HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guy Lafleur accused of perjury.

Old
01-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
What Guy is being charged with is aiding his son to break curfew while awaiting trial.

As for his 23 year old son having relations with a 16 year old girl at a hotel, this may be unethical to a lot of people, but if he met her with her consent this would not be illegal before the law unless the age of consent has been changed. I don't think it has been changed.
No, based on what I read, Guy is being charged with lying at his son's bail hearing about his whereabouts on said night. He said that he was at Guy's house and did not break curfew.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 01:16 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
No, based on what I read, Guy is being charged with lying at his son's bail hearing about his whereabouts on said night. He said that he was at Guy's house and did not break curfew.
Fair enough, perjury. What I am trying to stress here is that the sons relations with the 16 year old at the hotel were not illegal. Some are conflating earlier charges with the curfew incidents.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 01:16 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Beaker, from what I read in this morning's Gazette, which wasn't much, it seemed more about that he didn't come forward with info., or sort of witheld info. until the last minute.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Batarnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Beaker, from what I read in this morning's Gazette, which wasn't much, it seemed more about that he didn't come forward with info., or sort of witheld info. until the last minute.
That's what they say in this article from last october. http://www.canada.com/montrealgazett...9-c521742a2478

Quote:
Hockey Hall of Famer Guy Lafleur testified yesterday at his son's bail hearing that the younger man had a 12:30 a.m. curfew while he was away from Maison Exode in August, and he was to spend the night at his parents' Île Bizard home.

"He respected it except for twice, when he asked if he could go to a hotel," Guy Lafleur said. "I thought that at 22 he had a right to some intimacy."

Why hadn't the elder Lafleur revealed that when he testified at an earlier hearing, prosecutor Sylvie Lavergne asked.

"Because I wasn't asked the question," Lafleur replied.

"So why are you mentioning it today?" Lavergne continued.

"Because I know you have proof that he went there and I didn't want to hide it," the former Canadiens star said.

Batarnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Squiggy

who's gonna' put the flower in jail?

He's a hero to a province. If it's a jury trial, good luck to the prosecution. Plus, he was trying to protect his son, most people would do that and lie about it - oh wait, so now jury members will have to put him in jail for something that they know they would on their own (put family first).

Yeah, there's no way it's humanly possible that Guy walks.

Squiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 03:40 PM
PKtrollban
PK for Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
On ice , Guy is a legend. Off the ice, Guy is a 5th liner.
I'd say, without his unbelievable talent, Guy would have turned BS ...

PKtrollban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Now it is becoming a big media freak show. There was no point treating Guy Lafleur like that. They just had to send him - like they do 90% of the time - the freagin" letter, by special mail and ask him to show up at a certain date in Court to answer some questions. Lafleur is no criminal and they know where he lives. he is nor a criminal on the run. Vincent Lacroix who milked 9000 people of their savings stayed in his home the last two years since he was accused.

Where is the ****ing justice ?
There's more going on here than we know about and the courts may have wanted to send a message to Guy that he'd better start taking things seriously. I don't think they're out of line in doing this at all.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:24 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

All of this because some Judge chick had a power trip. Guy was supposed to go to court Friday anyway.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
All of this because some Judge chick had a power trip. Guy was supposed to go to court Friday anyway.
Regardless Guy did take his 22 year old son to have sexual relations at a hotel with a girl who is 16, that is wrong any way you cut it.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:31 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Regardless Guy did take his 22 year old son to have sexual relations at a hotel with a girl who is 16, that is wrong any way you cut it.
22yo with a 16 yo isn't that bad... i'm at college and heard some very similar stories with underage girls at parties.... 22 with 16-17... 23-24yo with 17yos... Problem is that Mark Lafleur abused of the poor girl.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:34 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
What's so bad about that?

Old
01-31-2008, 06:41 PM
habfan4

Quote:
What's so bad about that?
Ask the parents of the 16 year old girl.

At any rate, the liaisons with the 16 year old girl is not the problem. Guy allegedly lying to the crown/court about his son's violation of his bail conditions (on serious charges) is what is at issue.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:42 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
22yo with a 16 yo isn't that bad... i'm at college and heard some very similar stories with underage girls at parties.... 22 with 16-17... 23-24yo with 17yos... Problem is that Mark Lafleur abused of the poor girl.
Which girl are you talking about ?

