HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik not being in the All Star Game is a FLUKE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2008, 05:07 PM
  #51
E_Godard
Registered User
 
E_Godard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Section 103
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 7,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
bingo. any word on if he's playing today?
Supposedly there was an interview after last nights events and he said he was fine.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 06:16 PM
  #52
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,205
vCash: 500
Some of you guys are just making me laugh with this arguement.

First off, plain and simple, Lundqvist DID NOT DESERVE TO BE THERE. He's not had a good season at all. He's had some great games here and there, some amazing saves here and there, but in no way has he had an all star season. He had let the team down with poor goaltending at times this year especially during his slump. I mean you shouldnt be letting in goals from behind the goal line in the corner IF your an all star caliber goalie....no i should reword that--if your having an all star caliber season because he definitely is an all star goalie just didnt have a good season. There have been games where Henrik was needed to really step up and win some games and he didnt.

So I dont care whether or not DP, Thomas, or Vokun deserve to be there because the fact of the matter is Lundqvist doesnt deserve to be there whethers he's had a better season than one of them or all of them.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 06:38 PM
  #53
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Some of you guys are just making me laugh with this arguement.

First off, plain and simple, Lundqvist DID NOT DESERVE TO BE THERE. He's not had a good season at all. He's had some great games here and there, some amazing saves here and there, but in no way has he had an all star season. He had let the team down with poor goaltending at times this year especially during his slump. I mean you shouldnt be letting in goals from behind the goal line in the corner IF your an all star caliber goalie....no i should reword that--if your having an all star caliber season because he definitely is an all star goalie just didnt have a good season. There have been games where Henrik was needed to really step up and win some games and he didnt.

So I dont care whether or not DP, Thomas, or Vokun deserve to be there because the fact of the matter is Lundqvist doesnt deserve to be there whethers he's had a better season than one of them or all of them.
You are so incredibly wrong. Is this your first year watching hockey?

In practically every single game the Rangers have won, there were saves Lundqvist made that stole the game for us, that most goalies "plain and simple" do not make. Hardly any of our wins have come easy. And on top of that, most of the games where Henrik was "slumping," the entire team played terribly in front of him and he still made some clutch saves to keep the game close, but the Rangers couldn't score, and Lundqvist ended up giving up a few weak goals. There's no doubt that if you replaced Lundqvist with Tim Thomas or Vokoun or even DiPietro on the Rangers since the start of the season, we'd be dead last in the league. Lundqvist is no doubt the most important player on the team in terms of directly contributing to wins. There were NONE of these games where you said Lundqvist needed to step up and he didn't. Every single game in which Lundqvist played bad, the team also played bad and didn't pick him up. There was maybe one or two games ALL year where Lundqvist wasn't sharp and was picked up by the rest of the team and got a win. On the flip side, almost every game in the first month and a half, Lundqvist picked up the rest of the team and stole points every night. Get a clue.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 07:22 PM
  #54
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
You are so incredibly wrong. Is this your first year watching hockey?

In practically every single game the Rangers have won, there were saves Lundqvist made that stole the game for us, that most goalies "plain and simple" do not make. Hardly any of our wins have come easy. And on top of that, most of the games where Henrik was "slumping," the entire team played terribly in front of him and he still made some clutch saves to keep the game close, but the Rangers couldn't score, and Lundqvist ended up giving up a few weak goals. There's no doubt that if you replaced Lundqvist with Tim Thomas or Vokoun or even DiPietro on the Rangers since the start of the season, we'd be dead last in the league. Lundqvist is no doubt the most important player on the team in terms of directly contributing to wins. There were NONE of these games where you said Lundqvist needed to step up and he didn't. Every single game in which Lundqvist played bad, the team also played bad and didn't pick him up. There was maybe one or two games ALL year where Lundqvist wasn't sharp and was picked up by the rest of the team and got a win. On the flip side, almost every game in the first month and a half, Lundqvist picked up the rest of the team and stole points every night. Get a clue.
I've been watching hockey for many years and Lundqvist has been pretty good this season but nothing close to how he performed last year and certainly not at an all-star level.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 07:45 PM
  #55
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I've been watching hockey for many years and Lundqvist has been pretty good this season but nothing close to how he performed last year and certainly not at an all-star level.
You have no basis for argument. What's this "all-star level" you speak of? That's a meaningless term for what we're discussing. It's not like we're discussing this before all-star selections were made. Henrik has outperformed Thomas, Vokoun, and DiPietro this year. "All-star level" or not, he's outperformed them. Therefore, he deserved to be there more than they did. It's simple. If you don't think Lundqvist has been this "all-star level" that you speak of, then clearly neither have Thomas, Vokoun or DiPietro.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 07:49 PM
  #56
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
If anyone just heard DP say how he just F'd up his hip is exactly why Henke shouldn't be there.
exactly....Henrik has been having some trouble recently with his game and i would rather have him rest up and get ready for the 2nd half where the Rangers, once again, are going to have to win a large number of games....rest up Henrik....u might not get a rest till summer

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 08:08 PM
  #57
dubey
Registered Genius
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: the 6ix w/ my woes
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,709
vCash: 500
I agree Lundqvist probably should have been there, for the good of the game in America. Instead of having a 15 goal total, it would have probably been around 25-30. Pretty entertaining if you ask me.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 08:26 PM
  #58
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,473
vCash: 500
Personally...

I don't know how a case can be made for lundqvist to be in the All Star game. I'm not even sure it's even a close decision. This has been a night and day season. He was spectacular for the first two months and average the last couple. Overall, he's been about anove average. Sure he's bailed this team out on numerous occasions, but didn't hold his own in about as many, including numerous games in which he was facing less than 20 shots. Need to look at the entire season, remembering all those 3+ goals games as much as the under 2 goal games. And, trends do count - you don't get as much credit for three months ago as you do for three weeks ago. With stats being equal, and play being equal for two goalies, the nod will always go to the one who's been playing better over the recent course of games. Lundqvist is in the middle of the pack regarding stats - that's not all star worthy.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 08:31 PM
  #59
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,473
vCash: 500
Bretzky...

I'd argue that the Rangers play better defensively than the Isles, Boston and Panthers. And heck, look at Lundqvist's save percentage compared to those three (especially over Thomas, whose save % blows away Henke's and his GAA is close) - I think that's a bit indicative of the defense he plays behind. And again, the last two months have been pretty horrific for Lundqvist, and one needs to take that into consideration.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 08:48 PM
  #60
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
You have no basis for argument. What's this "all-star level" you speak of? That's a meaningless term for what we're discussing. It's not like we're discussing this before all-star selections were made. Henrik has outperformed Thomas, Vokoun, and DiPietro this year. "All-star level" or not, he's outperformed them. Therefore, he deserved to be there more than they did. It's simple. If you don't think Lundqvist has been this "all-star level" that you speak of, then clearly neither have Thomas, Vokoun or DiPietro.
You presented your opinion and I presented mine and you respond by saying that I have no basis for my opinion.

I doubt you could find one person on this board that thinks Lundqvist is performing anywhere near his level of last year. Is that meaningless?

I don't see enough of Thomas and Vokoun to have a fair read on their overall game. Have seen each between 5 and 10 times but DP has better than Lundqvist so far this year. He is playing in front of utter garbage and keeping his team in every game. Longterm I think Lundqvist will end up a great one, I just don't agree with you that he is performing all that well this year.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 08:55 PM
  #61
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,205
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
You are so incredibly wrong. Is this your first year watching hockey?

In practically every single game the Rangers have won, there were saves Lundqvist made that stole the game for us, that most goalies "plain and simple" do not make. Hardly any of our wins have come easy. And on top of that, most of the games where Henrik was "slumping," the entire team played terribly in front of him and he still made some clutch saves to keep the game close, but the Rangers couldn't score, and Lundqvist ended up giving up a few weak goals. There's no doubt that if you replaced Lundqvist with Tim Thomas or Vokoun or even DiPietro on the Rangers since the start of the season, we'd be dead last in the league. Lundqvist is no doubt the most important player on the team in terms of directly contributing to wins. There were NONE of these games where you said Lundqvist needed to step up and he didn't. Every single game in which Lundqvist played bad, the team also played bad and didn't pick him up. There was maybe one or two games ALL year where Lundqvist wasn't sharp and was picked up by the rest of the team and got a win. On the flip side, almost every game in the first month and a half, Lundqvist picked up the rest of the team and stole points every night. Get a clue.
LMAO

This is too funny, get a clue? Have I ever watched hockey? Man oh man I dont know what games you have been watching all year but they certainly havent been hockey.

The Rangers havent won that many games this year, their fighting for their lives to stay in the playoff hunt and Lundqvist isnt who has kept them in it. Now I didnt say I dont like Lundqvist because I love the guy, think he's one of the best but lets be realistic here and honest and agree he hasnt been the same goalie he was the last few years. He just hasnt. The team is in 8th place and as good as Lundqvist was in the wins he got, he was just as bad in the losses he obtained also. So please dont give me this crap about him stealing points because he gave some away too. They could have came back in that Calgary, but he let an extremely weak goal in because the truth is that he hasnt been mentally focused most of the year. I know his father is sick and I'll give him that but you cant tell me he's played up the level he should be at because he hasnt. The calgary game was right around where the slump started for him, so it was crucial when he made that error. I know my hockey, and I think Henrik has made highlight reel saves this season (Savard save and the one he had with the back of his leg) that we'll be shown for the rest of his career, but I;m sorry I cant find myself to say he has been fantastic for this team. Brodeur and DP have been better.

I just dont think Lundqvist deserved to be there. There were games where he was awful. If you say there werent then your living in fantasy land. I think Lundqvist we'll have a great second half and give himself a shot at the vezina, but right now, at this point he shouldnt have been in that ASG and I dont care who went instead of him because its not about that. He just didnt perform as well as he could have and as a result their tied for 8th in the east. You said it yourself, he's the most important player on the team in contributing to wins.....but their not winning. A winning team doesnt sit tied for 8th, almost on the outside looking in. I understand its not all his fault because it definitely isnt. The team has been bad. And Lundqvist has been bad with them. Gomez was the only guy that truely deserved to be there.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 09:06 PM
  #62
HenriksBetter
 
HenriksBetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
I agree Lundqvist probably should have been there, for the good of the game in America. Instead of having a 15 goal total, it would have probably been around 25-30. Pretty entertaining if you ask me.
Yeah cause your goaltenders in Toronto have been awesome at keeping the puck out of the net. I wouldn't talk to much trash until you have a netminder that is even in consideration for the ASG.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2008, 09:14 PM
  #63
HenriksBetter
 
HenriksBetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
I don't even know why we are still complaining about Henrik not making it into the ASG. I am one of his biggest supporters on all of the boards i post on and have said over and over again that he didn't deserve to go. He simply played himself out of the game by having such a horrible december. And in the grand scheme of things it was probably the best thing for him and the Rangers that he didn't go. One, it gives him a chance to rest and refocus. Two, he could have gotten hurt there, remember Richter's knee injury? It is done and over with now. Can we all just move onto worrying about the last 2 months of the season and this team making a move into a playoff spot?

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 11:16 AM
  #64
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,335
vCash: 500

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.