HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Price to start Thursday vs Toronto

Old
02-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
What????

Price did well when Huet was hurt.

His down fall was the return of Huet and not getting played, he got rusty and out of sync.

ON MY FANTASY TEAM.... Assuming I had to replace Leclaire who is injured, i'd want a number 1 guy.....

In real life obviously Price > Norrena.... but if you need stats, you need stats in FANTASY HOCKEY.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I'm busting your balls man...I can't believe how much of a fanatic you are for Huet! Good to see some love for him and for our Habs, enough bashing and bandwagoners here to fill the Air Canada Centre.
Oh, you are, damn this internet forum...where you can't detect all these things, no harm done.

LOL at that last part, I betcha we could overfill one.

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 07:29 AM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Huet's recent stats against Washington, New York Rangers, and Ottawa don't thrill me. His save percentage won't hold up for long. I predict a 5-4 or 4-3 win.
Huet had played 14 games in a row, give him a break, well-rested for Saturday night his save percentage should ascend like it always does.

For tonight?
I predict a 6-3 win.

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Lone Rogue

If Tim Thomas' save percentage can survive 8 trips to HabLand and still stay in the .920's, Huet can survive a few high scoring games.

The reason why Huet is so clutch is he doesn't regularly give up 4 goal games. It is a rarity for him. When the score ends up 2 goals or less on most occasions, its amazing to me that more people care about the weak goal he allowed. To me its like *****ing about Latendresse scoring 14 "garbage goals". I mean... is it only a 1/2 point if its a garbage goal!? They don't refuse you for the ****ing Rocket Trophy because you scored too many god damn garbage goals, so if you let in one or two ****ing garbage goals as a goalie (Like Huet tends to do) but you're always winning games 3-2, 4-1, 5-1, etc. what do you have to ****ing ***** about?

Okay I'm done.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14hockey14 View Post
Heyy Habs Fans,

Who will start vs leafs I think Guy will start Carey because Huet is 0-2 and Carey is 3-0 so I think he will go with Carey but I think Huet should cause he's healthy,and it will be carey 1st start since the Bulldogs.So I think Huet should start.

Who would you pick

Huet 0-2 or
Price 3-0

You chose!!!
Is this a trick question......Huet of course....Price is 3 years away from the NHL. according to popular belief.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 02:20 PM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
If Tim Thomas' save percentage can survive 8 trips to HabLand and still stay in the .920's, Huet can survive a few high scoring games.

The reason why Huet is so clutch is he doesn't regularly give up 4 goal games. It is a rarity for him. When the score ends up 2 goals or less on most occasions, its amazing to me that more people care about the weak goal he allowed. To me its like *****ing about Latendresse scoring 14 "garbage goals". I mean... is it only a 1/2 point if its a garbage goal!? They don't refuse you for the ****ing Rocket Trophy because you scored too many god damn garbage goals, so if you let in one or two ****ing garbage goals as a goalie (Like Huet tends to do) but you're always winning games 3-2, 4-1, 5-1, etc. what do you have to ****ing ***** about?

Okay I'm done.
You make some very unique and interesting points, it must be me, but, what were you trying to say?

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by willalong View Post
Is this a trick question......Huet of course....Price is 3 years away from the NHL. according to popular belief.
What measuring stick/stat are you using to justify your 3 yrs? If he takes 3 yrs to make the NHL he's a bust imho. He should be at least a 50/50 starter next year.(1 half of a goaltending tandem)

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 02:26 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post

Okay I'm done.
Well that's two totally different things.

A garbage goal by Latendresse is still a goal FOR your team.

A garbage goal allowed by Huet is a goal AGAINST your team.

Stats improve from one, decrease from the other.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Puckhead58*

So what the hell happened tonight....I thought Carey Price was the "Go to Guy" against the Leafs???? I thought he never loses against the Leafs???
I'll admit he played a decent game and made a few nice stops in the 1st period....but the way everybody praises him up on these boards....I thought he would win!!!
I guess Carey isn't one bit better against the Leafs than Huet is.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 08:40 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
So what the hell happened tonight....I thought Carey Price was the "Go to Guy" against the Leafs???? I thought he never loses against the Leafs???
I'll admit he played a decent game and made a few nice stops in the 1st period....but the way everybody praises him up on these boards....I thought he would win!!!
Let's put you in against the Leafs so we can all laugh at you.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Damn him giving up all those goals.

He was so out of position on the last one I didn't even know where he was!

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

Quote:
I didnt realize it was Carey's job to stop pucks AND score goals

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Let's put you in against the Leafs so we can all laugh at you.

What does me playing net against the Leafs have to do with Carey Price being the Leaf Killer? According to most Price fans on here.....he is the better goalie against the Leafs....if so...how come he didn't win?

Old
02-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
I didnt realize it was Carey's job to stop pucks AND score goals

Its not his job to score goals....but he could have found a way to win.

Old
02-07-2008, 09:34 PM
David_99

Quote:
Its not his job to score goals....but he could have found a way to win.
Slash Sundin?

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Slash Sundin?
Hell yeah....anytime somebody hits Sundin its a good thing. I wish Komisarek would have punched his lights out tonight.....god I hate Sundin. I hate the massive smile of his...he needs to lose a few teeth.