The one that Mark Lafleur ***** and for which he is in prison right now and will be trialed... [COLOR="Black"]OR,[/COLOR] the girl that he met in a hotel room during his release from his treatment's centres. I dunno the age of that second girl who met him in an hotel. But don't call her "poor" in her case. She met him voluntarely in a hotel room...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:42 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post

At any rate, the liaisons with the 16 year old girl is not the problem. Guy allegedly lying to the crown/court about his son's violation of his bail conditions (on serious charges) is what is at issue.
Exactly, nobody cares if he had sex or not with the 16yo. It's his own son's crap, not Guy's.

Old
01-31-2008, 06:43 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Which girl are you talking about ?

The one that Mark Lafleur ***** and for which he is in prison right now and will be trialed... [COLOR="Black"]OR,[/COLOR] the girl that he met in a hotel room during his release from his treatment's centres. I dunno the age of that second girl who met him in an hotel. But don't call her "poor" in her case. She met him voluntarely in a hotel room...
I'm talking about the 16yo girl that he abused... so probly the 1st one.

Old
01-31-2008, 06:43 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Exactly, nobody cares if he had sex or not with the 16yo. It's his own son's crap, not Guy's.
And if she is 16, where are HER parents ?

Old
01-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
"Guy Lafleur has done more for the Quebecois than the government. Corporal Denis Lortie missed his shot, but someday someone will NOT fail. They will ALL die." - Caller On CKAC

Jesus ****ing Christ man.

Absolutely ridiculous.What a totally irrevelant comment,no point to bring the government in this debate.

I am always missing when stupid,delusioned callers on CKAC tell these kind of ****ed up statements.He got too way emotional.

Anyway,I can at least sympathise and comprehend Lafleur in this situation.But the whole affair is controversial and ambigous at all.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post

the 16 years old girl wasn't ***** in that hotel room.

I think overall Guy is too naive. It may be about time he cuts his relationship with that crazy son of his.

Old
01-31-2008, 06:45 PM
CanadienErrant*

About time to close this thread, Don't you think ?

Old
01-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
"Guy Lafleur has done more for the Quebecois than the government. Corporal Denis Lortie missed his shot, but someday someone will NOT fail. They will ALL die." - Caller On CKAC

Jesus ****ing Christ man.

Absolutely ridiculous.What a totally irrevelant comment,no point to bring the government in this debate.

I am always missing when stupid,delusioned callers on CKAC tell these kind of ****ed up statements.He got too way emotional.

Anyway,I can at least sympathize and comprehend Lafleur in this situation.But the whole affair is controversial and ambigous at all.

sorry,double post don't delete this one

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 06:53 PM
habfan4

Quote:
the 16 years old girl wasn't ***** in that hotel room.

I think overall Guy is too naive. It may be about time he cuts his relationship with that crazy son of his.
I'm not talking about nor do I care about the specifics of what Guy's son did or did not do with some girl in a hotel room. I'm only pointing out that the warrant was issued because Guy allegedly lied about his son breaking his court ordered bail conditions.

I do agree that Guy should examine his relationship with his son.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2008, 07:41 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
About time to close this thread, Don't you think ?
The hell are you talking about ? Can't we discuss here ?

Go away.

Old
01-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
The hell are you talking about ? Can't we discuss here ?

Go away.
The problem is that the discussion has firmly left the realm of anything Habs-related and is now firmly focused on morality issues (with some hilariously prude viewpoints, but I'm not getting into that).

Overall, this is now lounge material. Guy Lafleur or not, this isn't Canadiens material.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Pascal

I can't help but smirk at this whole discussion. If it was Joe Bob from Verdun everyone would just say "meh, make him pay", but since it's Lafleur a lot of ppl defend him.

He took his son to a minor he was abusing. Put him in jail for a little bit with all the other 5th liners.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 12:27 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I can't help but smirk at this whole discussion. If it was Joe Bob from Verdun everyone would just say "meh, make him pay", but since it's Lafleur a lot of ppl defend him.

He took his son to a minor he was abusing. Put him in jail for a little bit with all the other 5th liners.
Get your facts straight before posting. It's not the same girl. Where were the parents of that other underage girl ?

You don't have children. Especially a problem child with Tourette Syndrom and drugs problems. If you really think that Guy Lafleur is a criminal, then... ADIOS