HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gorges or Bouillon

View Poll Results: who stays?
Keep Bouillon 48 25.13%
Keep Gorges 143 74.87%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-02-2008, 11:28 AM
eddy

vCash: 500
They've both been playing well of late. If i had to choose I'd take Gorges cause he's younger and cheaper.

eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 11:31 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Once O'Byrne is back who would you rather keep with the team, assuming one has to go.
Brisebois might decide to retire (please Patrice...). And O'byrne can come back as a #6-#7 d-man depending if Strreit is moved back to forward again.

So, Gorges AND Bouillon, for me, belong to the starting lineup

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 11:32 AM
MTL-rules

Wow...so much disrespect toward Bouillon

To think that Gorges is better than him right now is laughable, Bouillon makes less mistakes, is more physical and play on the PK.

Do I like Bouillon? Not really, but there's absolutely no doubt that Bouillon is better than Gorges (and Carbo won't think twice about scratching Gorges over Bouillon)...

If Gorges would have made that massive hit on Ovechkin, we'd be hearing about it for days, but it was Bouillon and nobody said anything...

So much crap, I can't beleive it... and I'm really wondering why Bouillon is so hated on hfboards... and I hope it's not why I think it is...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 11:46 AM
La Grosse Tendresse
HFBoards Sponsor

O'Byrne wasn't even that good when he was up. He's obviously the one who won't be playing, Bouillon and especially Gorges have been great recently, as has Streit.

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 11:47 AM
j c petit
Locked-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Wow...so much disrespect toward Bouillon

To think that Gorges is better than him right now is laughable, Bouillon makes less mistakes, is more physical and play on the PK.

Do I like Bouillon? Not really, but there's absolutely no doubt that Bouillon is better than Gorges (and Carbo won't think twice about scratching Gorges over Bouillon)...

If Gorges would have made that massive hit on Ovechkin, we'd be hearing about it for days, but it was Bouillon and nobody said anything...

So much crap, I can't beleive it... and I'm really wondering why Bouillon is so hated on hfboards... and I hope it's not why I think it is...
Please enlighten us, why do you think he is is so hated? Without playing the race or linguistic card, did you ever think it is because of Bouillon's age and salary?

j c petit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Teufelsdreck

I'd keep both with the team even when O'Byrne returns. Gorges is a bargain at his salary and he's proving he's more than a useless throw-in in the Rivet trade. Bouillon adds an element of physicality. Brisebois definitely is the surplus Dman. He can't do what Gorges and Bouillon are doing on D and the Habs don't need him on the PP. Dandenault is also expendable. He was flying high as a RW at the beginning of the season but he's since come down to earth.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
I'm interested in the Hab's POV with the trade at this point.

We are discussing the Rivet/Gorges trade on the Sharks board: (LINK)

I can tell you that Rivet has fit in very well in SJ and is depended on to log top pairing ice time and the #1 PP, where he has fared quite well on the right side. While my preference would be to skate him a few less minutes and get a better top defenseman, Rivet has a nice place in SJ, particularly given his natural leadership on and off the ice. Its a good fit.

Most felt Gorges had limited upside when he was sent packing, though most applauded his work ethic and heart. I think we undersold him but liked the trade and still do. Chime in on our board if you have a thought. (LINK)
Gorges has never being the key player in the deal, and never will. But Pacioretty (1st round pick) is looking Really good. How good maxPax turns out to be will tell who won the trade. Either way, I certainly don't feel like we've being robbed, and I won't ever feel that way. We don't miss Rivet here.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 03:42 PM
LeMAD

Bouillon is much better than Gorges will ever be.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 03:52 PM
tchendoh

Send a message via ICQ to tchendoh Send a message via MSN to tchendoh Send a message via Yahoo to tchendoh
I like Gorges but I think he's still weak when there is pressure. In the playoffs, I'd feel a lot safer with Bouillon than with Gorges.

Bouillon is a warrior that gets better when the stakes gets higher.

That being said, I really like Gorges and I think they're a fine 3rd pair. I just wish O'Byrne can come back and play with Hammer. We need him against bigger teams. On faster/smaller teams, I'd go with Streit.

(and let's not even talk about Brisebois)

tchendoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 03:55 PM
LeMAD

Yeah don't touch that third pairing. O'Byrne will have to earn a spot with Hamrlik or he won't play at all.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 06:21 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Wanchuk View Post
Please enlighten us, why do you think he is is so hated? Without playing the race or linguistic card, did you ever think it is because of Bouillon's age and salary?
I think it's a height thing, probably a Napaoleonic complex.

As for myself, Gorges has impressed me quite a bit. He has 2 outstanding qualities, tenacity in 1 on 1 situations and a knack for quick,neat little passes.

Bouillon brings some physical play, he's been skating the puck well lately, and he's more than willing to drop the gloves with anyone.

There's no real difference,imo, I'd suspect Bouiloon is a safer pick in Carbo's eyes. When a d man takes a penalty you see Bouillon get a shift on the right side.

I know I'm being wishy washy, but it would come down to whoever had the best 'last game'.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Holy Puck
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tough choice, but Cube is still more physical. Gorges has more hockey sense though.

Bouillon.

Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 10:48 PM
scosar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Bouillon is much better than Gorges will ever be.
Other than throwing a big hit and dropping the gloves once in a while. There is no way that Bouillion is much better than Gorges and for the money and abilitiy to get better there should be no debate. If you think Bouillion would be in the top 6 of all 30 teams then you dont get to watch too many games that dont involve the habs.
As for Obyrne he brings something that neither Gorges or Boullion bring. Size and the ability to clear the front of the net. The cube makes big hits but still cant clear the big bodies away from the crease.

scosar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 11:08 PM
habs_in_the_blood

Georges, and thats a no brainer

habs_in_the_blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Gorges for sure.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2008, 11:14 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by scosar View Post
Other than throwing a big hit and dropping the gloves once in a while. There is no way that Bouillion is much better than Gorges and for the money and abilitiy to get better there should be no debate. If you think Bouillion would be in the top 6 of all 30 teams then you dont get to watch too many games that dont involve the habs.
As for Obyrne he brings something that neither Gorges or Boullion bring. Size and the ability to clear the front of the net. The cube makes big hits but still cant clear the big bodies away from the crease.
Thank you for opening his eys.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
I like them both but I'd give the edge to Geoges because he's younger and comes cheaper then Boullion.
Streit I would put on the 4th line and rotate him in as a 7th D-man from time to time and of course on the point for the PP.

Komiserek Markov
O'Byrne Hamerlik
Goerges Boullion
Streit (With Streit also playing on the 4th line, if one our D is playing bad he can shifted back to D)

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote