HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tonight's Blues Buzz - Comments re: Jackman

Old
01-25-2008, 11:19 PM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txbluesfan44 View Post
Well I'm confident in what I heard last night and it didnt sound like Plager was talking about last summer, but Strickland has offered this clarification over at another forum:

"AndyStrickland wrote:
The comment made by Bob Plager is not new info. Jackman rejected an offer from the Blues last summer and elected to sign a one year contract. The two sides couldn't agree on a number last summer so they decided to play out another year and take it from there. I will have a story on this later today. If there is any confusion, the Blues have not offerd Jackman an extension this season.
Best,

Andy strickland"

I'm curious if anyone else was listening to Blues Buzz last night and their interpretation of the conversation. This becoming news could limit the Blues leverage I would think, so maybe some spin-doctoring...or I could be deaf.

I heard the same thing, you arent deaf.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 11:28 PM
txbluesfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmans Domain View Post
I agree. It pains me to see it, but it makes nothing but sense if they know they can't lock him up. The club is still rebuilding and could really use the assets that Jackman could return...and there are cheaper alternatives already in the system. It sucks that McKee's, Brewer's and Backman's contracts have basically screwed Jax...he's played just as well as any of those guys ever have for extended period in St. Louis, but he's picked the wrong season to have a career-bad year.

If he can agree to terms, I'd love to resign him and move someone else out...but i don't see him asking for significantly less money than the other 3 guys mentioned above...and i don't see the Blues offering anything close to a similar cotract.
I agree 100%, well-said. I go to bed every night praying to the Hockey Gods above that we find a taker for Backman at the deadline and free up the cash to re-sign both Jackman and Salvador, but short of that, reality says Jackman is gone, bringing additional pieces to the puzzle for the long haul.

txbluesfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2008, 11:33 PM
c-carp

I would drive Backman to the airport if he is moved. Not a big fan here.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 12:16 AM
BluesDarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp View Post
I'd drive him to his new city!

Even if its Vancouver or Buffalo!

Or in Europe for that matter! (would require some modification of my car, but still doable)

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 04:01 AM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesDarb View Post
I'd drive him to his new city!

Even if its Vancouver or Buffalo!

Or in Europe for that matter! (would require some modification of my car, but still doable)
I am willing to donate any of my time that I haven't already sold to General Motors to help you make those modifications.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2008, 08:26 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegarrioch View Post
Ottawa has been looking for another defenceman - just for added depth purposes heading into the post-season. Murray isn't really willing to deal anyone off the roster, however.

We could probably part with a prospect (perhaps Josh Hennessy) and a draft pick?

I've really wanted Ottawa to look at either Salvador or Jackman for the playoff run.
I'd be interested. Depends on the pick.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 06:47 PM
txbluesfan44

Here's an update from Jeremy Rutherford on the Jackman rumor last week of the rejected extension.....a text straight from Jackman himself:

Regarding the rumor that Jackman has rejected a deal from the Blues, he wrote:

"I am just trying to enjoy my weekend, but all I get are calls about this bad rumor that I have turned down a deal! No such thing has happened!!!! Please put this rumor to rest!!!!

JR

txbluesfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Glove side

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp View Post
I'll give you gas money. Totally agree

Glove side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 08:34 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucegarrioch View Post
Ottawa has been looking for another defenceman - just for added depth purposes heading into the post-season. Murray isn't really willing to deal anyone off the roster, however.

We could probably part with a prospect (perhaps Josh Hennessy) and a draft pick?

I've really wanted Ottawa to look at either Salvador or Jackman for the playoff run.
Name your package for either. I'm interested. We could use an NHL ready, top flight center prospect. I'm not convinced that Berglund, Oshie or Eller will end up being centers.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 10:03 PM
CuSa_1

I thought Berglund was a sure-fire center?

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:15 AM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb6wc22 View Post
I'll give you gas money. Totally agree
And if the car should die...I will push the car to the new city to get Backman there.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 09:17 AM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Name your package for either. I'm interested. We could use an NHL ready, top flight center prospect. I'm not convinced that Berglund, Oshie or Eller will end up being centers.
I agree. I could see them possibly being Wingers.

Oshie almost for sure. But possibly Berglund as well.

Eller, I haven't seen enough to make a statement on that.

Old
01-30-2008, 01:08 PM
General Veers

From what I've seen of Berglund, he doesn't look like a guy who should be wasted on the wing. His size, smooth skating, and puck control make him a perfect center. I think the Blues should put him at C and just leave him there. Oshie on the other hand would be a perfect wing, his rough skating style coupled with his propensity for contact makes him a perfect PK'ing high-energy guy to play RW. (Haven't seen enough Lars)

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 01:45 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
From what I've seen of Berglund, he doesn't look like a guy who should be wasted on the wing. His size, smooth skating, and puck control make him a perfect center. I think the Blues should put him at C and just leave him there. Oshie on the other hand would be a perfect wing, his rough skating style coupled with his propensity for contact makes him a perfect PK'ing high-energy guy to play RW. (Haven't seen enough Lars)
I think the safe bet is that Berglund will be a Center. Especially more likely than Oshie being a center.

However, we have seen how many forwards change position prior to there career taking off in the NHL. On top of all stars switching in the middle or end of there career.

Just look at our team these last 2 years...Tkachuck goes from wing to Center at this stage of his career. As well as Weight going from Center to Wing.

Oshie I think will most likely be a winger, but that is just my guess.

Old
01-30-2008, 01:55 PM
General Veers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
I think the safe bet is that Berglund will be a Center. Especially more likely than Oshie being a center.

However, we have seen how many forwards change position prior to there career taking off in the NHL. On top of all stars switching in the middle or end of there career.

Just look at our team these last 2 years...Tkachuck goes from wing to Center at this stage of his career. As well as Weight going from Center to Wing.

Oshie I think will most likely be a winger, but that is just my guess.
Walt went to center because of a lack of depth. If Bergs makes the team out of camp, that problem will vanish what with Mac, RJ, J.Mac, and Walt around. If 1 or more of those guys just mentioned is moved however....

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 02:20 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
Walt went to center because of a lack of depth. If Bergs makes the team out of camp, that problem will vanish what with Mac, RJ, J.Mac, and Walt around. If 1 or more of those guys just mentioned is moved however....
Weight didn't go to wing because of lack of depth at wing.

That was just one small example anyway.

I think Berglund should be our #2 center in 2-3 years...but it wouldn't shock me to see him on the wing with Oshie, Lemtyugov and Perron.