Game 53 GDT Anaheim @ LA 1-24-08 7:30

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Kopistar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
nah, we were going to buy our playoff tickets. What did you do after the playoffs?
I went on with my life like the rest of the country. I'm not a Duck fan who constantly brags about their teams Championship.

Get over it, it was last season and this season you just lost to the KINGS!!!!!. The worst team in the league by far. You all are praying for Teemu to come back but it's not going to help. Ducks will not repeat this year.

Just watch.

Old
01-28-2008, 02:12 AM
Kopistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko View Post
It's almost hard to even make that gripe because his announcing is SO bad that words won't do it justice. I wonder if you mute the TV and read the closed captions if they put question marks after everything Fox says. Why for the love of God does he talk like that?
Brian Hayward is the same way. He annoys me so much I have to also put it on mute. For the love of god why does Hayward blow every player on the Ducks team on a nightly basis?

"Great save by Nabokov.....You know Johnny....Giggy has made a ton of those saves tonight. He is an elite goalie in this league for sure"

Also he *****es and whines when so called "marginal calls" are made. Especially when Avery or Brown hits any Duck player cleanly Hayward instantly says both players use the "hit and run" tactic.

Nearly every game he will criticize a ref for a marginal call when it was in fact a solid call. He's one of the biggest homers in the league and if you Duck fans can't see that then you too are homers.

Fox isn't perfect but I would take him over Hayward any day.

Old
01-28-2008, 03:30 AM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveStoned View Post
Brian Hayward is the same way. He annoys me so much I have to also put it on mute. For the love of god why does Hayward blow every player on the Ducks team on a nightly basis?

"Great save by Nabokov.....You know Johnny....Giggy has made a ton of those saves tonight. He is an elite goalie in this league for sure"

Also he *****es and whines when so called "marginal calls" are made. Especially when Avery or Brown hits any Duck player cleanly Hayward instantly says both players use the "hit and run" tactic.

Nearly every game he will criticize a ref for a marginal call when it was in fact a solid call. He's one of the biggest homers in the league and if you Duck fans can't see that then you too are homers.

Is there an announcer that is not biased towards their team? i can't think of one but i don't hear many telecasts so im not one to say. If they were constantly ripping their team i doubt they would do the telecasts for very long.

I heard Fox the other day talk about a goal that LaBarbera let up from outside the dot and said "was it a good shot, sure, but if your gonna win those shots need to be stopped." Something i NEVER hear hayward say. I hate how they ride giguere's balls talking every game how giggy keeps them in at and giggy makes big saves when in reality, he really doesn't. Sure i know giggy keeps them in games for a period or so but Hayword seems to think he is god and no goal is ever his fault. always saying "giggy had no chance on that one" which is ******** a lot of the time.

Old
01-28-2008, 09:22 AM
kenabnrmal

Quote:

Actually, Hayward criticizes the refs for marginal calls both ways. He'll be a homer at times (show me just one regional broadcaster who isn't...it's in the job description), but he's pretty consistent in his critiques of officials.

Hayward comes across as one of the more knowledgable color guys out there. He does a great job of breaking down the finer points of the game, picking up on the details of plays that usually get glossed over by lesser color guys. I haven't listened to Fox a whole lot, but he's never struck me as being terribly insightful. I can get past him being a homer. However, Tommy Lasorda broke down the game nearly as well as Fox did.

Old
01-28-2008, 09:26 AM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
I went on with my life like the rest of the country. I'm not a Duck fan who constantly brags about their teams Championship.

Get over it, it was last season and this season you just lost to the KINGS!!!!!. The worst team in the league by far. You all are praying for Teemu to come back but it's not going to help. Ducks will not repeat this year.

Just watch.
Wow, quite the brave prediction. Really putting your nuts on the firing line there.

Thats why they call them "bragging rights". When your rival wins the Cup, be prepared to take some heat until they get knocked off.

Old
01-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Get over it, it was last season and this season you just lost to the KINGS!!!!!. The worst team in the league by far.
You sure told us. Or as Fox would say "You sure told us???"

Old
01-28-2008, 03:07 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Closed.

Closed Thread