Where is their pride?

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2004, 05:36 AM
electric

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGoddess
Those sorts of shenanigans DON'T belong in a hockey game.
Because punching other players in the face, cross checking in the back of the head and slashing wrists do?

Old
04-16-2004, 06:10 AM
HockeyGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric
Because punching other players in the face, cross checking in the back of the head and slashing wrists do?
The physicality of the game is certainly more appropriate to the game than freaking tryouts for the William Shatner School of Over-acting!

The Habs are JUST as guilty of punching other players in the face, cross-checking in the back of the head (or even the face) and slashing as the Bruins are, so don't even go there, ok? If the Bruins are cheapshot artists for doing those things, then OH MY LORD!!!!! Your angelic Habs must be too!!!

And that, electric, is the lesson for today. ALL HOCKEY TEAMS do those things, even the Habs. The Habs, however, also add embarrassment to the sport with their frequent embellishments/dives.

Old
04-16-2004, 06:22 AM
tarabelle99

Send a message via AIM to tarabelle99
Quote:
If I had any respect left for the Habs, perhaps I wouldn't feel the burning desire to take shots at the Montreal Submarine Club. And after the last couple days, I have even less respect for most (note, I said *most*, NOT all) Habs fans. Frankly, I'm on my OWN team's board, and if I feel like taking a well-deserved shot at the Habs, then I will. I feel the Habs are made up of a bunch of wannabe actors and cheapshot artists. The Bruins are accused of being cheapshot artists and cheaters, and who have the refs in their back pocket by Habs fans. Well guess what? The Habs can be accused of the exact same thing. The difference? The Bruins don't make a habit of trying to dupe the refs into falling for the very lame act of "oh, oh, I'm grievously hurt! I've been MAIMED! I've been DISMEMBERED! I fell on my ass and my neck and arm went numb!! Better thrash my legs around and possibly REALLY injure my spinal cord to make it look more convincing!! Oh, I took a gloved punch to the face! Better try and injure myself further by snapping my head back like it was a battering ram that hit me instead of a gloved hand."

Unfortunately, the very good play and tenacity of the Habs, and how evenly matched these two teams really are isn't what I'm going to remember about this series, whether the Bruins win it or lose it. It's all the freakin' diving and embellishing (AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!!) that the Habs have done I'll remember the most. Those sorts of shenanigans DON'T belong in a hockey game. They belong on a stage or in a movie studio... although there are cameras at the games, so maybe that's the reason the Habs are doing what they're doing.
Great post HG, especially the part about what you will remember of this series: not a hard fought series between two good teams, but instead the embarrassing antics of players like Ribeiro, Kovalev et al. Saddening, really.

Old
04-16-2004, 06:32 AM
electric

Hahaha... we're really at war aren't we? I'm loving this! :lol

Old
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Again, I post as a Habs fan, embarrassed even in victory as how every time that a Montreal player gets any kind of shot that he has to writhe on the ice as if he is near death.

Can you defend Zednik? No. Two minutes later he was back on the ice and even a minute after he was on the bench trying to look like the injury was justified.

I will defend one Montreal Canadien. Jason Ward. Hit, hurt, skated off went to the room. That is what it is all about.

Ribiero, Markov, Kovalev, Zednik....all should take a lesson. This is not Soccer....this is hockey, and it is a man's game. Play like men.
Awesome post, good to see another opinion. Zednik did take a nice crosscheck to the back, but did anyone see the nice crosscheck he gave to Boynton's back that caused Boynton to give him that shot? If you're going to dish it out, you better take it Zednik.

Old
MAINE-IAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric
how soon hab fans forget. try remembering game 1 and two when both axey and nylander got hit in the head with non calls.everything was fine when the habs were dishing it out.

i made a post after game two that its time they got a taste of there own medicine and it seems they dont like it.

Old
04-16-2004, 07:36 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
I'm sorely disappointed in you HockeyGoddess. I can understand all the other immature Bruins fans taking a shot at the habs but I never thought you had it in you to do it. I'm disappointed to say the least.
HG must be incredibly distraught that you think this of her.....

Old
04-16-2004, 07:42 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
My only two points...

1. Bruins sucked, and only have to look in the mirror.

2. The Habs reactions to the Bruins have been appalling. Most people here have played the game in some sort of capacity. They are bush league, and quite honestly a bunch of cherries. I am not saying penalties aren't penalties, and I am also not saying it ever has anything to do with an outcome of a game, but the lying around the ice is pathethic. They look like that commercial where the t-shirt gun gets stuck and the mascot shoots all of the other team and they are lying around the ice....

