HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Predators vs. Columbus 7:00 CST 1/31/08

Old
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
GDT: Predators vs. Columbus 7:00 CST 1/31/08

vs.

January 31st, 2008
7:00 CST
Sommet Center
Nashville, TN

Discuss!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 05:48 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Leclaire vs. Mason tonight, or does Ellis get another start?

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 07:34 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Dumont playing awesome again with 2 assists. Radulov and Arnott with goals. The Radulov/Dumont/Arnott line is on fire right now.

The BJacket announcers are now saying how they always get bad calls in Nashville's building . Unfortunately, this will probably be the theme for the rest of the game.

01-31-2008, 07:36 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Dumont playing awesome again with 2 assists. Radulov and Arnott with goals. The Radulov/Dumont/Arnott line is on fire right now.

The BJacket announcers are now saying how they always get bad calls in Nashville's building . Unfortunately, this will probably be the theme for the rest of the game.
I think they're the worst announcers on Center Ice ALONG with Florida's & Calgary

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 07:39 PM
dru
Jarmo Unchained

Send a message via AIM to dru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
I think they're the worst announcers on Center Ice ALONG with Florida's & Calgary
Have you heard your own announcers ever? They're the biggest homers in the league! LULZ

dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru View Post
Have you heard your own announcers ever? They're the biggest homers in the league! LULZ
actually I have ... and I wouldn't put them in the top 10 or top 15 ... I think Drew Remenda is one of the better if not best Color guys in the league & I believe Joe Benanati is the best PBP guy in the league ... oh btw ... what is it now ... 0 for 11 vs the SEC in Bowl Games for the *uckeyes ... thank you come again

Old
01-31-2008, 08:08 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
Florida? How can you not love Denis Potvin, he's like that crazy uncle that every family has.

mikefavata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 08:15 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Fiddler scores on supposedly one of the best goalies in the league

Old
01-31-2008, 08:24 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Nichol worked his butt off, and scores on Leclaire. Way to take the momentum away from the Jackets Scott!

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 08:39 PM
hawks35

Hey there...I was just wondering if someone can tell me why Koistinen was scratched tonight? I thought he was playing well as of late? Was it a healthy scratch or is he hurt/sick?

Thanks for any help

hawks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 08:58 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

The Jackets announcers trying to convince me that Legwand somehow deserved a penalty there.....well it was just classic. I knew there was a reason I muted the game for the past 30 minutes of game play....

Old
01-31-2008, 10:41 PM
lugnut76

Hands down, the CBJ announce team is the biggest idiot homer combination I have ever heard. Beginning of third they complain about getting the short end of the stick. Also, thanks for blowing the lid off the Foote versus Preds at home conspiracy. I'm sure Oliver Stone will be calling soon.

Last edited by lugnut76: 01-31-2008 at 10:59 PM.
lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Jarnberg

Weird game. We scored huge goals to take any of Columbus' momentum after they scored. And from Fiddler and Nichol.

Arnott was having a solid game until he went down. According to Trotz in his post game comments, it was precautionary and he is probable for Saturday night's huge game with Phoenix.

It wasn't the prettiest game, but we'll take it. I guess its time to start another streak!

Congrats to Radulov on getting yet another goal. 5 game goal streak with 6 goals. Speaking of streaks... Dumont extends his point streak to 16 games!

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Paincakes

J.P. mother****ing Dumont sweet 16!

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 11:30 PM
Jarnberg

Btw.. Zherdev is a beast out there.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:33 AM
dulzhok

Preds now sit in the 8th spot.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 07:46 AM
RollingPredFan

Well thankfully I didn't have to watch the blue jacket broadcast it sounds like.

Radulov just looks better and better. I guess it helps when he's on the top line getting plenty of minutes lol.. Dumont continues his great play and hopefully Arnott is not hurt bad. Fiddler actually made a great shot! And Nichol, although he can get us into trouble, has had a really solid year.

I have to say Mase makes me nervous, those were 2 bad goals. I know we want him to be number one, but I hope we don't blow our playoff chances because of it. Ellis has had the better numbers and hasn't let in as many softies. Well just hopefully Mase gets it together.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 11:57 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
1. Our announcers are very entertaining to watch on a tv broadcast but are hands down the worst in the league if you are trying to follow the game on the radio. That being said, the CBJ guys sure can be whiners.

2. Go to your media guide, look at the CBJ stats, run your finger down the goals scored column. One 2 players are in the double digits - Nash and Zherdev. The game plan should be simple - cover those 2 guys and you should win the game. Their place in the standings is a testament to their D/goaltending so it was good to see us fill the net behind Leclaire last night.

3. Foote is supposed to be the captain but he seems more like a liability every time I watch the Jackets play. Id be fed up with him if I were a fan.

4. Hordichuk may be half demented. Did you see his evil grin the whole time he was sitting in the box after his fight? You gotta love that guy.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 01:34 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
3. Foote is supposed to be the captain but he seems more like a liability every time I watch the Jackets play. Id be fed up with him if I were a fan.

4. Hordichuk may be half demented. Did you see his evil grin the whole time he was sitting in the box after his fight? You gotta love that guy.
Foote always seems to do something to put his team at a disadvantage when he plays here. I don't recall him doing that in Columbus, only here.

But at the same time, that's another Captain of a team that gets a penalty for arguing a call. Arnott got a penalty that lead to a 5on3 in Boston and Foote got one here to put his team down. It seems like refs are going on power trips and taking teams out of games.

Hordichuk is great. He was at Walmart in Hendersonville and everyone kept asking if he got those scars from that fight and he proudly showed off his knuckles.

Good job by the Preds to respond after the CBJ goals. Totally took any momentum they had away and put us back in control.

Nice goal by Radulov. That line is really clicking. I just hope Arnott is able to come back Saturday.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
Well thankfully I didn't have to watch the blue jacket broadcast it sounds like.

Radulov just looks better and better. I guess it helps when he's on the top line getting plenty of minutes lol.. Dumont continues his great play and hopefully Arnott is not hurt bad. Fiddler actually made a great shot! And Nichol, although he can get us into trouble, has had a really solid year.

I have to say Mase makes me nervous, those were 2 bad goals. I know we want him to be number one, but I hope we don't blow our playoff chances because of it. Ellis has had the better numbers and hasn't let in as many softies. Well just hopefully Mase gets it together.
I believe he had less than 15 minutes actually. Trotz is still extremely careful in the time he gives Radulov.