HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

GDT: Minnesota Wild @ the Columbus Blue Jackets, 7:00pm FSN OHIO

Old
02-04-2008, 10:19 PM
Pluckfur

vCash: 500
Granny! Man-up, girlie!! It's just a game ...

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
we are just having a lil fun and not tearing our guys apart for a min .. I think maybe we need a lil break and a lil bit of fun after the last week

Old
02-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Granny View Post
I know a lot of this nickname discussion is in fun, and some of it is amusing. But it runs the gamut to exasperation, and I think it's kinda sad that we are spending time discussing it right now. I am afraid I know what that means about how we are feeling about our Jackets right now.
Turn that upside-down

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellington View Post
we are just having a lil fun and not tearing our guys apart for a min .. I think maybe we need a lil break and a lil bit of fun after the last week
How bout just a day...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Hockey Granny

I did understand that you are trying to share a few smiles after last week. That's great. And I didn't think you were tearing the guys down. What I meant was it's kinda sad that we don't feel there is something more important to talk about right now.. like the fact that we really BELIEVE we're probably gonna make it to the playoffs.
And Plucky, you are still my hero, but you know damned good and well it isn't "just a game".

Reunion, for the record, I also like "Little Shake" as Russell's moniker. (How's that?)

Last edited by Hockey Granny: 02-04-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Hockey Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Phoenix beat Colorado in overtime, another 3 point game

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 12:08 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
I know a lot of this nickname discussion is in fun, and some of it is amusing. But it runs the gamut to exasperation, and I think it's kinda sad that we are spending time discussing it right now. I am afraid I know what that means about how we are feeling about our Jackets right now.

It's because of "how we're feeling about the jackets" that we're goofing around debating nicknames of players in the Wild GDT. You'd think someone with the nickname "Hockey Granny" would get this.

"KILLER SHAKE" ...I love it.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Hockey Granny

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
It's because of "how we're feeling about the jackets" that we're goofing around debating nicknames of players in the Wild GDT. You'd think someone with the nickname "Hockey Granny" would get this.

"KILLER SHAKE" ...I love it.
I DO get it. That is exactly why I said "it's kind of sad" (meaning - too bad we don't have anything better to talk about at this stage of the game). It must be a "generational" type of language problem (or something). I seem to be unable to express what I am trying to say in a way in which you younger persons understand just what I mean. Sorry.

Hockey Granny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Wings4Life

Quote:
I DO get it. That is exactly why I said "it's kind of sad" (meaning - too bad we don't have anything better to talk about at this stage of the game). It must be a "generational" type of language problem (or something). I seem to be unable to express what I am trying to say in a way in which you younger persons understand just what I mean. Sorry.
Meh, I understand you perfectly, and I'm 22 (and live in Canada to boot ).

Wings4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 01:00 AM
Renion

Quote:
It was perfectly understandable to me, don't worry.

Once you start talking like Plucky, tho, watch out.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 07:13 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
For the record, despite his youthful appearance and childish glee in provoking arguements, Jacketfan is in our age bracket, Granny!

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 12:09 PM
WrightOn

If our fanbase is any reflection of our team's spirit and/or mental toughness through adversity, then I guess I should just give up too. I shouldn't be surprised either, if we piss away the rest of this season and have nothing to show for it.

Hopefully its not true.

I just try and remember what the goals of the season were before it started.
Understanding and accepting that is NOT the same as accepting the 7 years of mediocrity.

On to the next game.

WrightOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrightOn View Post
If our fanbase is any reflection of our team's spirit and/or mental toughness through adversity, then I guess I should just give up too. I shouldn't be surprised either, if we piss away the rest of this season and have nothing to show for it.

Hopefully its not true.

I just try and remember what the goals of the season were before it started.
Understanding and accepting that is NOT the same as accepting the 7 years of mediocrity.

On to the next game.
I hear ya, but just remember any idiot can post his nonsense on the internet. Hell they even let me post here.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 02:50 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Oh...ok...I get it.

and fyi...we ain't all 'younger persons' up here, Granny. But some of us DO look younger than Pete

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote