HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Stick A Fork In Us?

Old
02-04-2008, 10:41 PM
baberg

vCash: 500
To add to the woes. Avalanche and the Coyotes are in overtime right now. Give 'em each a point.

Sell, sell, sell Howson. Get us the talent and consistent scoring we need to make the playoffs next year.

baberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by baberg View Post
To add to the woes. Avalanche and the Coyotes are in overtime right now. Give 'em each a point.

Sell, sell, sell Howson. Get us the talent and consistent scoring we need to make the playoffs next year.
Yotes got the extra point and are now officially sitting in 8th.

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
cincyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
You just stuck that fork into the heart. Who is the half your thinking about?
chimera
malhotra
fritsche
foote
heida
klesla
fedorov- and only because he is expensive

i really dont know as much as 90% of the posters on this board, but i think id go
for players that will and can fit into hitch's program.

cincyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
Welcome Cincyfan .. and never let what you feel as a lack of knowledge stop you from posting .. I didnt and Look how far I have come

Old
02-04-2008, 11:14 PM
cincyfan

thank you!!!

cincyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfan View Post
chimera
malhotra
fritsche
foote
heida
klesla
fedorov- and only because he is expensive

i really dont know as much as 90% of the posters on this board, but i think id go
for players that will and can fit into hitch's program.
Chimera-yes
Malhotra-yes
Fritsche-no (he's a favorite of mine)
Foote-yes
Hedja-no (one of three good signings by the GM)
Klesla-no (he's a favorite of mine)
Fedorov-yes (but we have been exposed lately with him not playing)

A good starter list, any more?

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntledPSLholder View Post

also: a canadian fan jumping on the jackets bandwagon? i didn't know you guys acknowledged our existence...
LOL, what are my alternatives, cheer for the Flames?

Besides, I don't think there is much that seperates Canadian fans from those in good markets like Columbus, Minny etc.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 07:20 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerlova View Post
LOL, what are my alternatives, cheer for the Flames?

Besides, I don't think there is much that seperates Canadian fans from those in good markets like Columbus, Minny etc.
I agree: other than Lake Erie and a little line on a map, not much. And the more fans in Central Ohio that come to appreciate the game, the closer we'll become. Welcome aboard, oilerlova!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

I have already stopped thinking play-offs to maintain my sanity. If they make it, it will be a pleasant surprise. The Minny loss did piss me off, however.

The rest of the schedule this month will make it easy on Howson to decide whether we are buyers or sellers.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Chimera-yes
Malhotra-yes
Fritsche-no (he's a favorite of mine)
Foote-yes
Hedja-no (one of three good signings by the GM)
Klesla-no (he's a favorite of mine)
Fedorov-yes (but we have been exposed lately with him not playing)

A good starter list, any more?
You can't not trade players just because they're your favorite, or anyone's favorite, for that matter. Didja see the overlong "Jody Shelley traded" thread?

Manny happens to be my guy. Won't be happy at all if he's traded, but there are many around here, yourself apparently included, who wouldn't care a whit. For me, Fritsche shows me nothing that can't be replaced by just about anyone, but you're opposed to moving him because "he's a favorite of mine." I take it Rick Nash isn't a favorite of yours.

Old
02-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
You can't not trade players just because they're your favorite, or anyone's favorite, for that matter. Didja see the overlong "Jody Shelley traded" thread?

Manny happens to be my guy. Won't be happy at all if he's traded, but there are many around here, yourself apparently included, who wouldn't care a whit. For me, Fritsche shows me nothing that can't be replaced by just about anyone, but you're opposed to moving him because "he's a favorite of mine." I take it Rick Nash isn't a favorite of yours.
I was sort of tongue in cheek with favorite gig, cept for Rusty, I was serious about him. He is the only guy on the team I would not trade. Ever.

Old
02-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
I was sort of tongue in cheek with favorite gig, cept for Rusty, I was serious about him. He is the only guy on the team I would not trade. Ever.
Don't know that I'd go so far as to say not ever, but I certainly think he's too valuable to trade right now.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 02:20 PM
WrightOn

Maybe a spork. But not a fork.

2008 is the year of the Jackets. This playoff run, the offseason, the start of next season.....this is what I've been waiting for.

Ask me back in September if I'd be happy to take our team, now, at 25-23-6 with 56 points and I'd say, "hell ya!!"

That doesn't mean that the team is forgiven, given a pass, or beyond criticism. But, man, it sure should spawn a bit more positive outlook than we see after every single bend, bruise or loss.

