton. Again though, its purely speculative on my part.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 11:55 PM
NewHabsEra*

Smolinski will have to play himself out of the line-up and he sure can do it..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote