HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What went right???

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2004, 11:35 AM
chara

vCash: 500
If the Leafs want to win this series, more than Roberts, Leetch, McCabe, Belfour, Domi, Newie(when he's healthy) and Sundin will have have to step up. Leaf woes evident from the first 4 games:

1. Newie's back - As long as Newie plays with those 2 lazy bums, Antropod and Ponawhatever, his back will flare up. Man, my back is flaring up just thinking about this future hall-of-famer being dealt this bad hand. Class act treated like garbage by Quinn.

2. Mogilny's ineffectiveness - As long as he's playing along side Francis. Mogilny needs a skilled and driven centreman to be effective[Sundin, Newie]. Francis has played scared, afraid of getting hit. I swear he's looking to the bench whenever Fisher hits the ice.

3. Kaberle and Johannson. These guys are scared. Period.

4. Leetch and McCabe can't play 60 minutes. Both these guys have been terrific but unfortunate for Leaf fans, softies Kaberle and Johannsson have to play.

5. Reichel, Ponawhatever, Anthropod, Mogilny, Francis, Renberg, Johannson, Kaberle
These guys are way too soft and not willing to pay the price. Period. Just blow on them and they fall over.

Old
04-15-2004, 11:59 AM
Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkar
Didn't the leafs won 2-3 years ago because Chara was hurt for game 6 and 7 ? Losing Chara is equal to losing Joe & Mats, although I really think that they'll both play next game.
I will curse Ricard Persson for as long as I live.

Old
04-15-2004, 12:23 PM
HF2002

Let them whine. It's what they do as Leaf fans.

They always have some excuse - just like Pat Quinn. The refs we're unfair, Ottawa is a dirty team, blah blah blah. Well, as they were quick to point out in the two Ottawa losses, it doesn't matter what happened in the game. All that counts is the final score.

Old
04-15-2004, 12:40 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
They can whine all they want..it wasn't a trip. Sundin got the shot he wanted off no problem. As he was sliding towards the net it looks like a combo of Redden's stick and him losing his balance. If it WAS a tripping call, then Redden's stick would've tripped him before he got the shot off...because the stick and the skate made contact. Redden didn't trip him though and he simply lost his balance...it was very easy to tell that. If it wasn't, I'm sure the entire Leaf bench would've whined to no end. Instead they realized what had happened.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:03 PM
umboula

Everyone looks for excuses when a key player goes down. Its only natural, you want to blame somebody, anybody!

Unfortunately for us it was not a dirty play, it was not a penalty, it was merely a mistimed defencive move.
Redden kinda nudged him away,like ya do, just as Sundin got the shot off.
Sundin kinda fell off balance as a result and went feet first into the boards.

I'm not happy with it, I hope like hell Mats plays on Friday, but what can ya do?

Its like Tucker's injury. Everyone saying it was Spezza's stick that clipped him. Look at the replay and its Leech's (I think Spezza's got him in the chest, Leetch's caught him in the face)
I think though Tucker just went in for repairs and never bothered to come back as we were down 4-1 by then.

Bah.
I said it earlier, the Leafs were ouplayed. We played like ass, and you guys did not.
Belfour for some reason let in a few soft goals, and our defence scrambled a few times after some real retard plays.
Lalime played a good game for the Sens tonight.

But I've been telling everyone Leafs in 6 or 7... so obviously we gotta lose a few eh?
Heh.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:03 PM
HF2002

If you want a good laugh, go look at the leafs board and all the bandwagoners jumping off.

When they were up 2-1 in the series, toronto was an experienced team full of leadership, grit and heart - a team of destiny.

Now, Ferguson is out to lunch, they are an ineffective group of elderly has beens, and they are a cursed team that'll never win the Cup. I'm ok with that, but sheesh...not even Sens fans have flipped around this much. This series isn't over until one team wins 4 games.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Hossa

Was I the only one who was quite impressed with both Greg de Vries and Curtis Leschysyn last night. I love Volchenkov, he'll be good, but Leschyshyn was much better last night, and I think de Vries played better as a result.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Don Draper

i agree. I actually dont think De Vries has been that bad so far. People expected him to be a flashy player like Redden, when really he is just a very solid D man who isnt going to cost you goals. Which is exactly the reason why they traded Rachunek away for him. Coon cost us goals

Old
04-15-2004, 01:51 PM
chara

Why the Sens the won?

Sens: All 19 guys played hard

Leafs: About 8 guys played well [Sundin, Roberts, McCabe, Leetch, Belfour, Tucker, Klee and Marchment]

Hockey is a team game. If a team doesn't pay the price, then it doesn't deserve to sip from Lord Stanley's mug.

Old
04-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by chara
Sens: All 19 guys played hard

Leafs: About 8 guys played well [Sundin, Roberts, McCabe, Leetch, Belfour, Tucker, Klee and Marchment]

Hockey is a team game. If a team doesn't pay the price, then it doesn't deserve to sip from Lord Stanley's mug.
I thought Klee and Marchment were terrible. Marchment gave up the puck a lot, and Klee doesn't understand the concept of clearing the front of the net. He just lets Bonk sit there on the PP and try to tip things..while he stands in front and stares. Was a funny sight

Old
04-15-2004, 03:12 PM
o-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa
Was I the only one who was quite impressed with both Greg de Vries and Curtis Leschysyn last night. I love Volchenkov, he'll be good, but Leschyshyn was much better last night, and I think de Vries played better as a result.
I was much more impressed with de Vries last night. The first few games he didn't bring much intensity. He's also getting more comfortable with his teammates, it takes a while for d-men.