We're still in it. Our team is learning and growing. (sunshine, ponies, puppies, cookies, etc.)

WrightOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 02:28 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Foote is a liability to the CBJ club but would still yeild a return. For your sake, I wish you guys could ship him off.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 03:19 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
Foote is a liability to the CBJ club but would still yeild a return. For your sake, I wish you guys could ship him off.
He's looked like garbage when not paired with Jan Hejda...whats that tell you?

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 03:52 PM
jacketsgeek
What's that sound?

Quote:
Robert - r u kidding me???

You start a 'trade Rick Nash' thread and defend to your death that 'anyone can be traded' and then you come here and wanna keep Rusty because he's one of your favorites.

Tsk Tsk...

jacketsgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketsgeek View Post
Robert - r u kidding me???

You start a 'trade Rick Nash' thread and defend to your death that 'anyone can be traded' and then you come here and wanna keep Rusty because he's one of your favorites.

Tsk Tsk...
Just him, he was our first pick ever, a decent defenseman price per pound, and consistent. He may take the occasional night off but rarely two games in a row (barring injury issues).

From a GM's seat no player should be sacred, that was the context of that comment, but from my seat I wouldn't move him, I'd like to see him retire a Blue Jacket. It would be nice for others to retire a Blue Jacket as well but he's the only one I'd be dissappointed not doing so.

Last edited by Robert: 02-05-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old
02-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
I am only sayin this ONE TIME ... Keep it on topic and No personal Attacks .. Do NOT BRING POST from other threads to try and get people worked up We are done with Warnings You will get points

Mellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

I Think I can comfortably say we are finished with playoff run... One point tonight doesn't help our cause... Heck, even if we got two point for an ot loss that wouldn't help us.

Please begin to move the personnel out Mr. Howson, Scott, If I may? Get something for David Vyborny and Sergei Fedorov now, before they walk via free agency and we get nothing. Get Adam to waive his NTC and talk to him in the summer if you truly wish him to be a jacket next season.

Lock Up Jan Hejda for another year or two. Do your best to acquire a center that can score consistently in the offseason.

I understand you have a small bit of history with Mike Peca, but if you aren't planning on resigning him as the third line center next year, please allow him to move on to greener pastures with a chance at a stanley cup. You made quite a splash in this market when you signed him, and it was a great deal for the team, 1 year, incentive based, we appreciated it, but we didn't expect him to still be a jacket come playoff time if we weren't still in it.

Unfortunately, you will still be stuck with the Duvie Westcott contract, thank your predeccesor for that.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
With Phoenix and Nashville winning tonight, I think we can officially stick the fork in the Blue Jackets, they're done.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 10:17 PM
pipe dreams

they have been done time to move on.

pipe dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Imjustabill

If Pascal is out for any extended period of time, then I'd say it's time to start thinking about being a seller at the deadline and focus all efforts instead towards being a better team next season. The way Norrena's playing in net, I don't see the team picking up ground on the competition any time soon.

Imjustabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 07:58 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waco Kid View Post
If Pascal is out for any extended period of time, then I'd say it's time to start thinking about being a seller at the deadline and focus all efforts instead towards being a better team next season. The way Norrena's playing in net, I don't see the team picking up ground on the competition any time soon.

Pretty hard to argue, Kid, but there is always the hope that a player loss of this magnitude will bring the team together and cause them to fight their way through the situation. That's not the way I'm betting with this bunch, but it has been known to happen.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
th Phoenix and Nashville winning tonight, I think we can officially stick the fork in the Blue Jackets, they're done.
Calgary scored 3 goals in the third period to tie the game and then won in the SO.

Still, we are 4 points out now looking at a Feb heavy on road games.

Let me call my broker:

Nashville - BUY
Phoenix - BUY
Columbus - SELL

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 09:14 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

The thought crossed my mind that Pascal's injury could be a stroke of luck in an unfortunate kind of way:

1. The Cover: Many of us didn't expect the team to get into the playoffs, and now ALL OF US have a legitimate excuse to "wait until next year."

2. The Timing: Coming as it does before the trade deadline, it gives Howson time to get something for a few players, AND more time to examine the summer market without the distractions of contending or playing in the playoffs.

3. The Silver Lining: We get to see Mason, and some younger guys get more playing time ...which should help Hitch and Howson examine this team more closely. Personally, I'd love to see Boll play more.

4. The UnLikely Hope: Perhaps this team responds and DOES recover from this setback. It would be great to see Freddie pull his game back together. And maybe this team will play better without the HIGH expectations.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote