HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Petr Kanko..... Your Thoughts.

Old
01-13-2008, 06:46 PM
hollylyn

vCash: 500
Losing Noah very nearly had me in tears.

Because I'm overemotional in general, but Noah was a huge part of the heart of the team.

From what I can tell, Kanko's status as a favorite at the Verizon is quickly fading, though.

hollylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 06:46 PM
hockeynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollylyn View Post

But like I said previously, it may be due to the fact that he shows little effort in the practices I've seen.
how many practices have you seen? they're closed to the public, and if i recall correctly, there have only been a few that were not held at the verizon (when the circus was in town in october or november).

i'd think that an evening "open practice" at the college or tri-town are nothing like a real practice...more like a morning skate before a game.

not intending to call you on this, but i'm skeptical.

hockeynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 06:51 PM
hollylyn

I've been to all their open practices in the past few years, and caught the tail end of a few others while waiting for my ride.

Even if an open practice isn't at the same level of a typical practice, all of the players were putting in effort. However, Kanko frequently inserted himself into the wrong groups (they're color coded), or while Coach Morris or Scott were trying to instruct them on something, Kanko would be off wandering the ice. Early on, I think the guys got a kick out of it. But now I think mostly they're just sick of the shenanigans.

Old
01-13-2008, 06:52 PM
DiehardKingsFan

I doubt we'll ever see Kanko.

DiehardKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 06:55 PM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
From what I can tell, Kanko's status as a favorite at the Verizon is quickly fading, though.
I don't know about this. The STHs I sit with are always wondering where he is when he's not dressed and playing and they like what they see when he's doing battle on the ice. He's got hustle, speed and a laser shot from the left wing, nevermind his knack for getting way under the skin of the competition.

No doubt there are other players who are "heart"-ed more by some fans, but Kanko's not the "heart"-ing type, he's more like Trogdor, the Burninator.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2008, 07:01 PM
hollylyn

Odd. I've been a STH for the past few years, and by last January, everyone in my section was completely over Kanko. Except for when the baby or baby mama were there.

This year, I'm in a new section, but the feeling continues. When Kanko toned down his scrappiness, a lot of the interest was lost. Like I said before, I think that he's got a great set of skills, I really do. However, by now he's kind of become old news, and the fresh blood seems to be getting more attention. And of course that would have nothing to do with the fact that they never focus on him anymore.

Old
01-13-2008, 07:53 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Odd. I've been a STH for the past few years, and by last January, everyone in my section was completely over Kanko. Except for when the baby or baby mama were there.

This year, I'm in a new section, but the feeling continues. When Kanko toned down his scrappiness, a lot of the interest was lost. Like I said before, I think that he's got a great set of skills, I really do. However, by now he's kind of become old news, and the fresh blood seems to be getting more attention. And of course that would have nothing to do with the fact that they never focus on him anymore.
I've been a STH for years and there aren't any STH's in my area, that I talk with (at the Verizon or elsewhere) that are Kanko fans this year (many of us were in the past).

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Oops ... http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

Quote:
A Manchester Monarchs hockey player has been charged with domestic assault after a fight with his wife in their Manchester home.

Petr Kanko was arrested Wednesday afternoon. Police say he pinned his wife to the wall by the neck during an argument over a planned vacation.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post

We always did keep hearing all those rumors of problems at home....

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 04:55 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
"I said fold my socks! Don't bundle them up in that annoying ball! ****!"

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
And that's the end of his time in the Kings organizaion...

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 10:31 PM
hockeynutz

since the only 2 people who were there are petr & his wife, then nobody knows precisely what happened except the two of them.

nobody has the right to judge what happened except the judge who is going to hear the case.

as an attorney who's represented people on both sides of these cases, the facts get spun by whoever's doing the talking.

what has been charged as domestic assault may not end up being domestic assault after all the facts come out - in court where they belong.

just sayin'...

hockeynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeynutz View Post
since the only 2 people who were there are petr & his wife, then nobody knows precisely what happened except the two of them.

nobody has the right to judge what happened except the judge who is going to hear the case.

as an attorney who's represented people on both sides of these cases, the facts get spun by whoever's doing the talking.

what has been charged as domestic assault may not end up being domestic assault after all the facts come out - in court where they belong.

just sayin'...
Completely true, but with his past history of personal problems, you ahve to admit that this is entirely possible...

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 01:18 AM
King Blazer

The Manchester Police spokesperson (Officer Maureen Tessier) was on the 5:00 news (WMUR) here tonight.

Basically, from the report filed by Kanko's wife:

The couple was having an argument.
Wife pushes Kanko first (she was clear about the wife initiating the contact) and runs into the bathroom.
Kanko runs after her and pins her against bathroom wall then releases her.
Wife calls 911 police come and arrest Kanko for domestic assault.

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 01:36 PM
BINGO

If that was the case and the wife was clear about initiating contact, he shouldn't have been arrested, she should have....if she doesn't press charges, it's kinds hard for the Manchester PD to...

Most domestic situations are not what they appear to be in the paper or hearsay/gossip....and even if the female was at fault, the man will be arrested.

I live across the street from our local PD and in the summer we see a lot of strange stuff. I have seen someone get bailed out, throw a rock through teh front window, and get taken right back in.....and two of my good friends are state troopers and the stories they tell are amazing...

BINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 01:54 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Monarchs' Kanko faces assault charge on wife

http://www.unionleader.com/article.a...4-f30300d12043

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote