HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where's Redden?

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Quantas

vCash: 500
Where's Redden?

Not a complaint or anything, just wondering why he's sort of invisible. I think he's had a tough series; he's been hit hard a few times and he really doesn't have the frame for that. We also don't see his crisp, on-the-mark first pass that he's known for. No low, accurate shot from the point either.

Other than his goal in Game 1, he really hasn't done much (unless he's doing all the "little things" analysts always talk about that fans usually miss). At the very least, he isn't de Vries, who for some reason insists on going around his own net on this backhand. I swear evertime he does that, he coughs up the puck.

Old
04-15-2004, 09:44 AM
o-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantas
Not a complaint or anything, just wondering why he's sort of invisible. I think he's had a tough series; he's been hit hard a few times and he really doesn't have the frame for that. We also don't see his crisp, on-the-mark first pass that he's known for. No low, accurate shot from the point either.

Other than his goal in Game 1, he really hasn't done much (unless he's doing all the "little things" analysts always talk about that fans usually miss). At the very least, he isn't de Vries, who for some reason insists on going around his own net on this backhand. I swear evertime he does that, he coughs up the puck.
I think he's been his usual self. Redden is not a guy you notice very often unless he makes a mistake or pinches in...and he has been more conservative pinching in the playoffs. He can take the hitting, guys always go at him and he is rarely affected by it. His shot has been off the mark but some of the Sens have been trying to be too fine when shooting. If you focus on Redden every time he goes back to get the puck with another player, he comes out with the puck a lot and makes a good enough play to advance. That stuff goes unnoticed most of the time...

Old
04-15-2004, 10:17 AM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
He's played very conservative..which is a good thing imo. He's realized he's been giving up too many 2 on 1s by being caught and he's been solid so far. He's helped many times to keep the puck in the offensive zone...and I don't think he's all that invisible. He just hasn't been very offensive...and that's not a bad thing in the playoffs.

Still, our best d-man so far I'd have to say is Phillips.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:34 AM
Gromit

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiedog
I think he's been his usual self. Redden is not a guy you notice very often unless he makes a mistake or pinches in...and he has been more conservative pinching in the playoffs. He can take the hitting, guys always go at him and he is rarely affected by it. His shot has been off the mark but some of the Sens have been trying to be too fine when shooting. If you focus on Redden every time he goes back to get the puck with another player, he comes out with the puck a lot and makes a good enough play to advance. That stuff goes unnoticed most of the time...
I agree. He hasn't been brilliant, but he is getting stuff done out there. I've noticed him making quite a few pinches and hanging around the net longer than usual though. In fact, he got burned doing that for the first goal in game 2 (or was that 3?) when another Sens player (whose name I will not mention) made a perfect breakout pass for the Leafs and gave them a very long 3 on 2.

It does seem that Redden isn't capable of turning it up a notch for the playoffs though - like Phillips does.

Old
04-15-2004, 04:05 PM
WildWestSen

In terms of defencemen, i tend to get worried when i hear their names too much. Their main duties are in our end, therefore i'm not worried when they don't score for a few games. I think the only times that i consciously distinguish between them is big hits, scoring plays, penalties and huge giveaways -- with the exception of Chara of course since he's really hard to miss. There's been plenty of hitting, and scoring isn't their primary job, so if they don't draw attention by taking penalties and setting up Leaf scoring opportunities, them i'm just peachy.

Old
04-15-2004, 04:38 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 120
Redden has been solid. Pothier freaks me out everytime he touches the puck tho..

Closed Thread