HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bulletin board material from Barry Melrose

Old
01-28-2008, 11:35 PM
Smashley

vCash: 500
Well if we ever don't agree with something he says, I've met his son and know where he works.

An F.Y.E about an hr from here. Pitch Forks & Torches caravan on stand by, whose with me?!

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2008, 11:51 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Well, I can't disagree with Melrose. But this team struggled in the first half of last season and look what happened. I have faith the 2nd half is going to go alot better.

And besides, Cris Collinsworth said the Giants would miss the playoffs prior to Week 15. How'd that go?

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
zacn in the post above pretty much echoes my sentiments...Melrose is as vapid an empty suit as there is, so why even bother putting any stock in anything he has to say..."the Rangers under-achieved"...wow, there's some in-depth observations from someone who continues to show why no organization in their right mind would ever give him another coaching job in the NHL. And, you know what, statements like "if the Rangers play like they did in the first half, they won't make the playoffs" aren't really showing anything insightful either. Here, O can play, too. "if the Rangers lose all their games, they won't make the playoffs." Make me an analyst.
"PMS, its not just for women."

lol, jk, me and jas are buds, he knows im kidding

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Gardner McKay
The NYR get...

vCash: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacn View Post
Yeah, well if you look at Melrose's Rangers predictions over the last two years, you'll see that the guy is wrong 100% of the time. I can start after the lockout when he said they would be in the cellar all year and that they couldn't rely on Lundqvist to be a number one goalie, but more recently he started last year by saying the Rangers would be tops in the league. Half way through the year after he clearly got caught up in the hype and the Rangers were tanking, the way he spoke about them made you think they were the worst team ever to lace up skates (and he made it seem like this was no surprise and that he had always thought this). Around the trade deadline he made another statement about how there was NO WAY they'd make the playoffs.

Basically, I think he just looks at the last 15 games and makes his team predictions without digging much deeper than that. I take more stock in a grain of salt than I do in how he thinks the Rangers are going to end up and the grain of salt says things could turn around yet. Saying the Rangers aren't playing their best hockey is like telling someone standing in the rain that they are getting wet...pretty obvious, but it doesn't mean they're doomed.

Which sucks for us because he predicted a cup

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Gardner McKay
The NYR get...

vCash: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
And yet, they are tied for the last playoff spot.
I dont understand how you can be so stupidly optimistic. There is to much wrong with this team.

You have the giant distraction in Marek Malik (pardon the pun)

A coach who the players dont bother with any more.

A miserable power play.

45+ games into the season and we still cant figure out line combo's.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
"I think the Rangers won't make it. Isn't it the Tin Man that had no heart in the "Wizard of Oz?" That's the Blueshirts right now. They are playing with no passion; it looks like work for them. Compare that to the play of the Islanders, who look like the better team right now, and it's will beats skill."
Melrose is a stooge but what he says isn't far from the truth. He just wants to light a fire under their ass because he picked the Rangers to play for the Cup this year. A ridiculous prediction if you ask me.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 02:53 PM
94now

He is absolutely right. So what? Our youngsters play with heart: Dubi, Staal, etc. The veterans know that heart can get you only that far...It is a game. It's a long season. Things will change. No one remember how crappy the last season was. Jagr had one arm Lundy sucked up to Jan. Ozolinch and Malik were our best Ds. Rozy was so-so. Shanahan got knocked out. Heart-Schmeart...

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 02:58 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
"PMS, its not just for women."

lol, jk, me and jas are buds, he knows im kidding
http://www.imgag.com/product/preview...m=&NameFirstTo

Ever see this one?

Its so true. lol

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Grats Melrose on his ability to state the obvious. He gets paid for this stuff?

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 04:37 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

F Barry Melrose & the Ice-Landers. Were making the playoffs, and going deep!

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 04:38 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
If there was ever bulletin board material for the Rangers it is this. (Even though Melrose is right). Any of the guys read these boards?

"I think the Rangers won't make it. Isn't it the Tin Man that had no heart in the "Wizard of Oz?" That's the Blueshirts right now. They are playing with no passion; it looks like work for them. Compare that to the play of the Islanders, who look like the better team right now, and it's will beats skill."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3218474
This year's experiment hasn't worked. Trade Jagr now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
F Barry Melrose & the Ice-Landers. Were making the playoffs, and going deep!
wake up....i think you dozed off.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2008, 04:58 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

this team put together a nice run from the end of oct to the beginning of dec.....

how quick everyone forgets......it can be done again...and sustained...

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 11:12 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
this team put together a nice run from the end of oct to the beginning of dec.....

how quick everyone forgets......it can be done again...and sustained...
+1, it can it will be done. I have never seen so many fans hate the team they so call love. BELIEVE..

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
+1, it can it will be done. I have never seen so many fans hate the team they so call love. BELIEVE..
We're you here on these boards from 98-2005?

We put a 'nice run' together almost all those years too.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 12:23 AM
blandBob

Of course he's right,he's dead right. There is always a place, and a need for analysis. The general statement that they play like they don't care is quite fair, in fact there is more evidence to back up that statement than a lot of the guessing, line juggling and player pairing navel-gazing I have read on this board. Call his observation high level, not in-depth, fair enough. It still is extremely true and if you miss that, you might as well miss it all. Maybe Renney should try a new approach - hypnotize some of them (we know who we're talking about, don't we,nudge nudge) get them to believe they are 18 years old, better yet 15 years old, and tell them to get out on the rink and smoke the other team, grind them to bits, tell them the other guys called them ****, I don't know, sounds like it could work with this bunch. Play like you hate the other guys and your team is the Charlestown Chiefs. Other teams, including the Isles do it all the time, pretty much every night. Watch any team worth watching - same deal. What's wrong with this team, where's the personality? Geez, the NHL has got kind of boring but I thought the Rangers would be invigorated this year. *****!
---------------------
Fire Renney

Last edited by blandBob: 01-31-2008 at 12:27 AM. Reason: oops, forgot to say 'Fire Renney', sorry
blandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 12:29 PM
HockeyBurd*

On the bright side, virtually all of Melroses Predictions go the other way.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote