HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Arnott an All-Star

Old
01-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Arnott an All-Star

Western Roster

Congrats to him.

I guess the NHL had to pick someone eh?

No one from our team really deserved it.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
He is having a good year, by all accounts. Maybe a bit streaky, but good numbers really.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2008, 04:43 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I guess his early nomination helped him. I think Dumont is having a better year

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 01:42 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Arnott did well in the Skills Competition.

He didn't win his events, but he is the hardest and most accurate shot in all the West!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 02:11 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Arnott ended the game with 12:26 ice time. The lowest of the entire damn game!

Also, had 1 assist (Phaneuf's goal), ended +1 and had 1 shot. But was 0-6 in F/O.

All in all, a good job by our All-Star.

Also, Rick Nash was robbed of MVP.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 02:36 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

eh, yeah he got the hat trick, but who was really more valuable? staal played a better all around game, nash was good at cherry picking

how come we never see that blast Arnott has in games? lol

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 09:33 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
how come we never see that blast Arnott has in games? lol
We do, its how he scores most of his goals. Sitting next to the left faceoff circle, waiting for Dumont's pass.

I thought the All-Star game was pretty entertaining, especially the third period.

Arnott had a pretty good game, he should have been passed the puck a bit more often but who cares. At least he didn't get hurt, thats all I cared about.

Old
01-28-2008, 10:51 AM
lugnut76

After suffering through the skills competition I couldn't bring myself to watch the All-Star game. I thought the skills competition was absolutely tragic. I thought the changes to the fastest skating were terrible, and it seemed like nobody really knew who won their heats. Might has well drawn names out of a hat. The obstacle course didn't seem like much of a challenge and I had no idea how the scoring worked and because the camera angles couldn't tell what the crap they were doing. Hated the on-ice camera following the shootout contestants. The breakaway challenge wasn't very interesting (except the first time Ovechkin tried to bat the puck out of mid-air). Emerick (who I like) called people by the wrong names constantly and the mics the players were wearing either didn't work or they weren't really miked. I don't know how many times Emrick asked a question or said "Manny can you hear me". . .nothing but crickets. It seems like folks always like to pile on the NHL, and I try to stay away from it; but I thought the NHL with the help of Versus really did a poor job. I think the NHL needs to revisit their changes and really try to make it fresh. I think fighting is an important part of the game, but I am not one that normally watches the games for the fights. With that said, what about allowing the fans to vote for their favorite enforcers and let them have a go at the skills competition? It certainly would draw interest and might reward some guys who will never have the skill to make an All-Star team but work just as hard at what they do.

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut76 View Post
After suffering through the skills competition I couldn't bring myself to watch the All-Star game. I thought the skills competition was absolutely tragic. I thought the changes to the fastest skating were terrible, and it seemed like nobody really knew who won their heats. Might has well drawn names out of a hat. The obstacle course didn't seem like much of a challenge and I had no idea how the scoring worked and because the camera angles couldn't tell what the crap they were doing. Hated the on-ice camera following the shootout contestants. The breakaway challenge wasn't very interesting (except the first time Ovechkin tried to bat the puck out of mid-air). Emerick (who I like) called people by the wrong names constantly and the mics the players were wearing either didn't work or they weren't really miked. I don't know how many times Emrick asked a question or said "Manny can you hear me". . .nothing but crickets. It seems like folks always like to pile on the NHL, and I try to stay away from it; but I thought the NHL with the help of Versus really did a poor job. I think the NHL needs to revisit their changes and really try to make it fresh. I think fighting is an important part of the game, but I am not one that normally watches the games for the fights. With that said, what about allowing the fans to vote for their favorite enforcers and let them have a go at the skills competition? It certainly would draw interest and might reward some guys who will never have the skill to make an All-Star team but work just as hard at what they do.
I think the Skills competition in essence is awesome, however its the way it is produced that is lacking.

Clean up the camera work, work on cleaning up the events so that everyone knows what is happening. Then after that, work on setting up the event. Show more footage of that event in the year's past, including 'record' holders. Show game footage of the All-Star about to compete. Show everyone why they are an All-Star and why they are competing in that event. All-Star games now seem to focus on the same few players. Showcase all the players, its only for the better of the NHL.

Perhaps even add an element to it to where the winner of the skills competition gets an added bonus to the All-Star game, whether that be scoreboard based, starting out with an additional player, etc. Maybe add small trophies for the competitions that are taken to display in that player's arena for winning it.

I think the skills part of it is great and is entertaining in itself, just everything around it can be handled better.

As for the enforcers, I'll have to disagree on that one. I think it cheapens fighting in the NHL and paints the NHL like the WWF or something like that. Fighting is in hockey for a reason. Not that the fastest show is extremely realistic, but it just feels like fighting would not fit.

Old
01-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I think the Skills competition in essence is awesome, however its the way it is produced that is lacking.

Clean up the camera work, work on cleaning up the events so that everyone knows what is happening. Then after that, work on setting up the event. Show more footage of that event in the year's past, including 'record' holders. Show game footage of the All-Star about to compete. Show everyone why they are an All-Star and why they are competing in that event. All-Star games now seem to focus on the same few players. Showcase all the players, its only for the better of the NHL.

Perhaps even add an element to it to where the winner of the skills competition gets an added bonus to the All-Star game, whether that be scoreboard based, starting out with an additional player, etc. Maybe add small trophies for the competitions that are taken to display in that player's arena for winning it.

I think the skills part of it is great and is entertaining in itself, just everything around it can be handled better.

As for the enforcers, I'll have to disagree on that one. I think it cheapens fighting in the NHL and paints the NHL like the WWF or something like that. Fighting is in hockey for a reason. Not that the fastest show is extremely realistic, but it just feels like fighting would not fit.
That's actually a really good idea

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote