HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit proposal

Old
02-01-2008, 11:32 AM
arin1

vCash: 500
Detroit proposal

The Preds are obviously pretty stacked at D and Wings would be looking for a good, defensively-sound defensemen for the playoffs. Another forward to produce some secondary scoring would be sought after too(Erat, Dumont, Arnott?). So, what do you guys think?

I think I'd be most interested in Zanon & Erat... What would it cost? Wings have a good blue chipper in Kindl that could possibly be traded.

arin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by arin1 View Post
The Preds are obviously pretty stacked at D and Wings would be looking for a good, defensively-sound defensemen for the playoffs. Another forward to produce some secondary scoring would be sought after too(Erat, Dumont, Arnott?). So, what do you guys think?

I think I'd be most interested in Zanon & Erat... What would it cost? Wings have a good blue chipper in Kindl that could possibly be traded.
I'm trying to remember the last time the Preds traded inside the division ... I personally think that's career suicide

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 11:39 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
I'm trying to remember the last time the Preds traded inside the division ... I personally think that's career suicide
I believe it was Sillinger for Shishkanov and a second.

I don't see Erat or Zanon being traded, though..and especially not for prospects.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I believe it was Sillinger for Shishkanov and a second.

I don't see Erat or Zanon being traded, though..and especially not for prospects.
You're correct ... I forgot to interject quality for quality into my statement (shishkanov isn't quality) ... and Sillinger was a traveling salesman ... my bad ... where's the smacking forehead smiley when you need it ?

Old
02-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Jarnberg

Although it was a while ago, Sullivan for picks a few years ago...

I cannot see us trading Zanon. He's cheap and fills a niche. He still gets caught out of position trying to block shots every now and then, but he's still a servicable 7th defensemen. Not to mention, given his play, his trade value is lower then what he is worth to us.

I could see Erat traded, but I doubt its in the division.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Although it was a while ago, Sullivan for picks a few years ago...

I cannot see us trading Zanon. He's cheap and fills a niche. He still gets caught out of position trying to block shots every now and then, but he's still a servicable 7th defensemen. Not to mention, given his play, his trade value is lower then what he is worth to us.

I could see Erat traded, but I doubt its in the division.
looking back on that deal ... I think that deal is becoming more and more a wash the more games that Sullivan misses

Old
02-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
looking back on that deal ... I think that deal is becoming more and more a wash the more games that Sullivan misses
While his injury has been disappointing, his play down the stretch and the team's surge to finally make the playoffs was absolutely huge. It turned our franchise for the better. The lockout followed that season, I can't imagine how it would have been to not have at least made the playoffs by then. While the lockout killed alot of momentum, I can't imagine how it would have been without making the playoffs.

I think for the bang we got with Sullivan and how his play helped attract more players here, I think it was worth it. Even if he's injured now.

Old
02-01-2008, 12:13 PM
solo16

Quote:
I dunno Chicago has built a team trading with Detroit and taking our scraps.

Lang
Sopel
Williams
Lapointe

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo16 View Post
I dunno Chicago has built a team trading with Detroit and taking our scraps.

Lang
Sopel
Williams
Lapointe
Actually Lang, Sopel and Lapointe were all UFA signings by Chicago.

Old
02-01-2008, 12:30 PM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Actually Lang, Sopel and Lapointe were all UFA signings by Chicago.
I know (it wasnt the strongest point). We traded Williams and Sopel was stolen. But the organizations are not shy about working together and or stealing each others talent.

Just wanted to use them for refenence.

Granted I think nashville has the sense to stay away from players like Lang and Lapointe. Sopel wasnt half bad though. Williams is i dunno Williams.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:39 PM
cmccallum

Erat is a Michigan native but , i don't think the Wings would pay em what Nashville is. Sullivan Available? i still believe he's hurt or hasn't played this year tho. Dumont may fit but, it comes down to the system. Rumor is Wings are looking into d-men IE: Blake , Jackman , Foote Maybe?..

Link about it from Wings Board: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...8#post12294768

cmccallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 12:59 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus the destroyer View Post
Erat is a Michigan native but , i don't think the Wings would pay em what Nashville is. Sullivan Available? i still believe he's hurt or hasn't played this year tho. Dumont may fit but, it comes down to the system. Rumor is Wings are looking into d-men IE: Blake , Jackman , Foote Maybe?..

Link about it from Wings Board: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...8#post12294768

only if he is from a town called Michigan, Czech Republic.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus the destroyer View Post

Erat is from the Czech Republic. Sullivan might be available, but he also might not play ever again.

Dumont might fit for the Wings, but I seriously doubt the Predators would trade him after just signing him to a long term deal.

The only veteran defensemen we have available is de Vries, but I don't think we'd trade him unless we were out of the playoff hunt.

Old
02-01-2008, 04:33 PM
dulzhok

Makes no sense to trade these guys to Detroit. None at all.

We should not trade Erat. He's RFA, but has little chance of getting a big offer sheet. He was hovering a ppg before his injury and had looked to turn the corner into a 1st liner. Injuries seems to have set him back a little (also Radu was moved to first line in his place). We should be able to sign him at a nice rate for a top 6 winger going into his prime. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a 6 year, 20 million contract or something.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I doubt we will trade with the Wings while being in playoff contention. If we were in 5th in the division, things change.

Shishkanov for Sillinger was 1 for 1.

The Sullivan trade was definitely worth the two 2nd round picks...

02-01-2008, 06:52 PM
FissionFire

If Ken Holland put Jakub Kindl on the table for Greg Zanon, you should run your GM out of town if he turns it down.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
If Ken Holland put Jakub Kindl on the table for Greg Zanon, you should run your GM out of town if he turns it down.
I would make that trade, but I can't see Holland offering it. Zanon is a shot-blocker with a ton of heart. Unfortunately, the all out nature of his shot-blocking makes him a liability quite often on the PK....especially on a 5 on 3.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2008, 10:20 PM
braindead

No wonder Erat has that accent-- he's from Michigan. This trade is way off from Pred's perspective as Erat and Zanon are very low on the list of "likely to be traded" and the Pred's are in the hunt for the playoffs and it's not likely that they would trade with Detroit at this particular time (ala Chicago and St Louis that did inner-division trade when they were VERY down and out).

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote