HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toskalas value?

Old
01-31-2008, 04:36 PM
pspot

vCash: 500
Toskalas value?

With all the talk about the Leafs rebuilding I don't think I have ever seen his named mentioned

IMO he is one of their most valuable assets, he is still a legit starting goalie and could really help anyteam who needs a goalie.

I guess he's not mentioned because they just dealt for him and if they did deal him they would have no goalie but if they are really going to blow it up he should be included in that group.

You could probably get a decent return on him and then just turn around and sign a FA goalie in the offseason to set up transitioning Pogge in

so what do you think

should he be dealt?
whats he worth?
who would want him?

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
See, there's a reason he's never mentioned, because he's the only thing holding the Leafs above water. No one would deal him. Most teams have a decent #1 this year. Next year? Not so much.

List of teams that could use a new #1 next season:
Washington: Kolzig? Might stay, might go, I haven't seen any news about him lately.
Tampa Bay: Yahoo! has a rumour that Tampa needs a true #1 for next season. Ramo won't cut it, Holmqvist has been very streaky all year.
Los Angeles: They are in dire need of a great #1 to help prop up this team. See what Bryz did in Phoenix?

All three teams have picks and prospects to trade, but do they want to give them up for a stopgap goalie?

I don't think Toskala will be traded, he's only 30 and has a few good years left. If anyone is going to be traded, it will Andrew Raycroft.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 05:15 PM
pspot

Its that he has value and if they don't care how many games they win this year then he should be moved

as for other teams I was thinking Pitt or to a lesser extent Carolina

Ward is a solid young goalie and most likely as early as next year he should be the everday guy, but their GA this year has been awful and if they just improved that the Hurricans would be a really good team

Pitt I think Fleury is in big trouble and I don't think another young guy or Conklin is the answer, if they added Toskala they would be a much improved team

Old
01-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Fleury is injured, Conks has been doing a good job, the only reason they're losing is because Sidney is out. They're beaten up.

Carolina needs defense, not goalies.

Toskala is not going anywhere.

Old
01-31-2008, 05:28 PM
pspot

I could see Colorado using him as well

I'm not so sure doesn't get moved, maybe your right and it might happen in the offseason but for me it just seems like a waste to have him finish out with the Leafs

Old
01-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

He won't go to a playoff contender, if thats what you mean. Colorado has Budaj, who is only 25 and has years go to in terms of development and hasn't even reached his prime. They also have Theodore, who, from what I've read here, isn't very popular, but he's a good veteran presence to have.

No, he's not going anywhere.

Old
01-31-2008, 05:34 PM
thomascal377

why on earth would you ever trade him?

hes proven time and time again to be a great goaltender
and could really help in the development of pogge.
plus, if pogge is a bust you still have him

buuuut, colorado would (or at least i would) love to have him

thomascal377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:11 PM
xbr

He isn't going to be traded. I mean for Christ sakes do you want to throw Pogge out there behind that defensive system. It won't be pretty.

xbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Ten

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Gill View Post
He isn't going to be traded. I mean for Christ sakes do you want to throw Pogge out there behind that defensive system. It won't be pretty.
We've got Raycroft for that

You have to listen for potential offers for him at this stage, if we're gonna rebuild properly we don't need him and he would bring in more than what we traded for him now.

I think fans who support "the tank" don't realize that we're going to be crap for a few years, this isn't just a one season deal...

Ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:49 PM
Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftindust View Post
You have to listen for potential offers for him at this stage, if we're gonna rebuild properly we don't need him and he would bring in more than what we traded for him now.

I think fans who support "the tank" don't realize that we're going to be crap for a few years, this isn't just a one season deal...
Sure but if you trade Toskala what are the Leafs going to build around? At some point the kids that Toronto wants to inject into the system are going to have to learn to play in the bigs, and that means that they'll need an environment where every little mistake they make doesn't end up in the back of the net.

Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 09:17 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascal377 View Post
why on earth would you ever trade him?

hes proven time and time again to be a great goaltender
and could really help in the development of pogge.
plus, if pogge is a bust you still have him

buuuut, colorado would (or at least i would) love to have him
It speeds up the rebuild, and can ensure a better shot at Tavares next season.

...Leafs trade Sundin, Kubina, Tucker/Blake, Poni AND Toskala this deadline ...end up with a top 3 pick, then at the draft trade Kaberle for #1 overall (he loses his NTC when the Leafs miss the playoffs)

Next season (with or without Sundin) we'll have a much younger team that will not be ready to compete, with Poggie backing up Raycroft. ...SO, we'd have a great shot at Tavares, and then can be a solid team again by 2010!

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote