HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Ovechkin's ASG move not impressive......

Old
02-05-2008, 07:05 PM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely27 View Post
Everybody's parents call them an idiot. It's part of life, get over it.
No that's pretty much just you, ever one else just says that to make you feel better.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 03:27 PM
jdmef8vtec*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleCAPS View Post
haha so are you better than AO now because you did that? what do you expect these guys to do, there are only so many moves you can make... not easy either when you have goalies like Nabokov coming out to the hashes to poke-check pucks away...
where did i say i was better, i just said i was disapointed with the moves they tried, and that for ***** i tried one of the moves and was pretty pathetic how easy it was, no one went between the legs with the puck behind the back or anything, i couldnt even try to do that, but i dont know if anyone on here actually plays hockey or just sit on there couch and comment, but flicking the puck is pretty fundamental, and from there its all hand eye coordination, being a golfer and baseball player comes pretty easy, ohh yeah i forgot everyone heres a living room gm.

jdmef8vtec* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 03:45 PM
bleedgreen

i didnt think it was that great a move either to be honest, everyone was just so desperate to see something unusual. i dont think the original poster is off base here despite all the arrogant flaming.. the nature of the event doesnt jive with the players. they have to let guys like shremp in. most of the all stars dont have time to learn this crap now.

ten year old roller players can do his move. and better. of course they arent ao, but if your going to have a trick event - make sure you invite someone tricky or accept just really pretty dekes as "original" instead of giving them lower scores for keeping the puck on the ice. i got annoyd when someone pulled off a pretty finish but didnt get any good points because it wasnt "crazy".

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 04:01 PM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:
Originally Posted by x eric x View Post
you cant even play a full beer league game and you are going to rag on a NHL player
i play tier 2 with ex qmjhl, ohl, chl, ncaa players so dont embarass yourself, yeah ive smoked too many doobies to keep up, but i can still play hockey jigga. And by the way 90% of yous would kill to drive my crx so dont bash my ride, i have the only left Hand Drive CRX in canada with a glass roof, a mugen body kit, mugem rims, and an H22 with a type r transmission mounted, and dont bash unless you know anything about cars in general cause this car walks on 600hp mustangs/vettes from a roll, not from a stop cause i havent gotten slicks yet to hook up.

Old
02-06-2008, 04:43 PM
southpaw24

I think everybody that has played hockey has played with someone that used to play college, ohl or ahl players... ive played with a few myself but its really nothing to brag about. Its nice to be able to say you know them but when you bring it up like that you just seem like an arrogant ass. and the last time i checked this was about hockey not about your car. Spouting off about it like what you did makes you sound - again like an arrogant ass. Just my two cents. As for AO's move in the ASG he at least made an attempt at one of the newer trick moves.

southpaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Moon Man*

We got a live one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec View Post
i play tier 2 with ex qmjhl, ohl, chl, ncaa players so dont embarass yourself, yeah ive smoked too many doobies to keep up, but i can still play hockey jigga. And by the way 90% of yous would kill to drive my crx so dont bash my ride, i have the only left Hand Drive CRX in canada with a glass roof, a mugen body kit, mugem rims, and an H22 with a type r transmission mounted, and dont bash unless you know anything about cars in general cause this car walks on 600hp mustangs/vettes from a roll, not from a stop cause i havent gotten slicks yet to hook up.
FLAWLESS

Moon Man* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:

BEST. POST. EVER.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:
EXALT!

Transplanted Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Rico__Persson*

Test.

Rico__Persson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
you sire, are a God among mere mortals.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 05:38 PM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw24 View Post
I think everybody that has played hockey has played with someone that used to play college, ohl or ahl players... ive played with a few myself but its really nothing to brag about. Its nice to be able to say you know them but when you bring it up like that you just seem like an arrogant ass. and the last time i checked this was about hockey not about your car. Spouting off about it like what you did makes you sound - again like an arrogant ass. Just my two cents. As for AO's move in the ASG he at least made an attempt at one of the newer trick moves.
so why are the other morons telling me to crash my piece of **** honda, my car is my most precious posession dont ever diss my honda, and other buddy said i couldnt keep up in beer league hence why i said i play some pretty competitive hockey for my age. i still got some game. its called rebutal, sorry i dont use quotes to reference my rants my bad.

Old
02-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
so why are the other morons telling me to crash my piece of **** honda, my car is my most precious posession dont ever diss my honda, and other buddy said i couldnt keep up in beer league hence why i said i play some pretty competitive hockey for my age. i still got some game. its called rebutal, sorry i dont use quotes to reference my rants my bad.
Actually, it's called "rebuttal". Rebutal is what you take to calm the **** down. I hear it works well with doobies.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Ulic

Quote:

Hey Rich, tell him what he's won!

Ulic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Quote:
Someone dumped a toolbox into this thread... Uuuuugh.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 09:29 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:

i dont think ive ever laughed so hard

Henrique Iglesias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Ovechkins left nut > jdme's crx

Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 07:46 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 09:45 AM
wildebeest

Send a message via AIM to wildebeest Send a message via MSN to wildebeest Send a message via Yahoo to wildebeest
Quote:
You guys have these tools in Canada, too? I thought the baggy orange pants/upside-down golf visor/purple and green painted rice burner scene was strictly a suburban whiteboy america by way of japan thing.

wildebeest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Stealthmode16

Quote:

I really can't believe it took me so long to read this. I feel like I missed out!

I doubt anyone, and I really mean ANYONE here would want to drive your CRX. I understand that the CRX is commonly referred to as "God's Chariot" by many a honda fanboy, however, to a normal human being it is merely an underpowered econobox turned benchracing jesus.

Your mugen parts make you a laughing stock of the motorsports community. Im assuming you meant to say you have a right hand drive conversion, perhaps you even spent a large sum of money to import a car for this superior steering wheel configuration, congratulations, you are the envy of 15 year old males everywhere.

Please explain to me how you managed to mount a B-series transmission to an H-series motor. Not to mention the fact that the H22 makes approximately 200 horsepower, falling just short of 600 hp vette status, but I'll play along. Perhaps you wouldn't mind letting me in on the secrets of your modified engine? What are you using for fuel management? Feel free to throw up some pics of your ride, I'm interested to see it.

And please, wear a condom, it's for the greater good.

Last edited by Stealthmode16: 02-11-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Stealthmode16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 11:21 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Word, G. Holler at your boy? Man, I tell you what, that Jamie Kennedy is the funniest comedian ever!

DungeonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 01:33 PM
The Viking Fury

Quote:

Can I get a ride to work sometime? I'm tired of taking the bus, and if my boss saw me pull up in that "phat" ride of yours maybe I'll get a raise.

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote