HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Panthers Lounge: 3rd Time's a Charm

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2008, 11:00 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
I would think you mean the opposite - that these stories make you realize how you usually take your life for granted but certainly shouldn't when you see things like this happen.
Oh wow oops. Yeah, I did mean the total opposite of what I wrote. I have to stop making posts in the middle of the night

Old
01-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Cats Gambler

Send a message via AIM to Cats Gambler
Drove by the Monte Carlo today...It looks 5 times worse than it does on T.V. Ouch...

Old
01-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Due to everything going on the last couple months, wife's brother passing away, holidays, Ivy's birthday, planning a move, etc., I completely forgot to re-register our cars. It's been in both our minds, but foolishly on the backburner. I was pulled over today, and for the first time in my life in terms of registration, ticketed for not having it renewed. I mean, it's my fault and I'll take responsibility, but c'mon, a ticket?

It's such a dumb thing to be ticketed for. It's like getting a 'too many men on the ice' penalty. Just boneheaded on my part.

01-28-2008, 05:47 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
I got pulled over on my motorcycle a few weeks back and i got a criminal citation because I didn't have a motorcycle endorsement on my license. I took the motorcycle safety course months before that and i showed the cop the card I got for completing the course and he still gave me a criminal citation. I wasn't even doing anything wrong, the guy got behind me and just randomly decided to run my tag.

Old
01-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
I got pulled over on my motorcycle a few weeks back and i got a criminal citation because I didn't have a motorcycle endorsement on my license. I took the motorcycle safety course months before that and i showed the cop the card I got for completing the course and he still gave me a criminal citation. I wasn't even doing anything wrong, the guy got behind me and just randomly decided to run my tag.
Ouch, what was the fine for that? You may want to contact one of those traffic lawyers. I really don't like lawyers, but in this case, I don't think it's legal anymore for them to just randomly pull you over. My 2 best friends were both cops and they said a few years back that you need a reason to pull someone over, running their tag and finding something isn't enough. They can say you weren't staying between the lines and suspected you were DUI, though. Dunno, may just be worth it for you.

Old
01-28-2008, 07:47 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Ouch, what was the fine for that? You may want to contact one of those traffic lawyers. I really don't like lawyers, but in this case, I don't think it's legal anymore for them to just randomly pull you over. My 2 best friends were both cops and they said a few years back that you need a reason to pull someone over, running their tag and finding something isn't enough. They can say you weren't staying between the lines and suspected you were DUI, though. Dunno, may just be worth it for you.
It was taken care of two weeks ago. The court date was set by the cop the day after i left for Boston, so I couldn't have been there. I just had a lawyer take care of it and get it off my record, luckily. I don't know why the cop ran my tag; I was following other cars and going the same speed as them, which wasn't over the limit. It's not the first time I had a cop behind me, either. I guess I just got unlucky .

Old
01-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Acadmus

Quote:
Due to everything going on the last couple months, wife's brother passing away, holidays, Ivy's birthday, planning a move, etc., I completely forgot to re-register our cars. It's been in both our minds, but foolishly on the backburner. I was pulled over today, and for the first time in my life in terms of registration, ticketed for not having it renewed. I mean, it's my fault and I'll take responsibility, but c'mon, a ticket?

It's such a dumb thing to be ticketed for. It's like getting a 'too many men on the ice' penalty. Just boneheaded on my part.
Probably the municipality or state where it happened (depending if it was locals or state cops) needs more money and the politicians don't want to raise taxes anymore because they're pretty much maxed out and there would be revolution.

The most common thing to forget here in Vermont is your annual inspection - this is because the state requires the stickers to be located directly behind your rear-view mirror where you can't see it. And the legislature refuses to move it, even though the state's police association has recommended it. My office manager and his wife both drove uninspected vehicles for months before realizing it last year. He finally realized it when he went to take his daughter to take her driving test for her junior license and the instructor pointed it out to him

Luckily our company owns two garages so he was able to get it inspected that day and get his daughter back to take the test at a later time. Then he realized their other car wasn't inspected, either.

02-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Maybe it's just cause I'm a new(er) dad, but I loved this:

Old
02-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Probably the municipality or state where it happened (depending if it was locals or state cops) needs more money and the politicians don't want to raise taxes anymore because they're pretty much maxed out and there would be revolution.

The most common thing to forget here in Vermont is your annual inspection - this is because the state requires the stickers to be located directly behind your rear-view mirror where you can't see it. And the legislature refuses to move it, even though the state's police association has recommended it. My office manager and his wife both drove uninspected vehicles for months before realizing it last year. He finally realized it when he went to take his daughter to take her driving test for her junior license and the instructor pointed it out to him

Luckily our company owns two garages so he was able to get it inspected that day and get his daughter back to take the test at a later time. Then he realized their other car wasn't inspected, either.
Man, that's like when I went to apply at the Sheriff's office and was told my license was suspended when they ran it. Apparently, I'd received a ticket for running a toll, but I never received the actual ticket. I rarely run/ran tolls and a few times they literally weren't working. Apparently I was busted by one that wasn't. I now have e-pass. Ticket me now....punks!

I went the next day to renew my registration. I was going to get a Panther plate, but the things are so ugly I opted out. I got the 'save our seas' plate instead. Has a shark on it...it's cool!

Old
02-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Maybe it's just cause I'm a new(er) dad, but I loved this:

That's hysterical!

