HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tired of Lapierre?

Old
02-08-2008, 06:45 AM
willalong

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
He's a dime a dozen.....I'd rather get rid of Dandenault Begin Brisebois Latendresse and Boullion.

If Montreal can somehow turn Latendresse into Hossa that would be great.

Latendresse
Emelin
Ryder
1st rounder

for Hossa
Get rid of em all......Will you send that order in for that dozen...here's my dime...get rid of all your extra players and bring in some more players to whine about.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 08:26 AM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
The way he reaches out with the stick and then tries to puch his a$$ into the player makes me think of Zednik...we all know how many he scored doing that. Missed more than he ever converted, at least that was his game though.

I have always said Lappy is expendable, players like him are a dime a dozen. Difference with him and Chip, Chip is a leader and Captain material and has more offensive upside and a better 2-way game.
That being said, I think he's a non-factor, skates around like a chicken with it's head cut off. And I can't stand cocky players that tease around and then run to hide.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 02-08-2008 at 09:42 AM.
JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 08:42 AM
peperebougon*

Maxime lapierre: 22 years old.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Shut the hell up!

That being said, I think he's a non-factor, skates around like a chicken with it's head cut off. And I can't stand cocky players that tease around and then run to hide.
+1.I know I shouldn't be saying this but I hope he gets a real good beating.I think he needs it.It's real funny when he pretends to take his gloves off and then just sprints to the bench!!

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 08:50 AM
habfan4

I think he needs to get his nose dirty far more often than he has been, Lapierre is at his best when he's taking other players' off their game. What I do like is that he and his line mates are still fore-checking and back-checking hard which is all you really can ask of them.

In terms of his shoot or pass decisions, if I'm Carbo or Muller I simply tell him to take the puck straight to the net (a la Jason Blake) and look to draw penalties or to collect garbage goals/offensive zone face offs.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 09:10 AM
brownman*

He has zero defensive awareness...he hustles...but he has no idea where he's hustling.

Anyone take note that Lapierre and Latendresse are always noticeably failing to collapse on pucks in the defensive zone when it's so painfully obvious that they should? At least they're young (and at least Lats has hands and relative vision) but if they were veterans I'd have scolded their arses right off 'em.

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 09:14 AM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
He has zero defensive awareness...he hustles...but he has no idea where he's hustling.

Anyone take note that Lapierre and Latendresse are always noticeably failing to collapse on pucks in the defensive zone when it's so painfully obvious that they should? At least they're young (and at least Lats has hands and relative vision) but if they were veterans I'd have scolded their arses right off 'em.
It's funny I'd agree that he has difficulties picking up his man or the trailer on a play, but on the point he has a knack for anticipating and cutting off the cross ice pass. So I guess I'd say he's not totally inept defensively.

Last edited by habfan4: 02-08-2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: typo
habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote