HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton, Cincinnati Thread, Part III

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2008, 10:45 PM
  #51
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
1 g 2 a for locke in the all-star game, poor kid, i hope he gets a shot one day somewhere even if it isn't with the habs.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline  
Old
01-28-2008, 10:49 PM
  #52
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,342
vCash: 500
Too bad for Locke, but he'll end up there:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/players/onegamewonder.html

LeMAD is offline  
Old
01-28-2008, 11:10 PM
  #53
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Too bad for Locke, but he'll end up there:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/players/onegamewonder.html
That's so mean..

Chomsky is offline  
Old
01-30-2008, 03:39 AM
  #54
Sthabs
Registered User
 
Sthabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,777
vCash: 500
Don Cherry D 02/05/1934 Kingston, ONT 1954-1955

Sthabs is offline  
Old
01-30-2008, 11:05 AM
  #55
Luigi#17
Registered User
 
Luigi#17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pardubice
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 284
vCash: 500
Is it clear when will Grabovski return on the ice?

Luigi#17 is offline  
Old
01-30-2008, 04:51 PM
  #56
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue
 
Stanley Foobrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fooville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Too bad for Locke, but he'll end up there:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/players/onegamewonder.html

They must only update this list once a year. Goaltender Dan Ellis, who played for the Bulldogs, has played at least 20 games with the Predators this season is on the list.

Stanley Foobrick is online now  
Old
01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
  #57
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue
 
Stanley Foobrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fooville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
Don Cherry D 02/05/1934 Kingston, ONT 1954-1955

I'm gonna guess that that's one more game than you played

Stanley Foobrick is online now  
Old
01-30-2008, 05:53 PM
  #58
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sthabs View Post
Don Cherry D 02/05/1934 Kingston, ONT 1954-1955
Is this the real one, 'cause they list him at 5'11... now THAT's funny!

MTL-rules is offline  
Old
01-30-2008, 06:06 PM
  #59
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
They must only update this list once a year. Goaltender Dan Ellis, who played for the Bulldogs, has played at least 20 games with the Predators this season is on the list.
Yeah, why losing your time to put a guy at the start of the season to have to remove him when he plays his second game at the mid/end of the season...

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is online now  
Old
01-30-2008, 07:53 PM
  #60
Mtl6
Registered User
 
Mtl6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Funny, Alexandre Dulac-Lemelin, one of the guys habs picked in 2004 is playing his first ECHL game tonight with the Cyclones. I always wondered what happened with him because he signed with the Bulldogs prior to the 2006-2007 season for two years just like Jon Gleed and he just disapeared and never played for them. Somebody knows why he is back now?

http://echl.leaguestat.com/stats/gam...p?game_id=4523

Mtl6 is offline  
Old
01-30-2008, 08:02 PM
  #61
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
I always wondered what happened with him because he signed with the Bulldogs prior to the 2006-2007 season for two years just like Jon Gleed and he just disapeared and never played for them. Somebody knows why he is back now?
After signing with Hamilton he said he didn't want to play pro anymore and got home to play for the local junior AA team with his brother and friends.

habsprospects is online now  
Old
01-30-2008, 08:27 PM
  #62
Mtl6
Registered User
 
Mtl6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
After signing with Hamilton he said he didn't want to play pro anymore and got home to play for the local junior AA team with his brother and friends.
oh thanks, I'm glad to finally know.

Would you happen to know what happened with Mark Flood (2003 draft) and why he didn't sign with us?

Mtl6 is offline  
Old
01-30-2008, 08:44 PM
  #63
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtl6 View Post
oh thanks, I'm glad to finally know.

Would you happen to know what happened with Mark Flood (2003 draft) and why he didn't sign with us?
I think he just refused to sign with the Habs...

habsprospects is online now  
Old
01-31-2008, 07:31 AM
  #64
Cincinnati Hab
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Country: United States
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Cincinnati wins again; this team is really on a roll. Attendance has been up a bit too, though wasn't too hot last night. If the Enquirer would start giving more than a one paragraph blurb on the inside of the sports section, people might become aware of the team. Half the time when I wear my Cyclones gear, people ask me when we will get a team again. Yikes!

Cincinnati Hab is offline  
Old
01-31-2008, 08:15 AM
  #65
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Hab View Post
Cincinnati wins again; this team is really on a roll. Attendance has been up a bit too, though wasn't too hot last night. If the Enquirer would start giving more than a one paragraph blurb on the inside of the sports section, people might become aware of the team. Half the time when I wear my Cyclones gear, people ask me when we will get a team again. Yikes!
Reason why they had to drop the ticket prices? 10$ per ticket to go see a winning and what looks like an interesting to watch shouldn't be too tough to fill this building up. But that's the problem in being affiliated with 4 teams.....you keep losing and adding players making it more difficult for fans to have some kind of bound with the team.

They are still winning though....Good old frenchies still on board and doing well!!!!

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
01-31-2008, 08:32 AM
  #66
Cincinnati Hab
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Country: United States
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Reason why they had to drop the ticket prices? 10$ per ticket to go see a winning and what looks like an interesting to watch shouldn't be too tough to fill this building up. But that's the problem in being affiliated with 4 teams.....you keep losing and adding players making it more difficult for fans to have some kind of bound with the team.

They are still winning though....Good old frenchies still on board and doing well!!!!
I think a big part of the problem is location. Many people here are not fond of US Bank Arena and/or have an irrational fear of "the city." I have friends who think they will be assaulted if the attend a play, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra concert, Reds game, Cyclones game, etc. in the City of Cincinnati. I have been a season ticket holder to all of the aforementioned and have not once been accosted...they say I'm just lucky to keep justifying their opinions!

The core fan base around here should be in the hockey playing families of the more affluent suburbs, and I think that hurts a lot (see above). I teach several VERY good junior players who had never went to a game until I gave them my tickets one night last year! Another problem is that the working class making up the rest of the potential fan base buys into sports talk radio's garbage about hockey being "boring" and "unamerican."

Cincinnati Hab is offline  
Old
01-31-2008, 04:46 PM
  #67
TheCinBin
Registered User
 
TheCinBin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 464
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheCinBin
It was a good game last night. Cool to see a team that we will only place once (Charlotte).

TheCinBin is offline  
Old
01-31-2008, 05:11 PM
  #68
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Just wanted to say how much I appreciate you guys from Cincinatti and Hamilton, since I don't have as much time to follow the games anymore.

coolguy21415 is offline  
Old
02-01-2008, 07:55 AM
  #69
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,117
vCash: 500
about hockey being "boring" and "unamerican."

You have to pretty effing retarded to think either

windycity is offline  
Old
02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
  #70
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,333
vCash: 700
In the JDM today Roland Melanson said Valentenko will play in the NHL one day, he says he improved a lot lately. Rollie was in Hamilton to help Price.

Team_Spirit is online now  
Old
02-01-2008, 07:48 PM
  #71
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,630
vCash: 500
Chipchura not playing tonight.

habsprospects is online now  
Old
02-01-2008, 07:51 PM
  #72
hey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Is he injured?

hey is offline  
Old
02-01-2008, 08:07 PM
  #73
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Chipchura not playing tonight.
It's time to overreact HF Boards style!!!

I'M SURE HE'S TRADED!!!! Chipchura for Jokinen!!!!!

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
02-01-2008, 08:23 PM
  #74
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It's time to overreact HF Boards style!!!

I'M SURE HE'S TRADED!!!! Chipchura for Jokinen!!!!!
Might as well bare the cupboard completely in front of Price. Really make him work for the win.

coolguy21415 is offline  
Old
02-01-2008, 08:46 PM
  #75
zurg999
Registered User
 
zurg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Chipchura not playing tonight.
Derek Wills will have Chip on during the 2nd intermission, should be coming up sometime after 9:55 eastern time.

http://www.820cham.com/player/player

zurg999 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.