HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carl Soderberg

Old
11-28-2007, 12:19 PM
TrustInJarmo*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
You're wrong about Weight. He has one good year left.
I hated the Rucinksy signing from day 1...but I did back up re-signing Weight...and I will admit that it looks like the wrong move now. Even when he is with Perron and Stempniak this past month...Doug doesn't look much better than with Rucinsky or Johnson.

Though I hope your right execwrite...maybe he will turn it around. I have more confidence in Doug turning his play around than Rucinksky or Cajanek.

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 03:48 PM
fcpremix88

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
I'd take either(I wouldn't be the slightest bit upset with Vinny ), but yes; Jokinen is who I was referring to.
IMO he is a perfect match for AM's system and would form a dominant 1-2 punch with Walt and (eventually) Berglund. I would have no problem at all with offering up a legit D man(Jackman, Backman or McKee), a good prospect or 2(anybody except Oshie, Berglund or Eller and yes; I do think we have enough depth in the system to make a good package without including those 3) and a high end pick(he's one of the few players I'd be willing to move a 1st round pick for). We'd probably have to wait until latter in the year, but Jokinen is #1 on my "Trade Target" list unless Tampa really does make Vinny available(the chances of which I think fall into the "snowball in ..." category).
Well... the Lightning ARE having management problems. A fire-sale isn't likely, but Lecavalier is the only Big 3 w/o a NTC. It would really be amazing if my two favorite teams traded though.

And I'm sorry when I say this, but when you're discussing the elite talents in Florida, be prepared to give up WAY more than you're describing. The Lightning in no way need defense or goalie prospects, and I'm pretty sure it's the same with the Panthers.

EDIT: Add me to the list of people who believe in Weight

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 06:39 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
Could you let him and the Blues know when that's going to be?
I'm of the opinion that he is done as well. I don't see the 15-20 goal 40-50 assists guy that Weight was. I think it is kind of like Andreychuk lingering around a few more years at this point. I don't see him hitting 50 points this year even on top offensive minutes.

I agree with your assessment of AM's center position, Kimzey. I think he gives it more latitude than what you are describing. The Blues D seems to be continually facing 3 on 2s with no center found on the backcheck. Maybe an occasional winger. A third defender seems like a bit of a stretch to me. Tkachuk is still doing his thing in the offensive zone. (which would cause him not to be the most proficient backchecker in the world, but opens up Boyes for opportunities.) I have notice your triangle, but that triangle also inverts, if opportunity presents itself. Our centers do spend their share of time behind the net.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 11:12 AM
John Druce
Flynt Flossy

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fid=548

Says here that potentially the Bruins are regretting the trades from last year....

My question to Blues fans: can you sum up for me your feelings about Toivunen in the games he has played for you this year

THanks

John Druce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 11:46 AM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Druce View Post

Says here that potentially the Bruins are regretting the trades from last year....

My question to Blues fans: can you sum up for me your feelings about Toivunen in the games he has played for you this year

THanks

I LOVE HANNU TOIVONEN!!!

I think he really has a great chance to be our future stud goalie we have been looking for for years.

I liked the trade from day one..since Carl wasn't coming over to NA anytime soon and the promsie Hannu displayed a couple years back.

As our John Kelly would say to Boston, "THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!"

Wonder if the Bruins have any other great prospects they want to dump on us?

Old
12-04-2007, 01:30 PM
General Veers

I can only remember one other time when I was this happy with our goaltending. I was a kid at the time so I can't remember the exact year, but we had Joseph, Herbert, and Riendeau on the SAME roster. It didn't last long though...

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 01:45 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

vCash: 50
Quote:

THanks
Ecstatic. Toivonen has provided a dependable backup goaltender which the team has been lacking for even longer than we've missed a dependable starting goaltender (think decade) and a promise that we have another potential starting, franchise goaltender for the future.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
I can only remember one other time when I was this happy with our goaltending. I was a kid at the time so I can't remember the exact year, but we had Joseph, Herbert, and Riendeau on the SAME roster. It didn't last long though...
Probably 1991. Joseph was offered with Brind'Amour as compensation for Brendan Shanahan [supposedly had we offered Riendeau instead of Joseph, we would have kept Scott Stevens], Riendeau went to Detroit for Rick Zombo that November, and Hebert was claimed in the expansion draft by Anaheim in 1993.

12-04-2007, 02:15 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
Probably 1991. Joseph was offered with Brind'Amour as compensation for Brendan Shanahan [supposedly had we offered Riendeau instead of Joseph, we would have kept Scott Stevens], Riendeau went to Detroit for Rick Zombo that November, and Hebert was claimed in the expansion draft by Anaheim in 1993.
Yeah, we offered Joseph and Brind'Anour to Lou Lamoriello and the Devils for Shanny.

But actually in the meeting Caron gave a plea to Judge Houston why Rod Brin'Amour, Curtis Joseph and two draft picks were more than enough to offset the loss of Brendan Shanhan. Though Caron didn't give any great examples as why this was truly equal...And this is the main reason why I am not a fan of Caron...because he got schooled by Lamoriello in front of Judge Houston and Caron cost us Scott Stevens.

Judge Houston didn't buy any of what Caron was selling...Lou Lamoriello's came back with a great game plan. He said that Brind'Amour's value plummeted to the point where Coach Sutter removed him from the power play during his second year. While Rod's goals dropped from 26 to 19 in his "prime".

Lou also argued that Joseph would mean nothing to his team and that the Devils already had two outstanding goalies. Lou said he wasn't going to pay Joseph's salary for this player when Joseph would be sitting on the bench and possibly in the minors.

Lou also argued in detail how they needed scoring and defense. And that Stevens for Shanahan was much more fair compensation.

Funny enough, Judge Houston said later to the Blues after the ruling..."Do your homework next time. If the Blues proposal would have included ONE minor change, I would have had no choice but to rule in favor of the Blues coningent. If they would have put a defensemen in therir package instead of Joseph, a goalie New Jersey did not need, my ruling might have been different." Houston said.

Judge Houston said if Paul Cavallini, Brind'Amour, and 2 draft picks would have been offered for Shanny..."Than the Blues would've won."

How on the money was Houston, when he called Hull a "whiner" and a "little jerk" for his remarks about the "fix is in on the Blues" back in 1991.

Sorry about the long post...I just get so mad when I think back on this!

Last edited by TrustInJarmo*: 12-04-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old
12-04-2007, 03:32 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:

THanks
I would disagree. There are some who feel we could have got Wideman (who's been nothing short of great by the way) for less than Boyes, but I'm not sure how one who wasn't privvy to the trade talks could draw that conclusion. It is possible, but either way Wideman has been exactly what this team needed.

With Rask in the pipeline and given that it seemed Hannu wasn't going to regain his form in Boston, moving him was the right move. There's a concern about Soderberg coming over stateside, but in terms of sheer talent, I don't think B's fans are unhappy with the deal. It's more the logistic side of it.

I have a feeling Hannu/Boyes for Wideman/Soderberg will be a very interesting deal to revisit in a few years. I think all could very well turn into impact players, you could even say Boyes and Wideman are already there.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 07:01 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

banghead: We definitely know which meathead should have been put on the burner. That Caron. All we gave New Jersey were a bunch of presents. What an idiot!!

Last edited by PerryTurnbullfan: 12-05-2007 at 07:03 PM. Reason: messed up quote
PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Backesfan

Carl Soderberg

Hey everyone new here, does anyone have any info on what kinda progress that Carl Soderberg has made coming of his eye injury ?

Backesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Irish Blues

Check on the Bruins board; since he's no longer Blues property, we don't follow him much if at all.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2008, 09:49 PM
BluesDarb

I love when people post threads on players no longer with the team looking for information. It's cute.

Seriously though I think I heard he was regaining form.

BluesDarb is offline   Reply With Quote