HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Huet come back to Montreal!!

Old
02-07-2008, 02:17 PM
kovalev47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
How many Hamilton games did you watch in the AHL playoffs, cause i watched most of them....

It was quite simply one of the most dominant playoff performances i have ever seen. The dogs were often outshot but Price was stealing games left and right last year in those playoffs. He was absolutely well deserved as MVP of those playoffs. And to say just about anybody could have gone to Hamilton and won with that team is completely and utterly false. Price was the man last year in the playoffs.
Halak was dominating the AHL before he got called up to the NHL too. Halak would have won the Calder Cup too I bet. However, that chance was taken away from him. Halak was playing really well in the AHL recently and then had to come sit on the bench for 3 weeks instead of face the leafs.

Also why does Halak have way better numbers in the AHL than Price even though they play behind the same team? Huet has better numbers than Price early in the season and people still thought Price is better. I just don't understand how people can say Price is playing better than Huet or Halak as of right now. Why not give the opportunity to the goalies that are playing better now? What wrong would it have been for Price to spend a few seasons in the AHL until he has proven himself there?

If people argue that Price has a good record versus the Leafs it can be argued that Halak is unbeaten at home so he should play versus the Leafs at home.

kovalev47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 02:19 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev47 View Post
Halak was dominating the AHL before he got called up to the NHL too. Halak would have won the Calder Cup too I bet. However, that chance was taken away from him. Halak was playing really well in the AHL recently and then had to come sit on the bench for 3 weeks instead of face the leafs.

Also why does Halak have way better numbers in the AHL than Price even though they play behind the same team? Huet has better numbers than Price early in the season and people still thought Price is better. I just don't understand how people can say Price is playing better than Huet or Halak as of right now. Why not give the opportunity to the goalies that are playing better now? What wrong would it have been for Price to spend a few seasons in the AHL until he has proven himself there?

If people argue that Price has a good record versus the Leafs it can be argued that Halak is unbeaten at home so he should play versus the Leafs at home.
Good, so a tandem of Price and Halak should do just fine.

loudi94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev47 View Post

well if we ignore the two back to backs where the bulldogs left Price out to dry and he had just got sent down to find his game, Price would have better numbers.

Two games ruin his stats, thats why stats aren't everything... especially in a small sample size.

You also have to think that being sent down might have had an emotional impact on Price and those early games are not as good an indicator as his last 4 games were he was great (absolutely stellar in the last 2). With Halak having sat on the bench for 1 month and Price hot, I think Price is playing better right now.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
And in true HFboards fashion the facts of your post are ignored by everyone except a handful of people (in all fairness cristobal huet found it "interesting") in order to continue a childish game of "my dads' better than your dad" between two paternal brothers.
Now you know why you don't see me post a lot

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 03:36 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by willalong View Post
I agree with you, however, if the right deal comes along and Price is looking comfortable, the trade will be made. If too little is offered he will stay until after the playoff run as insurance.

Price is too good for the AHL and is pretty much ready to show what he can do at the NHL level. If he gets in a groove for a few games people will realize what they have. This is a game to game thing and not 2 to3 years as some people seem to want to believe.

You would not keep the Kostitsyn brothers down for 2 or 3 years and they are not at Carey Prices level.
Not a chance that Huet gets traded before the deadline considering where we are in the standing, he is our clear #1, appreaciated from everyone in the locker room, a good vet for the kids with a winning attitude, you just cant trade your vet goaltender at this point of the season, its not like we are desesperately fighting for a playoffs spot and that our chances are slim, we are in and we need Huet to go as far as possible in playoffs, next season is another one..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
You sign Huet for 3 years and promise him he will be traded if Price takes over as #1. Financial and career security...not like there are 50 #1 calibre guys and only 30 jobs...I only see about 20 legit #1 goalies. Teams like TB Ottawa LA Washington Nashville etc could all use better goaltending.
Exactly. Huet will be offered a very fair contract and will be given all assurances that if Carey out-performs him, he won't rot on the bench. They'll trade him and find him a new home.

I can pretty much guarantee that it won't be a situation of Huet sucking and then getting traded, so if he signs a reasonable contract, he should be able to find a new home pretty easily. It won't happen until Price wins it from him, and I expect that won't be decided as early as training camp, it will be mid way through NEXT year.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 06:44 AM
14hockey14

I was saying.........

No, I trying to say is that Huet re-signs or we are tost.

14hockey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 07:16 AM
GNick42

Huet is like Souray last year....not only in that each are headed towards UFA. Both are good player no doubt...but not the man! In other words he is not going to be the difference for us. Now is the time to make the move while rentals' trade value are sky high. Jimmy Rutherford said too many buyers....few sellers. It's the king's ransom out there. If we would have done this with Souray last year we would be sitting pretty right now.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Cristobal Huet

Send a message via MSN to Cristobal Huet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
Huet is like Souray last year....not only in that each are headed towards UFA. Both are good player no doubt...but not the man! In other words he is not going to be the difference for us. Now is the time to make the move while rentals' trade value are sky high. Jimmy Rutherford said too many buyers....few sellers. It's the king's ransom out there. If we would have done this with Souray last year we would be sitting pretty right now.
The thing is, you're wrong, Huet is the man, he's the #1 and he's a damn good goaltender.
I can't believe you're comparing this to Souray when it has no relation whatsoever!

Again...WE are the team that should be acquiring rentals, not selling them, WE are a few points away from FIRST place in the East, why on earth would we trade our #1 goalie?
Because it gets you a rental and leaves you with 2 young, inexperienced and inconsistent not-ready for #1 rookies?

Makes sense.

Cristobal Huet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post

The hbas lost Souray and got Hamrlik and ended up in better shape...there are no better goalies than Huet on the UFA market this summer...Theodore Kolzig Holmquist Hedberg Lalime Thibeault Hasek Joseph...nobody in their right mind takes one of those ahead of Huet.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 08:19 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Watching last night's game has me convinced. Huet will start the playoffs for Montreal, but I think management wants to see Price play in the big games. Like Dryden, Penney, Roy, and Theodore,- Price will be handed the torch. Now, if Huet shines, then Price rides the bench and there's a parade in June, otherwise Price will be in goal for the last game of the season.

Do I agree with doing this? I've seen enough young goalie magic in Montreal to not discount it.

loudi94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 12:57 PM
baldrick

Gainey better sign him, Price isn't ready and Halak won't be given a chance. Gainey's fixation on Price could be very, very costly.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 06:20 PM
GNick42

If Gainey trades for a big name player like Hossa or Tanguay, definitely means the end for Huet in Montreal. No way he can add a big salary like that and then give Huet big bucks also. Like Huet will command getting this close to UFA. If Huet is done after this season in Montreal(which I think it is), I would deal him for a package of draft picks.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote