HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rate Scott Howsen

View Poll Results: Grade Howsen
A 9 13.64%
B 33 50.00%
C 23 34.85%
D 0 0%
F 1 1.52%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-06-2008, 09:57 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
C... I think thats fair.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 10:03 PM
brianhatesu

Send a message via AIM to brianhatesu
i click F but meant to click D. I'm not impressed in moves so far. I think if Doug was here this would be a playoff team.

brianhatesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesu View Post
i click F but meant to click D. I'm not impressed in moves so far. I think if Doug was here this would be a playoff team.
We will never know...but in looking at the roster most of this years team was aquired under his tenure. Hedja, Novotny and Peca being the exceptions, did I miss anyone?

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 10:16 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Dear Mrs. Howson,

Scottie is currently getting a "C" in General Managing because he hasn't turned in his homework yet. When he turns in his homework, his grade will likely improve.

He is a pleasure to have in class, if only because he is nothing like the boy who used to be in his seat. However, I would like to talk to you about his grooming. Who does his hair?

-Mr. Jacketfan

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskyoil View Post
With regards to the Vorachek drafting:
He is tearing up the QMJHL, and seemed strong in the WJCs (although, statistically not that great). Would you have drafted Gagner ahead of Vorachek, knowing what you know now? Just out of curiosity.
1) Voracek, not Vorachek

2) At the WJs, he led the Czechs in scoring. The team as a whole underperformed, but Jake was clearly their best player.

3) Long term, Jake will be the most complete player, and will play a completely different style. It's not a good comparison.

4) Short answer: Voracek.

Macster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 12:23 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Hard to tell right now. I'd say a B. This grade's subject to change.

I'd never heard of Jiri Novotny and Jan Hejda prior to this season. I knew that Hejda was in the Edmonton system, but that was it. I'm glad Howson had heard of those two, as they were both good free agent pickups. As was said by someone else, Hejda was a steal. Peca adds some leadership to the team & has contributed when he's played, 22 points in 40 games. Beech was fairly impressive in the games he played & got waived. The Glencross/Tarnstrom deal could turn out very much in our favor depending on how he plays once he's allowed to cross the border.

Whatever Howson said to Zherdev in the offseason was magical. Where would this team be with the Zherdev of last season?

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 12:25 AM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 900
on a budget, and working with a mess, he deserves quite a bit. If Dick pays off, it'll be an A, but as of now, giving him a solid B, keep up the good work Scott

In other news, Our friendly Neighborhood Hawk has been a Member for three months meaning he get's his own avi, thanks Dru

Last edited by Cyborg Yzerman: 02-07-2008 at 02:28 AM.
Cyborg Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 12:39 AM
oxcamel

I give SH a 'B' right now but that could go either way this summer when a big exam is scheduled from June to September. This offseason will be his chance to shape the team that he wants. I guess in a way that started with the CHimera signing. I think he has done a good job right now by not doing a lot but evaluating what we have. I know people were upset by not making a splash in the FA market last summer but I agreed with his thoughts of waiting till this year and seeing where we were instead of throwing good money after bad. He did make several low level signing that have paid off well.

oxcamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 12:43 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Dear Mrs. Howson,

Scottie is currently getting a "C" in General Managing because he hasn't turned in his homework yet. When he turns in his homework, his grade will likely improve.

He is a pleasure to have in class, if only because he is nothing like the boy who used to be in his seat. However, I would like to talk to you about his grooming. Who does his hair?

-Mr. Jacketfan
ahahahaha :snort:

to JF.

B from me. He works quietly, efficiently and would seem to have absolutely no ego. He's easy on my nerves and based on what little I have to judge by so far - he does what he knows is best for the team AND his players.

(Although, JF is right about the hair ... and I gotta say his momma dresses him miiighty funny.)

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Renion

I'll give him an A if he gets me Vermette.

Pwease.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote