HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

zidlicky available?

Old
01-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Ol Dirty Bstrd

vCash: 500
zidlicky available?

is zidlicky expendable to the preds? im guessing theyd be looking for some young talent back. from the devils, how bout bergfors (best offensive prospect), rachunek (UFA at end of season), and a 2nd or 3rd? If your not interested in rachunek, bergfors and greene?

Ol Dirty Bstrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Now that he has found a stable partner in Ville Koistenen, I doubt he is available UNTIL we have resigned Shea Weber/Ryan Suter. At this point, I would say he is just as likely to be moved as Ryan Suter or Kevin Klein, and this is assuming he waives his no trade clause.

01-28-2008, 10:28 AM
continental divide*

What would it take, realistically, to get Zidlicky.

Would Upshall and a pick work?

continental divide* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 11:35 AM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by laramie pass View Post
What would it take, realistically, to get Zidlicky.

Would Upshall and a pick work?
Why would we want Upshall back? He's way too injury prone, IMO.

I'm not a big fan of Zidlicky, but this would not be good value...

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 09:06 PM
continental divide*

What I don't understand is why Zidlicky was on the '25 Most Tradeable Players' as ranked by TSN. Why would Nashville want to move him? From the outside looking in, I can't find a single decent reason why. I'm not a Preds fan, but I respect a lot of the talent you guys have on your blueline. It's borderline ridiculous the amount of current and future blueline talent you guys have. That has to be a positive for you guys looking ahead.

Old
01-28-2008, 09:29 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
What I don't understand is why Zidlicky was on the '25 Most Tradeable Players' as ranked by TSN. Why would Nashville want to move him? From the outside looking in, I can't find a single decent reason why. I'm not a Preds fan, but I respect a lot of the talent you guys have on your blueline. It's borderline ridiculous the amount of current and future blueline talent you guys have. That has to be a positive for you guys looking ahead.
You answered your own question. The reason we would consider moving him is because of that talent. Weber, Suter, Kosisten, Hamhus -- all have above average offensive talent. Ya, when need veterans, but I woudn't call Zidlicky some great veteran presence.

Let's take that 3.5m and put it towards a good veteran defensive oriented dman. Barrett Jackman, Mike Commodore, Salvador, Jason Smith... if we really go all-out: Wade Redeen. In the meantime, let's get some good value for Zids... maybe a 1st rd pick. Maybe in a bigger package for good young forward.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 07:12 AM
continental divide*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
You answered your own question. The reason we would consider moving him is because of that talent. Weber, Suter, Kosisten, Hamhus -- all have above average offensive talent. Ya, when need veterans, but I woudn't call Zidlicky some great veteran presence.

Let's take that 3.5m and put it towards a good veteran defensive oriented dman. Barrett Jackman, Mike Commodore, Salvador, Jason Smith... if we really go all-out: Wade Redeen. In the meantime, let's get some good value for Zids... maybe a 1st rd pick. Maybe in a bigger package for good young forward.
If you're wanting a 'good' defensive dman, why did you mention Wade Redden.

How about a Zid for Jason Smith swap??

I understand what you're saying above, but Kosisten, Klein, and to some degree Suter, haven't proven anything at this level of play. But hey, to each their own.

Old
01-29-2008, 09:04 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
If you're wanting a 'good' defensive dman, why did you mention Wade Redden.

How about a Zid for Jason Smith swap??

I understand what you're saying above, but Kosisten, Klein, and to some degree Suter, haven't proven anything at this level of play. But hey, to each their own.
A Zids for Smith swap, one for one, doesn't do much for us given contract statuses. There's not a lot of sense in trading a guy that's still locked up for a while longer for an impending UFA.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 09:40 AM
continental divide*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
A Zids for Smith swap, one for one, doesn't do much for us given contract statuses. There's not a lot of sense in trading a guy that's still locked up for a while longer for an impending UFA.
No, I know that, and should have put the sarcastic emoticon there.

Contracts being equal I couldn't see ANYONE trading a guy like Zids for Smith. Smith is so overrated is nauseating.