My son, Camden, is turning 5 this week. I can't believe how fast he's growing up. We're having his birthday party at the ice rink, and here's his "big" present from us:

I don't know who will be more excited....my kid or my husband. LOL

Old
02-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Laus723
Future Now

That's awesome. I'd be in there every day.

Old
02-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
That's awesome. I'd be in there every day.
For real. Where was this stuff when I was growing up?

Old
02-04-2008, 03:32 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Got a poll going on in the poll forum, a little help would be nice. Its about who will win the SE.

Old
02-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Got a poll going on in the poll forum, a little help would be nice. Its about who will win the SE.
With the way Ovechkin has been playing, I say Washington is the darkhorse.

Old
02-04-2008, 05:20 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Holy crap, that rink looks so freaking sweet. I may be about fifteen years too late for this, but heck I want one now! Damn, I feel so deprived being an 80s/90s kid now

Old
02-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

The price on that thing was pretty reasonable too. Only $149. Granted, he won't be getting anything else from us, but this is one of those presents that's a double blessing. It gets my kids AND my husband out my hair for a while.

Not to mention, I'm damned tired of having to touch up the paint in my living room, boys' room, and hallway from all of the puck marks.

I figured this was as good as it was gonna get for a kid in South Florida...until we can figure out how to make the pool ice over.

Old
02-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
The price on that thing was pretty reasonable too. Only $149. Granted, he won't be getting anything else from us, but this is one of those presents that's a double blessing. It gets my kids AND my husband out my hair for a while.

Not to mention, I'm damned tired of having to touch up the paint in my living room, boys' room, and hallway from all of the puck marks.

I figured this was as good as it was gonna get for a kid in South Florida...until we can figure out how to make the pool ice over.
lol, it's going to be some time before we get pools to ice over here. It's so cool that your kids love hokey so much. Ivy loves to watch Mickey and friends, Winnie the Pooh(super slueths), and hockey.

I love my kid.

Old
02-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Holy crap, that rink looks so freaking sweet. I may be about fifteen years too late for this, but heck I want one now! Damn, I feel so deprived being an 80s/90s kid now
We/I still had all the cool toys, though. TMNT, GI Joe, Transformers, etc.

That ice rink would've turned into a boxing rink for my brother and I.

Old
02-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Acadmus

I'm just noticing all the kids in the picture are on their knees - somehow, Lola, I don't think your walls will be spared much.

Old
02-06-2008, 09:19 PM
GoRatsGo
LGP

Well, this is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Old
02-08-2008, 07:15 PM
GoRatsGo
LGP

Old
02-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Camden received five stitches in his chin today.

Within 15 minutes of ice skating at his party, he experienced a "face plant" and cut open his chin. Thankfully, one of the hockey dads is also a doctor, and bandaged him up. I was ready to take him to the doctor then, party be damned, but Doctor Dave said he'd be fine if we wanted to wait.

And Dr. Dave was right.

As soon as I cleaned the blood off him (and it was POURING out EVERYWHERE), he went right back out on the ice.

Two hours later, we were at the clinic, and he received his stitches. So that makes 10 stitches in 6 months. He, of course, is very proud and wanted to know how many stitches Jay Bouwmeester had when he was five. LOL

The mini ice rink was a huge hit, but unfortunately, the thing is freakin' huge and they will have to play with hit outside.

We also bought him a new stick, Reebok, Sid Crosby stick (hey, it was cheap). He was excited when we told him it was a Sidney Crosby stick and said, "thanks for my new Disney Crosby stick!" LOL

Old
02-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Camden received five stitches in his chin today.

Within 15 minutes of ice skating at his party, he experienced a "face plant" and cut open his chin. Thankfully, one of the hockey dads is also a doctor, and bandaged him up. I was ready to take him to the doctor then, party be damned, but Doctor Dave said he'd be fine if we wanted to wait.

And Dr. Dave was right.

As soon as I cleaned the blood off him (and it was POURING out EVERYWHERE), he went right back out on the ice.

Two hours later, we were at the clinic, and he received his stitches. So that makes 10 stitches in 6 months. He, of course, is very proud and wanted to know how many stitches Jay Bouwmeester had when he was five. LOL

The mini ice rink was a huge hit, but unfortunately, the thing is freakin' huge and they will have to play with hit outside.

We also bought him a new stick, Reebok, Sid Crosby stick (hey, it was cheap). He was excited when we told him it was a Sidney Crosby stick and said, "thanks for my new Disney Crosby stick!" LOL
Aww sorry to hear that, he sounds like a trooper

Old
02-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Lola, your picture of Domi is awesome! It inspired me to put a picture of Puck in my avatar which was lost a while back.

How big is he already? Wish I had a jersey that fit Puck.

Old
02-12-2008, 06:00 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Lola, your picture of Domi is awesome! It inspired me to put a picture of Puck in my avatar which was lost a while back.

How big is he already? Wish I had a jersey that fit Puck.
OMGosh! I love your dog!!!! Just beautiful!

He's still a little stinker, weighing in at 26lbs. at 11 weeks old. He's got some catching up to do (according to the "experts"). But we don't want to rush his growth.

The jersey is the first jersey Cam ever had. I keep it in his keepsake box, but I just couldn't resist trying it on Domi. LOL He was not pleased.

Closed Thread