HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saku my favourite beer 7-0

Old
01-25-2008, 01:00 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

vCash: 500
I drink every day and the Habs are 2nd in the East.

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Finally.

Well on seven occasions this season I have had a Saku or two before the game started.

The Habs are now 7-0 in those games and Koivu has seven goals in them as well.
I am not going to over due it but this will be used should the Habs make the playoffs.

If you live in Ontario you can pick up the blood of the new and everlasting covenant at your neighbourhood LCBO.

LONG LIVE

May be next game you should try ''cuvé de Bouillon''

Last edited by Dunlop: 01-25-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:58 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
don't wanna nitpick, but it's only been 7. he has 9 goals, and he has had two 2-goal games
Okay, I thought I remembered one of the games the Habs won but he did not score.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 01:59 PM
JMMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunlop View Post
May be next game you should try ''cuvé de Bouillon''
Where can I get that?

Old
01-25-2008, 02:01 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Keep up the good work!

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Guiness time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Not long before the playoff series versus Carolina. My brother and I have a quest to try every single damn beer we can get our hands on, and we didn't hesitate picking up Saku when we saw it at the LCBO.

We started our quest about 3-4 years ago, and I believe since then we have tried over 400 different beers from every corner of the earth.

BTW...my worst rating for any beer I've ever tried is still 7 THUMBS UP!!!

This is the latest beer we have pick up, but we are waiting to Super Bowl Sunday to try it. It looks good, and so far I've like all the Innis and Gunn beers, so....

http://www.innisandgunn.com/thebeer_...etaste_IPA.htm

that looks like good stuff....made by glenfidich.....i just put my friend on a beer mission, hes heading to ontario for the weekend!!!

Guiness time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Dunlop

Quote:
Where can I get that?
it's a beer of belgium ,I don't know if it's available in Canada

Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:18 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Some pretty direct cause and effect there.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 02:31 PM
JMMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiness time View Post
that looks like good stuff....made by glenfidich.....i just put my friend on a beer mission, hes heading to ontario for the weekend!!!
Picking up some Sakus?

Old
01-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Guiness time

Quote:
Picking up some Sakus?
But of course!!!

Guiness time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 04:30 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Not long before the playoff series versus Carolina. My brother and I have a quest to try every single damn beer we can get our hands on, and we didn't hesitate picking up Saku when we saw it at the LCBO.

We started our quest about 3-4 years ago, and I believe since then we have tried over 400 different beers from every corner of the earth.

BTW...my worst rating for any beer I've ever tried is still 7 THUMBS UP!!!

This is the latest beer we have pick up, but we are waiting to Super Bowl Sunday to try it. It looks good, and so far I've like all the Innis and Gunn beers, so....

http://www.innisandgunn.com/thebeer_...etaste_IPA.htm
...what kind of moderator do we have ?

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 04:41 PM
habs_in_the_blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
and you'r point is?
i beleive in the Saku's...in fact i was part of it when the habs beat the leafs on saturday december 15th, a bunch of us had some (disgusting) Saku's...worth the sacrifice tough!! heheh

habs_in_the_blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
There's two of us now.... I don't think Darz is far ahead of me in the number of different beers he's tried.... I love trying different beers from all over the globe....

We once tried to save an (empty) bottle from a different brewery starting with every letter of the alphabet, we had 24 down, only missing x and z, in my buddies garage when he broke up with his g/f and she proceeded to smash every bottle on the way out. AARRGH made me so mad!!!!!

We need to start a new collection..... I think I may go pick up some Sakus for my S

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

http://www.stubby.ca/images/thumbs/b...ttles_h008.jpg

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 05:21 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabsgo_11 View Post
I think the whole world would have to drink one for him to get going.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
There's two of us now.... I don't think Darz is far ahead of me in the number of different beers he's tried.... I love trying different beers from all over the globe....

We once tried to save an (empty) bottle from a different brewery starting with every letter of the alphabet, we had 24 down, only missing x and z, in my buddies garage when he broke up with his g/f and she proceeded to smash every bottle on the way out. AARRGH made me so mad!!!!!

We need to start a new collection..... I think I may go pick up some Sakus for my S

Of the 400 or so different beers we have tried, we have saved one empty bottle or can of each. They are displayed in my brothers rec room bar, but we ran out of space after 250-300, so we are trying to come up with some ideas to increase shelving space for our empties.

01-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiness time View Post

Awesome....let me know what ya think.

Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 02:23 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Of the 400 or so different beers we have tried, we have saved one empty bottle or can of each. They are displayed in my brothers rec room bar, but we ran out of space after 250-300, so we are trying to come up with some ideas to increase shelving space for our empties.
Where are you getting your beer Darz? Unfortunately the LCBO seems to be trimming down their beer offerings. A couple of years ago I could waltz into most stores and pick up Chimay or Duvel (on occasion Rochefort) now the selection is being watered down with industrial crap.

Old
01-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Where are you getting your beer Darz? Unfortunately the LCBO seems to be trimming down their beer offerings. A couple of years ago I could waltz into most stores and pick up Chimay or Duvel (on occasion Rochefort) now the selection is being watered down with industrial crap.
I've found the LCBO up here in Thunder Bay are pretty good for rotating their beer stock. Many beers I've bought there a year ago, seems impossible to find again, but they seem to be replaced with new imports to try. It's a double edge sword I guess, because many times a beer I really like I can't find again, but there always seems to be a couple/few new beers to try, so......

Also getting alot of beers from the U.S. Any time my brother goes to the states, he usually returns with 5-6 different beers for us to sample.

Also have had a couple friends mail us beers from different parts of Canada as well.

Actually, I just returned from the liqour store and picked up 4 of these beauties....

Fullers Vintage Ale 2007
http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/fullers...le-2007/75553/

Old
01-28-2008, 03:28 PM
habfan4

Quote:
I've found the LCBO up here in Thunder Bay are pretty good for rotating their beer stock. Many beers I've bought there a year ago, seems impossible to find again, but they seem to be replaced with new imports to try. It's a double edge sword I guess, because many times a beer I really like I can't find again, but there always seems to be a couple/few new beers to try, so......
That's the most infuriating thing about the LCBO, they build up a nice selection and then they discontinue the better choices. It's gotten to the point that when I see something I like, I buy it all.

Quote:
Also getting alot of beers from the U.S. Any time my brother goes to the states, he usually returns with 5-6 different beers for us to sample.

Also have had a couple friends mail us beers from different parts of Canada as well.

Actually, I just returned from the liqour store and picked up 4 of these beauties....

Fullers Vintage Ale 2007
http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/fullers...le-2007/75553/
Most of the time I travel to the States it's by plane and I'm loathe to load up my suitcase with a bunch of beer. On the rare occassions when I drive down, I try stock up on American microbrews which are very tasty.

I haven't had the Fuller's Vintage 2007 yet, but I'm a big fan of their other brews. Over the holidays I was in London and quaffed dozens of ESB and London Pride on cask.

Old
01-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Darz

Quote:
That's the most infuriating thing about the LCBO, they build up a nice selection and then they discontinue the better choices. It's gotten to the point that when I see something I like, I buy it all.
Agreed, although I've been told many times that if you ask a manager at the LCBO to bring in a certain beer, alot of times if they can bring it in, they will. I have yet to ask, but there are some good beers that I haven't had for a few years, I wouldn't mind reaquanting myself with. It's funny sometimes I'll buy a beer that I LOVED a few years earlier, and after I have one, I try to remember why I LOVED it so much.

....although I will reiterate, the worst beer I've ever tried has my persoanl rating of SEVEN THUMBS UP!!!, so......

Quote:
Most of the time I travel to the States it's by plane and I'm loathe to load up my suitcase with a bunch of beer. On the rare occassions when I drive down, I try stock up on American microbrews which are very tasty.
Ya, being only 40 minutes away from the U.S./Canada boarder makes it fairly easy up here.

Quote:
I haven't had the Fuller's Vintage 2007 yet, but I'm a big fan of their other brews.
I didn't see it til a couple days ago myself, but I figure every Fuller's I've had has been great so far, so.... I'm going to save it til Super Bowl Sunday, although I've read that the Fuller's Vintage Ale's are better if you age them a few years. I just can't see hanging on to ANY beer that long. I've even heard people trying the '98 version in the past year or so. How could anyone hold onto a beer that long!!!!!

Quote:
Over the holidays I was in London and quaffed dozens of ESB and London Pride on cask.
My dream is to be downing a few pints in a local pub in England!!! I have a friend over there, and one of these years I plan on making it over there. A liverpool FC game followed by a trip to a local pub.....ah, my dream come true.

Old
01-29-2008, 10:25 AM
habfan4

Quote:
...I didn't see it til a couple days ago myself, but I figure every Fuller's I've had has been great so far, so.... I'm going to save it til Super Bowl Sunday, although I've read that the Fuller's Vintage Ale's are better if you age them a few years. I just can't see hanging on to ANY beer that long. I've even heard people trying the '98 version in the past year or so. How could anyone hold onto a beer that long!!!!!
Well it's bottled conditioned so it should keep for a very long time. I've had a few Chimay Cinq Cents and a bunch of Rochefort 8 in my wine fridge for over a year, but that's more a testament to the fact that with such a high ABV you can't really pound them back.

Quote:
My dream is to be downing a few pints in a local pub in England!!! I have a friend over there, and one of these years I plan on making it over there. A liverpool FC game followed by a trip to a local pub.....ah, my dream come true.
It's an experience not to be missed, its seems like there's a good pub with decent taps on every street corner. Munich (not for Ocktober Fest) and Dublin were equally fun for tossing back a few pints, well more than a few actually.

My ultimate beer vacation would be a trip to Belgium but I'm not sure my liver agrees.

Old
01-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Darz

Quote:
Well it's bottled conditioned so it should keep for a very long time. I've had a few Chimay Cinq Cents and a bunch of Rochefort 8 in my wine fridge for over a year, but that's more a testament to the fact that with such a high ABV you can't really pound them back.
I would think the longest I've had the same beers in the fridge would be a few months, but I totally agree in almost all those cases they were higher alcohol beers.

Quote:
It's an experience not to be missed, its seems like there's a good pub with decent taps on every street corner. Munich (not for Ocktober Fest) and Dublin were equally fun for tossing back a few pints, well more than a few actually.

My ultimate beer vacation would be a trip to Belgium but I'm not sure my liver agrees.
Ya, Belgium would also be great, but I definately gotta do the England/Ireland/Scotland tour first.

Damn, this thread is making me thirsty!!!!