HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player Review - Brad Brown

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Fan-of-#9

vCash: 500
Player Review - Brad Brown

Here's the Player Review for defenseman Brad Brown.

Grade: A-

Key Stats:
GP: 13
G: 0
A: 2
P: 2
+/- : +3
PIM: 12
TOI/g: 16:04

Brad Brown only played 13 games for the Sabres, and the grade given to him is strictly based on the games he played in Buffalo. First of all, this guy's play drastically exceeded my expectations for a guy we picked up for close to nothing. He's a punishing hitter and a guy that our blueline was desperate for. He doesn't back down from anyone and he'll drop the gloves too if necessary. Another thing I like about Brown is that although he's very physical, he didn't take very many dumb penalties for us.

Development:

This guy was a first round pick by the Habs in 1998 (18th selection). He has not developed the way most scouts had projected him to on draft day, but he has always remained a physical force. He needs to work on his foot speed and defensive postioning. I did notice on occasion that he wasn't in the right place when the puck was in our zone. We gave up a 4th round pick for him and a 6th round pick, so therefore there is no pressure on this guy to become a top-pairing guy in Buffalo.

Outlook:

He is a tough, rugged and not to mention BIG man, who clears the crease and sticks up for his teammates. He might play Top 4 minutes for us on occasion, although 15 minutes a night as a stay at homer, and PK player is good enough for me. It depends on the development of Jillson and the negotiations with Z as to how much he will play for us down the road.

His future with the Sabres:

I want this guy around for awhile in Buffalo. Maybe it's because we were so pleased to see him replace Delmore on the blueline, but I think it's more than that. I see him paired with Mckee as a solid PK and shutdown pairing that can intimidate the opposition for years to come. He provides leadership on the ice, and likes to tussle and intimidate after the whistle. I'm sure Marty and Mika want this guy to stay.

Good Moments:

-Picked up his 1st point as a Sabres in his 1st game vs Washington on March 10
-Running over Gary Roberts in a game vs. Toronto on March 15, that's not something that happens to Gary Roberts very often.

Old
04-16-2004, 02:02 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
I really liked Brown, a real tough customer .
I too, hope that Brown sticks around for a while.

Old
04-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Satan81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9
This guy was a first round pick by the Habs in 1998 (18th selection).
He was drafted by Montreal in 1994 but didn't play a game for them until 1996.

Old
04-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan81
Nice to know. He certainly was a big help to our sorry excuse of a defense from the begining of the season. Can't wait to see how he and McKee might be able to play together over a full season. We won't be so easy to push around on defense.

Old
04-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan81
Thanks. My mistake.

Old
04-18-2004, 05:25 AM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
He was similiar to Rhett......limited offense,good leadership and toughness.I hope he is back next year because him and McKee could become a great pairing.

Old
04-18-2004, 05:41 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
He was similiar to Rhett......limited offense,good leadership and toughness.I hope he is back next year because him and McKee could become a great pairing.
Sather was not willing to give Brown a few extra thousand but he will offer millions to Kasper, Krapa and other old dman. At least Brown uses his size unlike Tom Poti. Brown at least can clear the crease. Sather made a mistake by not signing him. He is way better than Purinton.

Closed Thread