Having said that, what to do with Volchenkov? He has made a few gaffes but he's a kid who missed most of the season and just came back. Given that scenario, he has played better than expected. I feel that he would bring a certain element to the team that could be crucial for Game 5, but who do you take out? TO will be looking to punish on Friday and Volchenkov could certainly put a few of them in their place when needed. I love this guy but it will be interesting to see if he gets back in. Don't think so...

Old
04-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Quantas

Lots of trash talking in the threads lately...the Nervous Nelly in me (sister to SensGod's Negative Nanny) wants to caution people that when all's said and done, the series is only 2-2. Leafs will come out hard, Sens will have to weather the first 10 mins or so.

I'm been vocal about my displeasure with de Vries so I won't go into that again, but I will say it's good to have Leschyshyn's steadying presence back.

Much like Vermette, Volchenkov will probably get another chance (not in this series, but in the next...providing there is one).

How did people like Spezza's dispy-doodles...geez I thought he'd cut that out in the post-season. He must have tried it like 5 times and it worked once. No wonder he only got 10 mins.

Old
04-15-2004, 03:42 PM
joepeps

Yeah

I can't wait to see Belak in the game... Put some Sens players out of action with good clean hits...

Then all you Sens fans can cry about your team again..........

I would have never said this before. But after listening to you people ***** and moan about stupid ****.. It's ridiculous....

You people don't watch the same games apparently!!!!!!

When the Leafs **** up.. I say the leafs **** up..... when They take stupid Penalties.. I say they take stupid Penalties..

Now when theres McMagoooooo how ****s up calls.. Everyone says He did!!!

In this years playoffs (Not just this series) The refs have been ****. Period end of Story!!!!!

You guys deserved to win Game 4 good luck in the future....

GO LEAFS GO

Old
04-15-2004, 03:50 PM
TexSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps
I can't wait to see Belak in the game... Put some Sens players out of action with good clean hits...

I would have never said this before. But after listening to you people ***** and moan about stupid ****.. It's ridiculous....

When the Leafs **** up.. I say the leafs **** up..... when They take stupid Penalties.. I say they take stupid Penalties..

In this years playoffs (Not just this series) The refs have been ****. Period end of Story!!!!!

GO LEAFS GO
Ummmmmm, thanks........I think?

Old
04-15-2004, 03:56 PM
GoethesGouda

Quote:

LOL! I hope Belak is in the lineup. Renberg, Berg, Belak, Reichel, Andropov, Pony... give those guys lots of ice time.

Why isn't Stajan playing? Is he hurt?

Old
04-15-2004, 04:18 PM
Poikilitic

Quote:
Let them whine. It's what they do as Leaf fans.
well at least we are not savages that make effigies of leaf players and hit them with baseball bats and cars. May I remind you that this is Canada and not Iraq.

Old
04-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Hossa

Knock off the personal attacks or else this thread gets the boot. Attacking a group of fans is unacceptable just as if you were attacking a poster in particular.

Old
04-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Don Draper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSen
Ummmmmm, thanks........I think?
hahaha, that made me laugh, because i was thinking the same thing. Too many ***** to understand what was being said

Old
04-15-2004, 05:04 PM
HF2002

Quote:

GO LEAFS GO

Go Leafs Go? No way! Not on this board! Go Sens Go! GO SENS GO!!!

Blame the refs all you want. It doesn't change a thing. Ottawa gets the same refs as toronto does. Have the leafs not traditionally been one of the most penalized teams over the last few years? Why is it that it's the refs who are screwing over the leafs again? It certainly couldn't be that Ottawa is playing better than Toronto, could it?

End of story? We wish. If toronto goes on to win this series all we'll hear is that toronto won despite refs who were biased against them, and that once again the Sens are a bunch of weak Euros whi'll never win anything.

If Ottawa goes on to win the series, it will always be the series the "refs played for Ottawa".

Anway, instead of blaming the refs, take a look at how many goals the leafs have scored in 4 games. It's 7. Ottawa has 8 goals, but they've been shut out 2 times.

BTW, when you say that everyone said that McGeough effed up calls all night, are you referring to Don Cherry or MOJO radio? Or both?

Old
04-15-2004, 05:08 PM
WildWestSen

Yes, reffing conspiracies have always been something of a passtime in Toronto, haven't they? If the refs call the game closely like it was called yesterday, they're going to do their best to call the penalties no matter which team they are against. Traditionally, Toronto has taken a lot of stupid penalties against the Sens, therefore they may see more time in the box then the Sens if they continue their usual style. Just common sense.

Old
04-15-2004, 05:21 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestSen
Yes, reffing conspiracies have always been something of a passtime in Toronto, haven't they? If the refs call the game closely like it was called yesterday, they're going to do their best to call the penalties no matter which team they are against. Traditionally, Toronto has taken a lot of stupid penalties against the Sens, therefore they may see more time in the box then the Sens if they continue their usual style. Just common sense.

On top of that, Ottawa's scored one PP goal last night. The PP came from the high stick that Antropov laid on White.

Old
04-15-2004, 05:41 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 830
We just got the bounces our way last night, That's the difference.. We also did a better job of passing and screening Ed Belfour..

Closed Thread