Duck Off

vCash: 250
Power play for the Ducks

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:20 PM
Benny Lava

vCash: 500
Why does Getzlaf keep wating so long to shoot? That's twice he's just stood in front of the net with the puck on his stick.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:24 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 250
Great win for the Ducks FINALLY! Welcome back Teemu!

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:25 PM
HerrAlex

good game by selanne. Now if we win our next 7 we can start thinking about the playoffs again

HerrAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Fighter
Fighting my way

After that horrible losing streak it was about time for the rebound.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:30 PM
kenabnrmal

Great F-ing win.

Selanne showed some rust in a few areas. Defensive zone coverage and some of the quicker plays got away from him late in the game. However, he hasn't lost a step, he's still got the creativity, and he's got the drive. Everything else will come in time. That line with Weight and Bert actually looked pretty good, with Bert showing a bit of the jump that we haven't seen since his one good stretch.

Not a lot of shots, but some key big saves for Jiggy. Well earned SO.

Solid games from Carter, Marchant, and Rob Nieds.

Getz looked ill.

Nice to win a game when the top line blew.

Actually, Kunitz was alright.

D was solid.

More than anything, you noticed that they won the battles in the dirty areas. Retrieved the pucks after scoring chances, kept offensive pressure on, and used speed to back the Isles' d off. That's the Ducks team that wins Cups.

I love Selanne.

kenabnrmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:30 PM
lijay55

awesome game by selanne!!!! i sure missed c-ing him on the ice!
what do u guys think abt the new scoring lines?

do u think it would b necessary to trade for another center? if we're able to package away weight..or maybe even a marchant, and somehow not give up our Edmonton 1st, since its looking quite juicy with their recent casualties

like maybe even give up ryan for a top line center...say a jokinen or sundin, packaged w/ a 2009 1st, and another prospect like mitera, or whoever?

the way i see it..we may have to start going on some long win streaks to sneak into the play offs.....this is remember..the isles...not a det, which is an upcoming game

lijay55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:31 PM
lijay55

or do u think..we'll b complete when sammy 'shut down god' phalsson comes back

lijay55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Hockey Duckie

I liked Selanne's game. Awesome to have him back! I didn't notice anything worthwhile after that. It's the Isle's... not celebrating, but relieved to have scored goals and get a win. Team needs more umph!

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 08:35 PM
MOENing

Weight looks like penner from a certain angle.

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 09:07 PM
TheMetalChick*

So, your team scored. A lot, even! And your great yet recently-struggling goaltender has yet another shutout notch in his belt. What did I tell you people? No worries.

For you guys, anyway. As for me...

TheMetalChick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 09:17 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMetalChick View Post
So, your team scored. A lot, even! And your great yet recently-struggling goaltender has yet another shutout notch in his belt. What did I tell you people? No worries.

For you guys, anyway. As for me...
You could always follow us as your Western conference team. Since we struggle to score too, it'd be familiar. But with slightly more winning (because of defense).

As an added bonus you can cheer against the Oilers (the Ducks' pick), who might just make you feel better about your team.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 09:21 PM
TheMetalChick*

I have your goalie on my fantasy team, so I follow him already.
You guys wouldnt know this, but the Islanders were a good (albeit ridiculously low scoring) team until a few weeks ago.

TheMetalChick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Weight scores

great pass and effort by Bertuzzi

great shift by the 2nd line

3-0
ha never thought I'd hear that again this season.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Sean Garrity
MAGNUSIFENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
ha never thought I'd hear that again this season.
again? did i miss the memo where they had a good shift earlier?

solid game, nothing spectacular but solid game. Giguere looked real calm, cool, and collective. He had very good poitioning and looked simply confident which is good with tough games against the rangers (who lost to the kings tonight) the devils and then detroi on NBC. Just tell me why the hell he always tries to play the puck? Just get your as s back in the goal and defend it but don't give away a goal.

I thought selanne looked real good for is first game back much better in comparision to how scotty did his first few games back. I know we reeled of some 8 wins in 10 games, but i think that was more the team mentality than scotty playing great and i hope the same thing happens with teemu!(minus the teemu not playing good part.)

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2008, 11:58 PM
MOENing

What was wrong with Moen?

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 12:34 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOENing View Post
What was wrong with Moen?
Flu. It's been passing around the entire team.

I figured I'd type up some notes. I actually wasn't paying that much attention to the game so who knows how right I actually am...
-Selanne looked quite good. He didn't seem to have lost a step at all, and he was very good on the forecheck with his speed, pressuring the defense. He did seem to get a little tired, but that's expected.
-The 2nd line was good, I'm not sure when's the last time that's happened. Especially since the 1st line's been pretty well shut down by the checkers the past couple weeks. I'll say I never expected Bertuzzi work with Selanne. I know Bert played well with some speedsters in Vancouver, but for some reason I never expected him to be able to play with Selanne, especially since he failed with McDonald. Of course it is just 1 game.
-Perry made an especially nifty move near the end of the game. Sadly it's not on the highlights. He was skating around the boards, heading behind the net, and he did a little hesitation move to totally fake out a defender who was trying to hit him. He kept the puck and passed it out the other side (? I was more shocked at the move to pay attention afterward) and a decent scoring chance followed (I think... I may just be talking out of my ass).
-I think Kunitz had a pretty good game. He's been both in a slump and playing poorly.
-It wasn't really that great of a game by the Ducks, just "good". They got 2 softish goals to put the game out of reach, even if they were screened. Even with the screen, if DiPietro was in the proper stance, there should be nowhere for the puck to get by him. That's what's underappreciated with Giguere. But getting soft goals is fine, sometimes you need some lucky goals to start pouring the ketchup.
-I'm not going to say "our scoring woes are fixed" because that was a pretty poor defensive game by the Islanders. Also, they're in the bottom 3rd in GAA, so they're not that good defensively to begin with. And they seemed pretty slow (sounds like their team was pretty flu-ridden too).
-I'm a little disappointed in how they didn't stand up to that high hit to Perry. He's our only goalscorer (depending on how well Selanne does), you have to protect him.
-I'm a little concerned how the top line has gone AWOL of late. But hopefully some scoring threat from the 2nd line can take pressure off of them.
-Relatively easy shutout for Giguere, but he still earned it. He did look pretty confident. That's good, especially after being pulled and then getting a shutout SO loss his previous games.
-Only 2 penalties, and 1 was coincidental roughings. Huh?
-I thought Comeau looked pretty good. He seemed to be in the thick of the action quite a lot. If we're dealing for a rental and there need to be some balancing pieces, I'd love to get him.
-I can't say I was that impressed with any of their possible deadline pieces. Satan, Comrie, Fedotenko, Hunter.
-It's really good to get the win and some goals, it should really help the team heading into the Rangers game. It's like the results are finally there, after they had actually played 2 pretty good games but lost in St. Louis and Phoenix. 177:56 without scoring, that's just crazy.

Haha, supposedly the crowd was chanting "Refund! Refund!" I didn't hear it.

Old
02-06-2008, 01:13 AM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by _h0sehead_ View Post
hard boards injuries satan, +1 point to STYG
Nice to see STYG is a +1 for this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Hey hey, a goal! On the PP, no less. And it's probably the guy least likely to score, Niedermayer.

The final total is 177:56 between goals.
Wow. That's almost 3 games between goals...if you're information is reliable.

Okay, now onto non-smart comments. Obviously Selanne made a big difference. If nothing else the confidence factor. Hopefully he can help Getzlaf get his confidence back.

The real test for Selanne will be in about 5-10 games. He will hit the wall sooner or later. We shall see. Although playing 2-3 hours of tennis 5 days a week. Wish I could do that.

lux_interior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 02:54 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Haha, supposedly the crowd was chanting "Refund! Refund!" I didn't hear it.
Well, there were only like 12 of them.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 09:42 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux_interior View Post
Wow. That's almost 3 games between goals...if you're information is reliable.
We could have a game. I could make a bunch of statements. Some will be wrong. And people would try to figure out which ones were false. Best part is I don't really have to do anything different. Well I might have to be more accurate so only some statements are wrong and not most.

Old
02-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOENing View Post
Weight looks like penner from a certain angle.
You mean like more like a mountain man and less like our MVP? (most valuable primate)

Nikko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Nikko*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahahahahhaha View Post
Well, there were only like 12 of them.
Nice.

Old
02-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Nikko*

Selanne still has those explosive first 2 strides... and how the hell he manages to do that at age 37 is mind boggling. But he'll shake off the rest of the rust and if we manage to get a decent center for him and Bert that line will really be something. And the most underrated aspect of Selanne's game is the way he can give those soft touch passes. He gave Bert one who subsequently blew a 1 on 1 with the goalie.

Old
02-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Lyons71

So that is what a win is like. I almost forgot...

Lyons71 is offline   Reply With Quote