HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vote For Your Favorite Hockey Bar

Old
02-08-2008, 02:29 PM
darrmd

vCash: 500
Vote For Your Favorite Hockey Bar

Guys it that time of year and Columbus Alive is having there annual Vote for Favorite Bars. Some of the catagories this year are Best Bar to Watch Hockey. Please vote and help a Hockey Bar out.

http://www.columbusalive.com/?sec=lo...stof_2008.html

Don't forget about Monday the 11th either where you can win CBJ Tickets and get the new swimsuit edition before anyone else.

Hope to see everyone tonight to watch the Jackets feast on some shark fins, we will have the game on with surround sound.

darrmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 02:51 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Done.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 02:55 PM
FiveHole23

Been to the RBAR a few times, loved it. So voted.

FiveHole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Are there any bars other than this one to watch hockey?

I was in B-Dub's near Georgesville Road last saturday night and they have like 6 big screens on the OSU basketball game but none on the CBJ-Wild game. it was insane.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Halfboard
mmmm, beer

Why even have a vote...........

It's the R-Bar by a country mile!

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 03:16 PM
darrmd

There are other things to vote on also, best shot - stinger bomb, best staff, etc. Make sure that we hit them all.

Old
02-08-2008, 03:26 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Is Frog Bear a choice? That's my favorite!

There's a real hockey bar for ya!

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 03:36 PM
DougKnowsBest

i voted rbar for all aplicable categories. including best drag show

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 05:39 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

More Direct Link: http://www.columbusalive.com/?sec=lo...nightlife.html

Read carefully! I don't think Mike wants to win "Best Hookah Bar."

(Or does he?)

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 08:24 PM
DougKnowsBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
More Direct Link: http://www.columbusalive.com/?sec=lo...nightlife.html

Read carefully! I don't think Mike wants to win "Best Hookah Bar."

(Or does he?)
you dont get the title "best bar ever" without catering to all different neeeds

DougKnowsBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
For hockey it's the Rbar hands down...... I will be honest though and say I have watched hockey games in a other Columbus bars have had a good time in a semi hockey atmosphere, but no bar equals the R as far as the hockey environment and the great hockey fans you can find there..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 09:31 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Are there any bars other than this one to watch hockey?
Grandview Cafe is good, too, especially if your not right next to the arena and if you want to eat while you drink and watch the game.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 12:41 AM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
For hockey it's the Rbar hands down...... I will be honest though and say I have watched hockey games in a other Columbus bars have had a good time in a semi hockey atmosphere, but no bar equals the R as far as the hockey environment and the great hockey fans you can find there..
What other bars have you enjoyed a "semi hockey atmosphere", because I have lived here for 12 years and been from one end of the city to the next and haven't found another "hockey bar" other than the R Bar, Frog Bear is not a hockey bar, it's a meat market that attempts to be a hockey bar only on home game nights.

I have had to ask BW3, The Crown, Winking Lizard and tons more to just plain put the game on when they have one, usually they have poker or Friends on with no regard that there is a Jackets game going on. Very frustrating.

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 01:02 AM
JACKETS! on the PP

Rbar hands down... Avoid 5th on King. I was there Thursday for the CBJ-Phoenix game. The game was on a few TVs but no one was paying attention to it. I went crazy when Chimera scored his shorty and I looked around and everyone was freakin' clueless.

I was ashamed and couldn't believe that there wasn't another soul in that bar that gave a ***** about the game.

JACKETS! on the PP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post
What other bars have you enjoyed a "semi hockey atmosphere", because I have lived here for 12 years and been from one end of the city to the next and haven't found another "hockey bar" other than the R Bar, Frog Bear is not a hockey bar, it's a meat market that attempts to be a hockey bar only on home game nights.

I have had to ask BW3, The Crown, Winking Lizard and tons more to just plain put the game on when they have one, usually they have poker or Friends on with no regard that there is a Jackets game going on. Very frustrating.
Oh man, I'm horrible with bar names but I've had great pre and post hockey times with hockey fans at the Frog, OShannys, the blue line bar, that place on Neil street (if it's still there), Gordon Birsch (sp), Brothers....hell, I've even had some good times with other Jacket fans at Mitchells (sp). Those places are not considered hockey bars per say but if you have enough Jacket fans together before or after a game that's an atmosphere, and that's what I mean't.

There are no dedicated hockey bars in Columbus with hockey stuff on the walls, NHL Center ice 24/7 and all that stuff other than the Rbar....none. But I've been in what I would call a "semi hockey atmosphere" other than the Rbar.

Last edited by Robert: 02-09-2008 at 01:33 AM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Kfarschman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post

High Becks is a pretty great place to watch Hockey too. Actually it's a great bar in general. It's just south of down town at the corner of High and Beck (duh). The two guys that co-own it are great and usually one of them is bartending. I forget their names but the owner with glasses has played hockey I think his whole life and about a month ago was bartending with a broken arm from a hockey injury.

It has two well set up, well light, not in the way dart boards, a foosball table (the good kind with slanted corners and one goalie) that is no charge, a pool table and a freakin ping pong table. Mondays they have free pizza all night. They make all kinds of different pizzas too, not just cheese or something to be cheap about it. Sometimes though the pizza is destroyed the second it comes out by a bunch of vultures but they'll have another one cooking ready to come out in about 10 mins.

I like the RBar alot, but I really like High Beck too. It's locally owned, divey (in a good way) and just good times. I may sound like a commercial but i love darts, foosball, hockey, and free pizza so the place won my heart.

RBar still rules for pre-game and knowledgeable hockey fans though.

Kfarschman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 12:12 PM
wonderjacket

This one is easy. Any bar with Al Cohol present. I love that guy\

wonderjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Voted for you in every section, even Best Yoga Studio

Old
02-09-2008, 07:58 PM
darrmd

High Beck is a great bar, I voted for Grandview for best Bar Food. That is my secret hiding spot but I guess it's not a secret anymore.

Old
02-09-2008, 11:15 PM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Oh man, I'm horrible with bar names but I've had great pre and post hockey times with hockey fans at the Frog, OShannys, the blue line bar, that place on Neil street (if it's still there), Gordon Birsch (sp), Brothers....hell, I've even had some good times with other Jacket fans at Mitchells (sp). Those places are not considered hockey bars per say but if you have enough Jacket fans together before or after a game that's an atmosphere, and that's what I mean't.

There are no dedicated hockey bars in Columbus with hockey stuff on the walls, NHL Center ice 24/7 and all that stuff other than the Rbar....none. But I've been in what I would call a "semi hockey atmosphere" other than the Rbar.
Thanks for the info, I was talking more along the lines of bars away from the arena district on away game nights. I know all those bars are hopping after the home games, I have been in Gordon Biercsh before when there was an away game and they didn't have it on any tv's. I haven't found any bars outside arena district that has the game on, when it starts and without me asking to put it on.

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote