HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Most un-welcomed fans in YOUR arena?????

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2004, 07:14 AM
Riggs
Kaptain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
WHat game did you go to?I was at 1,2,and 5.Where did you sit?
Game 2, when Kovalev laid out Zhitnik in open ice.

I'm pretty sure I was in section 111 a few rows from the back of the section.

Old
04-14-2004, 07:17 AM
Riggs
Kaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner
In Pittsburgh, I'd say it's those fans who sneak in without paying dressed as seats.

Funny :lol , . . . but wrong!!!

Old
04-15-2004, 07:24 AM
justapantherfan

Flyers, Rangers and Pens fans.

Old
04-15-2004, 09:11 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

As a Habs fans who assisted to 2 playoff games in Montreal this week, I think it's easy to say the Bruins fans are the most unwelcomed fans at the Bell Centre. Every single time a guy wearing a Boston jersey came in my section, people started booing the guy. Add to that the famous "Boston Sux" chant.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Famous Flames

In Dallas, it's Red Wings fans without a doubt or, as one radio guy calls them, the Trailer Home Army. Little historical context here: in the 80s and 90s, a lot of people moved from the Rust Belt to Dallas mostly looking for jobs. Amazingly, they all became avid Red Wings fans about 1997 (Gee, wonder what happened? )

The few Anaheim fans that show up at the AAC are also surprisingly irritating.

Old
04-15-2004, 10:40 AM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
When we're playing the Kings, probably Ducks fans
:lol :lol :lol

Old
04-15-2004, 11:11 AM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggs
Game 2, when Kovalev laid out Zhitnik in open ice.

I'm pretty sure I was in section 111 a few rows from the back of the section.
Meh,I'm cheap so I was in 309.I believe in Game 2 Buffalo lost 3-1...?

Old
04-15-2004, 12:20 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

The Ducks did a half decent job keeping Kings fans out of the arena this season by selling the Kings games as part of their holiday package thing, it was more difficult to get tickets for that January game.

In years past its been as high as 2/3 Kings fans in the building, which must be pretty sad for the Ducks players. Like playing a road game.

Old
04-15-2004, 01:55 PM
AvengerK

Send a message via AIM to AvengerK
Wrestling fans. It's fake and it's not even a sport.

Old
04-15-2004, 05:11 PM
cbjosufan

Send a message via AIM to cbjosufan Send a message via MSN to cbjosufan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
For CBJ: Red Wings fans (especially Cbus-based Wings fans).

#1 - they pack the arena , usually making it about half-Wings, half-Jackets (sometimes worse).

#2 - the majority are cool, i'll conceded that - just your typical, good-natured heckling. But, my only bad fan experiences have all come from Wings fans acting like obnoxious, disrespectful jerks.

On a positive note, I want to toss some respect to Toronto fans. At a game a Nationwide last season (Jackets won 4-3 in OT on a Tyler Wright hattrick goal), there was a lot of talk going back and forth during the game, but at the end of the game, every Leafs fan I encountered was cool and respectful.

no doubt about that. I went to two of the Detroit games at Columbus and both times it was mainly Red Wings fans yelling louder than Columbus.... The Red Wings fans were mostly polite...but then again some weren't. You're going to have that anywhere though I guess from the visiting team

Old
04-16-2004, 12:05 AM
Staalwart

my friend and i went to a devils game he wore a leafs jersey i as i always do when i go to a devisl game, wore a rangers jersey, it wasn't pretty. Every person in the arena has a comment. There were a lot of remarks towards my friend about the hit on Niedermayer.

Old
04-16-2004, 12:19 AM
Heathen

Send a message via ICQ to Heathen Send a message via AIM to Heathen Send a message via MSN to Heathen Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen
At the Dome it's easy.... Oiler fans. Its all about the rivalry.

At the Medicine Hat Arena either Rebels or Cane's fans.

Old
04-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Cat Called Bobcat

I went to game 4 at the Corel Center on Wednesday and boy was it nice to see a bunch of those Leafs fans get up and file out quietly with 5 minutes left in the game.

This idiot in a cowboy hat with a big Leafs flag was sitting right beside the Sens bench and was poking Redden in the arm with the tip of his flag. He did it numerous times before the usher came down and, I assume, warned him to stop. I'd a kicked him out on his dirty Leaf fan butt

Old
04-16-2004, 12:38 PM
User571

Send a message via AIM to User571
At the Flyers games-Rangers fans seem to always be getting into fights with Flyers fans and/or kicked out...

Old
04-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Snakeeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen
At the Dome it's easy.... Oiler fans. Its all about the rivalry.

At the Medicine Hat Arena either Rebels or Cane's fans.
At least it's a rivalry with Edmonton.

Vancouver fans are just obnoxious. The absolute best part of our current playoff series is that there are virtually NO Canuck fans in the Dome right now. The atmosphere is so much better without a thousand jackasses who've been on the Vancouver bandwagon since 2000 spewing their garbage.

Old
04-16-2004, 01:17 PM
YellHockey*

In Ottawa it is a landslide against Leaf fans.

When the Leafs come to town there are so many drunken, foul-mouthed, ignorant people dressed in blue and white it is unreal.

I've seen them vandalizing property inside and outside the Corel Centre. I've seen them setting off fireworks in crowded areas outside the Corel Centre, I've seen them just miss hitting people in the parking lot, and I've seen them starting fights.

I didn't see any incidents on Wednesday night but when I was leaving I overheard an usher commenting about how a lot of Leaf fans were kicked out of the Corel Centre during the game.

The police presence, at the very least, quadruples when the Leafs are at the Corel Centre and for damn good reasons!

Old
04-16-2004, 01:36 PM
Gags1288

In Philadelphia, no opposing fans are welcome and all fans of other teams will hear about it if they're wearing an opposing teams jersey. As for who receives the worst treatment, I'd probably say Devils fans, Rangers fans, Leafs fans, and most recently Sens fans (saw one sens fan almost thrown off the balcony at the end of the regular season). And all of the harsh treatment multiplies by ten come playoff time.

If you're going to come into Philadelphia to watch your team play, I suggest that you a) don't wear a jersey b) don't celebrate too loudly when your team scores and c) don't pick a fight with one flyers fan, because you're picking a fight with 20,000. Also, try to come in small groups.

Old
04-16-2004, 02:44 PM
ObeySteve
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to ObeySteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
If you're going to come into Philadelphia to watch your team play, I suggest that you a) don't wear a jersey b) don't celebrate too loudly when your team scores and c) don't pick a fight with one flyers fan, because you're picking a fight with 20,000. Also, try to come in small groups.
Also, if you go to a Flyers game with a Flyers fan, the abuse you'll get will be sliced at least in half, even if you're wearing an opposing team's jersey.

Old
04-17-2004, 12:30 AM
SerbianEagle

In Edmonton, it Vancouver fans by a landslide. They are just so annoying, and most of them have only been Vancouver fans since 2000, and as soon as Vancouver sucks again will jump of the bandwagon.

Closed Thread