HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Last Call for the Bandwagon

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2004, 01:10 AM
Don Draper

vCash: 500
Last Call for the Bandwagon

well, its 2-2 in the series now, and we are playing some great hockey right now. I say people back up the team now or dont come back later. The back and forth attitude of some people here during this series, and really over the past month has been extremely tiresome. The goaltending questions have been answered in the playoffs, the effort questions have been answered, and the toughness questions have been answered. If you dont like the chances right now, after seeing our team play 4 of its most consistant games of the seasons, than i dont really know what you are waiting for. This team deserves alot more than it is getting from its fans right now, so either step up, and back your team, or step down and cheer for someone else. No more second guessing, its rediculous that its still going on at this part of the season.

Old
04-15-2004, 08:52 AM
o-dog

Hear, hear. Sick of all the pessimism around this team every year. Every single loss is usually translated into "Fire Martin", or "get a goalie"

Win or lose, I'm screaming for the Sens every game. This team is awesome and you know that every year they've learned more and more about playoff hockey. Even if they lose tomorrow, it still isn't over as they are more than capable of winning the last 2 games. Hopefully, it doesn't go that far

Regardless of what anyone outside Leaf Nation believes, the Sens are a better team...even with Lalime. Let's go SENATORS!!!

Old
04-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Hossa

I dare you to find a post of mine this year where I'm even close to counting the Sens out.

In all seriousness, the bandwagon is defenitely in good shape and it's great. It's a better atmosphere when we're in good shape and makes my job as a mod all that much easier.

What's it like in the city right now?

Old
04-15-2004, 01:27 PM
Don Draper

i wish i knew right now. I am stuck listening to game day radio. I am living in the heart of leaf nation right now, and i see alot of worried faces right now!

Old
04-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M. Fletcher
i wish i knew right now. I am stuck listening to game day radio. I am living in the heart of leaf nation right now, and i see alot of worried faces right now!
Hey, all the sweeter to be in Leaf Nation If this series goes our way. It's still 2-2, so lets not get too cocky.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:35 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I think I might start a Peter Schaefer Fan Club, I love how he's set the tone this series.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:43 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
well, its 2-2 in the series now, and we are playing some great hockey right now. I say people back up the team now or dont come back later. The back and forth attitude of some people here during this series, and really over the past month has been extremely tiresome. The goaltending questions have been answered in the playoffs, the effort questions have been answered, and the toughness questions have been answered. If you dont like the chances right now, after seeing our team play 4 of its most consistant games of the seasons, than i dont really know what you are waiting for. This team deserves alot more than it is getting from its fans right now, so either step up, and back your team, or step down and cheer for someone else. No more second guessing, its rediculous that its still going on at this part of the season.
I think what you're forgetting is that it's probably not a back and forth so much as it is certain fans opening their mouths at certain occasions but keeping them closed during others. When the team plays poorly, fans who saw certain players not play well will voice their opinions about it and say "I told you we should have done this". When the team plays well, fans who think that the right ingredients are in place will voice their opinions and say "See! We don't need any changes.. we just need to keep working hard like we have all year."

Although I'm sure there are a few fans who did flip-flop during the playoffs, I don't think it's as many as you might think.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Don Draper

Has there been any senator that you have been disappointed in so far this series? With the possible exception of bondra, who still doesnt seem to have gotten over the bad back, i think everyone has brought their game to the playoff level. Fisher Shaeffer and Neil have been everywhere, you cant go half a shift without one of them punishing someone along the boards. Shaeff has really found his role on this team. He doesnt have to do all the stupid dances with the puck, he just has to get it in deep and forecheck like crazy. they have to keep fish and shaeff together though, they have been dynamite

Old
04-15-2004, 01:46 PM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
I think I might start a Peter Schaefer Fan Club, I love how he's set the tone this series.
Yeah.. I have to admit, this guy is a real spark plug for the Sens. I hadn't seen him play much last year (did he?) but from what I've seen this year, he looks to have set a role for himself in this club. He's got a pretty decent shot and a knack for scoring and loves to go in the corners and punish all players just as equally. Of course, that probably means he'll be a likely candidate to be injured for a few games each year because of this style of play but I would take him in Montreal any day. Reminds me of Steve Begin but with a much better scoring touch.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Hossa

Quote:
Has there been any senator that you have been disappointed in so far this series? With the possible exception of bondra, who still doesnt seem to have gotten over the bad back, i think everyone has brought their game to the playoff level. Fisher Shaeffer and Neil have been everywhere, you cant go half a shift without one of them punishing someone along the boards. Shaeff has really found his role on this team. He doesnt have to do all the stupid dances with the puck, he just has to get it in deep and forecheck like crazy. they have to keep fish and shaeff together though, they have been dynamite
It's true. Bondra and maybe Smoke and Bonk aside, everybody's playing well. Heck, I was even impressed with de Vries last night. I like Leschyshyn and de Vries a lot more than Volchenkov and de Vries.

Schaefer and Fisher are unbelieavable. When they are killing penalties together, it's lights out for the Leafs PP. Schaefer controls the puck incredibly well down low, and Fisher's contributions are all over the ice. That diving play to stop Leetch's pass was fantastic. Nobody can doubt the Senators have the grit and heart right now. This team is really starting to remind me of the Avalanche team that first won in 1996. Very similar make-up up front, although we aren't quite as top-end talented, but defenitely more depth, but great third and fourth liners and of course guys like Hossa, Alfie and Havlat as our key offensive players. I'm quite impressed.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Don Draper

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77
I think what you're forgetting is that it's probably not a back and forth so much as it is certain fans opening their mouths at certain occasions but keeping them closed during others. When the team plays poorly, fans who saw certain players not play well will voice their opinions about it and say "I told you we should have done this". When the team plays well, fans who think that the right ingredients are in place will voice their opinions and say "See! We don't need any changes.. we just need to keep working hard like we have all year."

Although I'm sure there are a few fans who did flip-flop during the playoffs, I don't think it's as many as you might think.
fair enough, although, if you listened to the way they talk on the call in shows, i was surprised to know that we didnt lose the series before it began. Not that it matters though, i mean, the people on this board are generally more knowledgable than even the hosts of these talk shows, let alone the callers.

Old
04-15-2004, 02:18 PM
The Hamburglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa
It's true. Bondra and maybe Smoke and Bonk aside, everybody's playing well. Heck, I was even impressed with de Vries last night. I like Leschyshyn and de Vries a lot more than Volchenkov and de Vries.
I'd just leave it at Bondra and Bonk, even though Bondra did a bit better last night. Smoke on the other hand has been winning a lot of faceoffs for us quietly. He can also read the play well.

Old
04-15-2004, 03:07 PM
TexSen

I've had my moments of frustration and doubt, but the Sens car flag hasn't come down yet. (Note to guys: Best ice breaker in the world has been that flag. I'm in South Texas so no one knows what it is but everyone wants to ask about it. Chicks dig it too!)

Old
04-15-2004, 03:36 PM
Murphy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSen
Chicks dig it too
LOL! There's a guy here in Ottawa who takes the bus to go to the games and has a jersey that says 69 Chicks dig it

Old
04-15-2004, 10:31 PM
TheBrew

Lets Go Sens. good luck from me and most sensible hockey fans beat up on them Leafs!!!!

Old
04-15-2004, 11:40 PM
16w

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSen
I've had my moments of frustration and doubt, but the Sens car flag hasn't come down yet. (Note to guys: Best ice breaker in the world has been that flag. I'm in South Texas so no one knows what it is but everyone wants to ask about it. Chicks dig it too!)
i have 8 flags now

all of them will be on for sundays game

Old
04-15-2004, 11:46 PM
The Hamburglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16w
i have 8 flags now

all of them will be on for sundays game
Grrr you better not be the guy who steals mine. I've bought two so far and both have been stolen! :mad:

Closed Thread