HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Who has been a dissapointment so far?

View Poll Results: Who is not doing the job?
John Leclair 10 27.78%
Mark Recchi 7 19.44%
Michal Handzus 5 13.89%
Vladimir Malakhov 8 22.22%
Joni Pitkanen 4 11.11%
The entire 4th line 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
there are no excuses in the playoffs. if you play, you are expected to produce.

I'll give Recchi the benefit of the doubt, seeing as he has more career playoff games under his belt than I do. The only thing I can produce when I have the flu is vomit...give credit for him showing some heart and maybe helping in other ways than on the scoresheet.

Old
04-16-2004, 12:33 AM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Flu or no flu Recchi has definitely been the biggest disappointment so far in the series. He has no assists and only 1 goal. He has lost the puck countless times especially on the PP and he isn't passing very well either. I am one of the biggest Recchi supporters too so don't think im bashing the guy.

LeClair has been usinf his size to create chances which we will need later on in the playoffs so I hardly consider him a disappointment.

Malakhov had a sub-par game 1 but in the last 3 games he has been pretty good at playing the body, getting shots on net, and creating plays getting the puck out of the zone.

Timmander has been playing very well too except for a few turnovers.

Pitkanen I haven't noticed very much which is unusual.

Old
04-16-2004, 12:34 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1476
This is a paragraph from Larry Brooks' New York Post column after Game 4:

"Keith Primeau was outstanding, so was Alexei Zhamnov. Vladimir Malakhov has had a very strong series, as have Kim Johnsson and Marcus Ragnarsson. Roenick, far less concerned with starring in his own reality TV show than he is dedicated to doing all the necessary if unglamorous grunt work, is playing his best postseason hockey since leaving Chicago eight years ago. The Flyers are at the top of their game".

http://www.nypost.com/sports/devils/16397.htm

Old
04-16-2004, 04:55 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
I'm still looking at the Zues line to get better as the playoffs progress. Once players get tired Zues and LeClair will be a handful.
And that's why it's so important to finish things with the Devs Saturday......then Recchi and LeClair can get some extra rest for the next series. Recchi has been battling a stomach virus, so if he can be healthy for the next round it would be a good thing.

But first things first.........let's deliver the KO punch tomorrow!

Old
04-16-2004, 07:18 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
Flu or no flu Recchi has definitely been the biggest disappointment so far in the series. He has no assists and only 1 goal. He has lost the puck countless times especially on the PP and he isn't passing very well either. I am one of the biggest Recchi supporters too so don't think im bashing the guy.

LeClair has been usinf his size to create chances which we will need later on in the playoffs so I hardly consider him a disappointment.

Malakhov had a sub-par game 1 but in the last 3 games he has been pretty good at playing the body, getting shots on net, and creating plays getting the puck out of the zone.

Timmander has been playing very well too except for a few turnovers.

Pitkanen I haven't noticed very much which is unusual.

Leclair isn't playing bad against the Devs...just par for the course. If we were playing Montreal...

Old
04-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Jonifan44

its deffinatly leClair

when he had the puck on his stick durring the season noone could get it off his stick

now it seems not only anyone in the nhl can steel it from him but also little kids

its a disgrace

Old
04-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonifan44
its deffinatly leClair

when he had the puck on his stick durring the season noone could get it off his stick

now it seems not only anyone in the nhl can steel it from him but also little kids

its a disgrace
It's hard to maintain control of the puck all the time when you are getting mugged.

Old
04-16-2004, 12:21 PM
flyercide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Malakhov, Pitkanen and Timmander have been disappointing so far. Pretty scary since thats half our defense right there.
I thought Timander played great last game.

Old
04-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Teezax

I also think Timander is doing a great job, I'm a little scared about playing fast teams rights now, our D looks like it can be penetrated.

Old
04-16-2004, 02:54 PM
ObeySteve
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to ObeySteve
Comparing regular season preformance to preformance in the playoffs so far, Recchi has been the biggest dissapointment and Johnsson has been the biggest suprise so far.

I don't think it's fair to say that any specific defenseman are the biggest dissapointments, because the simple fact is all 5 defensemen outside of Johnsson are not playing at their best capabilities.

Closed Thread