HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Siarhei Kastsitsyn Appreciation Thread

Old
02-04-2008, 08:40 PM
muzion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Seems that although SK may not prefer Serge over Sergei, he might be developing an impressive French accent. I don't have confirmation that this is actually him, but if you watch this video, I'd swear that he appears at the 1m 12s mark and tells the camera that his favourite player is Sergei Kostitsyn. Certainly looks a similar age.

Decide for yourselves.
His play is akin to a young Saku (he will score more goals though) and he already speaks french

Kovalev is a funny dude! He ALWAYS runs his mouth too much Doesn't he notice the interviewer (8.2/10) was agitated over his drawn-out answer?!

----------------
Now playing: The O'Jays - When The World's At Peace
via FoxyTunes

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Seems that although SK may not prefer Serge over Sergei, he might be developing an impressive French accent. I don't have confirmation that this is actually him, but if you watch this video, I'd swear that he appears at the 1m 12s mark and tells the camera that his favourite player is Sergei Kostitsyn. Certainly looks a similar age.

Decide for yourselves.
You just made me re-watch a video that I uploaded on youtube and I still didn't see it coming. Well done sir.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 09:15 PM
jpguy13

Really, I don't know if we,ve hit the jackpot with this kid, but he's showing incredible grit so far. As for the skills, they certainly appear to be there, and I do think that we would benefit by playing the two brothers on the same line. It's like they have a bloody GPS or something: they find each other so easily.

I couldn't believe he tripped Chara last game against Boston right after the Big guy plastered him into the boards. That takes so much guts. He rocks. I know Kane and Gagner are really talented player, but I don't think they're as multidimensional as our own Serge Cossette. Beware, in a couple of years, Montréal will start and finish the season first in the East. That's a guarantee.

jpguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
The awesome thing about him is he plays just as well with Koivu and Higgins that he does with Lapierre and Latendresse. In fact his best game as a Habs came playing with the latter.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 12:26 AM
kernkraft

Quote:
I don't have confirmation that this is actually him, but if you watch this video, I'd swear that he appears at the 1m 12s mark and tells the camera that his favourite player is Sergei Kostitsyn. Certainly looks a similar age.
That kid is about 10 years old. Sergei doesn't look that young...

It's kinda funny because I have the same problem, I'm 21 and I asked for a beer at the restaurant the other day and the waitress laughed, then paused and asked "Oh, you're serious?". True story.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
That kid is about 10 years old. Sergei doesn't look that young...

It's kinda funny because I have the same problem, I'm 21 and I asked for a beer at the restaurant the other day and the waitress laughed, then paused and asked "Oh, you're serious?". True story.
That's not a problem, its a blessing. Well, it will be in the future anyway.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 02:59 AM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Just checked, Sergei is behind only Toews, Kane, Backstrom and Mueller in rookie points per game. Not bad, not bad at all for a 20 year old

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:41 AM
TheCH*

Why does Sergei spell his name different ways?

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:49 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Funny many people ask God the same question.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Mr.Brownov*

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Brownov*
I almost think that his shot is better than Andrei's. Ex: Penalty shot the other night. Both will be brilliant for the Habs. And I expect him to edge out older brother in points after a couple of years.

Mr.Brownov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 09:12 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Once again, back due to popular demand, the different options for Quebecisizing Siarhei's name:

a. Serge Cossette (Good guy, beer drinking Quebecois)
b. Kostie Hostie (pious, church-going Quebecois)
C. Billy Costco (anglophone Quebecer)

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 09:14 AM
TheCH*

Ok, well what way does he himself actually spell it, Siarhei or Sergei?

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 09:22 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Ok, well what way does he himself actually spell it, Siarhei or Sergei?
Don't know, but....finicky Easterners....

The name of #27 on the Habs is pronounced, phonetically

"Alexee Kavalief"

but now he wants us to call him

"Alex Kovalev" and pronounce it the same way.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 10:55 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Once again, back due to popular demand, the different options for Quebecisizing Siarhei's name:

a. Serge Cossette (Good guy, beer drinking Quebecois)
b. Kostie Hostie (pious, church-going Quebecois)
C. Billy Costco (anglophone Quebecer)
Billy Costco

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Anyone else seem to notice that as soon as we added this guy our team caught fire? And it doesn't surprise me that much that he's scoring close to Kane's pace because his coach had said that he was the most NHL ready out of the three.