Old
04-16-2004, 07:43 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos
However, I was shocked that one of your moderators, HockeyGoddess, would actually go to the lengths of comparing the habs to a diving team.
Because it's true. Everyone else in the hockey world can see that, except for homer fans of the Habs. What the Habs are doing and getting away with is deplorable...this diving/faking injury/embellishing to get a call has to stop. Game misconduct and thrown out of the series would be a pretty stiff penalty, but I guarantee that you won't see anymore Habs play-act as dogs rolling around on the floor.

Old
04-16-2004, 07:59 AM
scosar

It's all the freakin' diving and embellishing (AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!!)

I dunno. To me as somebody who has played soccer all his life as well as hockey and been used to guys diving all over the ice. There have only been two cases of obvious faking in the series.

The Ribs incident was repugnant and the Kovalev incident was a stupid play on his part.

Nobody was penalized for the collision with Ribs and Montreal had the puck so no chance was taken away from Boston when the whistle blew. As for Kovalev well no penalty and Boston scored.

So I don't see how they are getting away with it. In both cases no penalty and 1 gwg for the B's.

Old
04-16-2004, 08:03 AM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by scosar
It's all the freakin' diving and embellishing (AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!!)

I dunno. To me as somebody who has played soccer all his life as well as hockey and been used to guys diving all over the ice. There have only been two cases of obvious faking in the series.

The Ribs incident was repugnant and the Kovalev incident was a stupid play on his part.

Nobody was penalized for the collision with Ribs and Montreal had the puck so no chance was taken away from Boston when the whistle blew. As for Kovalev well no penalty and Boston scored.

So I don't see how they are getting away with it. In both cases no penalty and 1 gwg for the B's.
You're looking at the two most obvious cases, but there are much more cases than that, look no further than last night with Zednik and Markov, it's just annoying to see them lay on the ice like they've been shot, get up and skate to the bench like you have a pair.

Old
04-16-2004, 08:15 AM
Bruin_Ron

Ward was the only Hab this series who got hit with any dignity. He took it like a man. He got crushed, fell, got up, and skated off without even glancing at the ref. Kudos to him

Old
04-16-2004, 08:37 AM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
Again, I post as a Habs fan, embarrassed even in victory as how every time that a Montreal player gets any kind of shot that he has to writhe on the ice as if he is near death.

Can you defend Zednik? No. Two minutes later he was back on the ice and even a minute after he was on the bench trying to look like the injury was justified.

I will defend one Montreal Canadien. Jason Ward. Hit, hurt, skated off went to the room. That is what it is all about.

Ribiero, Markov, Kovalev, Zednik....all should take a lesson. This is not Soccer....this is hockey, and it is a man's game. Play like men.

Thank you for your integrity and unbiased opinions. If the Bruins lose this series, as a Bruin fan, I will be the first to say that they choked. Personally I choose to call them as I see them. The B's have thrown some cheap shots, as have the Habs. The difference is that with the exception of Ward, Souray and Quintal, it seems that every time a Hab gets hit, they act as if they have been stabbed in the ribs.

I would think that the opinion of a Canadien fan, who is also an HF admin. would be enough to convince some of the enablers here that what many of these Canadiens are doing is shameful.

Old
04-16-2004, 08:42 AM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
The physicality of the game is certainly more appropriate to the game than freaking tryouts for the William Shatner School of Over-acting!
HEY, Don't insult Kirk!!
They stay down on the ice longer than it takes him to get through a sentance!!!

Old
04-16-2004, 09:20 AM
maswe12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scosar

markov has been down on the ice 3 times in the past 2 games.....still hasnt missed a shift. I dont need them to get penalties for all this....I just want them to stop for the sake of the game.

Old
04-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Guy!

Quote:
Bee-dee-deep

Stardate 24521.5

HockeyGoddess has....
insultedmebeyondmeasure.

I..... can't..... accept..... thiskindofabuse.

Now..... you've.....

GONE

TOO

FAR!

I've..... rethoughtmyposition..... and..... perhaps..... they.....
stayedontheice..... a..... little..... toolong.

Spock.................

canverifywiththetricorder.

Untilthen..... our.....
belovedCanadiens

have..... got..... to..... win..... hockeygames, MISTER!

And.............. theycadothatbetter..... on..... their..... feet.

Endpersonallog.

Bee-dee-deep

Old
04-16-2004, 12:30 PM
mcphee

Jim,this is a hockey board,damnit,not an improv theatre.

Old
04-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
well I'm tireing of this..so before I close it.. I will leave you all with a joke my 10 year old told me this morning...

" If a Hab falls in the forest , and nobody is around, will it still flap around like a fish ? "

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Closed Thread