I am surprised that all three are doing so well though. I'd never have expected any of them to be this good so soon.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 01:55 PM
windycity

Kostie Hostie

lmao

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 10:58 AM
HabsSlappy

I was thinking about when our beloved Habs were able to turn it around and thoughts that Sergei's call up to the big club seemed to be a turning point in the season. The Habs were doing well, but I did a little legwork and realised the following:

Before Sergei --> 14-11-5 = 0.550 win percentage
After Sergei --> 23-11-4 = 0.658 win percentage

That is a remarkable difference! I really like the total game that he has brought and I think he has brought the best out of his brother. Andrei doesn't wanna get shown up by his younger brother. Sergei's stats are very good for a 20 year old rookie IMO, expecially for someone who was picked so late in the draft.

Great job Gainey and Timmins in finding this one. Perhaps it wasn't just a courtesy pick to make Andrei happy. It has worked out well and I think this is one of the major reasons for the Habs emergence as a force in the East.

Last edited by HabsSlappy: 03-07-2008 at 12:00 PM.
HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
I was thinking about when our beloved Habs were able to turn it around and thoughts that Sergei's call up to the big club seemed to be a turning point in the season. The Habs were doing well, but I did a little legwork and realised the following:

Before Sergei --> 14-11-5 = 0.550 points per game
After Sergei --> 23-11-4 = 0.658 points per game

That is a remarkable difference! I really like the total game that he has brought and I think he has brought the best out of his brother. Andrei doesn't wanna get shown up by his younger brother. Sergei's stats are very good for a 20 year old rookie IMO, expecially for someone who was picked so late in the draft.

Great job Gainey and Timmins in finding this one. Perhaps it wasn't just a courtesy pick to make Andrei happy. It has worked out well and I think this is one of the major reasons for the Habs emergence as a force in the East.

Right on!

Sergei Kostitsyn call up is the turning point of the season for the Habs.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Rock On

Is there any real russian speaker on this board cause there's one thing I can't understand :

I know a bit of cyrillic alphabet and I don't understand why there's two version of his name. In Russian Sergei Kostitsyn or Siarhei Kastsitsyn is : Сергей Костицын
Since
C is like an S
e is like IÉ
p is like r
r is like g
e is again IÉ

and that :

K is K
O is O
C is again like S
T is T
N inversed is I
U or kinda is TS
B is like V
I is I
and H is like N

Shouldn't his name sounds like Siergié Kostitsvin ? Because any of the two version is similar to the real one...

Anyway, I will never stop to be a big fan of him. I mean, at 20 years old, it's very rare a late draft pick becomes so dominant (for a rookie) so fast. He's my favorite prospect in the system and I'm very high on him. He probably have the better hockey sense on the team. Even better than Koivu. He's fast, surprisingly strong along the boards, he sometimes throw a big hit , and he have a decent shot. He will be a star, I'm almost sure about that if he stay away from injuries. Great pick Timmins

Last edited by Rock On: 03-07-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Rock On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 12:45 PM
le_sean

He seems like the type of player that will be a monster in the playoffs too.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Stephen Locke*

S.Kost is demonstrating his great combinaison of skills and hockey smarts.His remarkable and gifted vision will be a huge advantage to his blossoming.Not to mention he has a great sense of anticipation,(use his linemates well,knows where to go,where to be ,solid positioning)is very confident ,has very good speed overall and has very good technical skills.He just needs to add mass on his frame and he has to utilize his underrated but lethal shooting arsenal.He has nearly all the tools to succeed very well in the NHL.

Last edited by Stephen Locke*: 03-07-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 12:51 PM
HotPie

What else is there to say about Sergei Kostitsyn. He's by far one of our best prospects.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Anyone else seem to notice that as soon as we added this guy our team caught fire? And it doesn't surprise me that much that he's scoring close to Kane's pace because his coach had said that he was the most NHL ready out of the three.

I am surprised that all three are doing so well though. I'd never have expected any of them to be this good so soon.

I've heard from both Kane and Gagner that Sergei is a clown in the dressing room and that every player on the team just loved him. This coupled with his nice play and the boost to his brother probably helped the team spirit.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 01:02 PM
HabsSlappy

It does seem like after he scores, the other players on the team seem genuinely happy for him and are often a little more animated in congratulating him. Shows that he must have their respect and that they all like him.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Habs12max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Brownov* View Post
I almost think that his shot is better than Andrei's. Ex: Penalty shot the other night. Both will be brilliant for the Habs. And I expect him to edge out older brother in points after a couple of years.
I don't really think so... Look at andrei's goal and sergei's one, you will see that andrei IS BY FAR a better shooter. Sergei's Wrist shot isn't that hard....But anyway, both of them should shoot more often

Habs12max is offline   Reply With Quote