HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Personal Attack Threads

Old
02-08-2008, 10:14 AM
brownman*

vCash: 500
Hey man who are you to tell me whether or not I can hate this team??

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Habs Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Love the call-out threads. As much as I agree, people are entitled to vent. These threads should die down later today, when the talk will start becoming about a trade rumour or something else until the game tomorrow.

I generally avoid the forum after a loss. Maybe that will work for you, too.
Sounds like a plan... lol

Habs Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Kalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Man View Post
I have to admit that I may not post all that often on this board, but I definitely read it every day... I have to say, that it's with great disgust that I write this post.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?????? I know that it isn't everyone on this board, but the negativity that runs rampant through it is terrible. You'd think that we were in last place in the NHL with negative all of you people are.

It starts with the hate that everyone here seems to be putting out for Saku... Do none of you realize that although he does need to step up his game a bit, that he's a product of his line mates? Ryder ---> NOT SCORING ---> Higgins ---> NOT SCORING... Saku Koivu is a PLAYMAKING centre... he's no Alex Ovechkin 50 goal per year guy. WAKE UP!!! I think that Carbo has done a terrific job so far this year, but it was a huge mistake in my opinion to separate the 3 when they were struggling this year. Keeping them together and giving them a vote of confidence was what they needed more than anything.

Hossa... would probably be a good fit on the wing here... Qustion for you people though: IF we have to give up Higgins for him (Which I'm completely against) do you realize the domino effect? Last I checked him and Komisarek were pretty good buddies... even trained together in New York were they both reside in the off season. You trade Chris, you lose Mike down the line.... CHRIS HIGGINS ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE. He bleads bleu-blanc-rouge... guys like that are hard to come by.

We lost to the lowly Leafs... ARE YOU ALL SURPRISED????? Not that the team should drop the ball against a team like that, but they just came off an 8-0 thrashing on home ice against the Panthers, and I have no doubt that everybody's mind, including my own, was on the game taking place Saturday... RELAX! It's one FU***** game.

There's waaaaaaaaaaaay too much negativity from you people and that's not a good thing. Have a little faith and belief in this team. They are going to surprise everyone.
Maybe the fact that Koivu keeps passing the puck to the other teams wingers instead of his own may play a factor in why his wingers are not scoring?

C'mon man. Everyone knows that Koivu isn't playing his best hockey of late. Don't lay the blame on others. If he was such a great playmaker then he'd make the guys around him better! Afterall, isn't that what great playmakers do?

Kalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

I have learned to restrain myself from visiting HF after a loss.

You should do it too. It's much better for your mental health.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 10:18 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post

I have started to do the same thing as it is realyl getting out of hand.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 10:23 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

You won't lose Komi just because Higgins is traded. These guys are big boys, they know it's part of the game. If your theory was the case we'd lose them both to the Islanders to play with DiPietro as soon as they hit UFA anyway.

Brothers on the other hand....

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 10:28 AM
BadHabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcon View Post
Maybe the fact that Koivu keeps passing the puck to the other teams wingers instead of his own may play a factor in why his wingers are not scoring?

C'mon man. Everyone knows that Koivu isn't playing his best hockey of late. Don't lay the blame on others. If he was such a great playmaker then he'd make the guys around him better! Afterall, isn't that what great playmakers do?
Agree 100%. Look at how Kovalev is controlling his line... we need something similar to that from Koivu. Face it, Kostitsyn, Ryder, Higgins, etc are not top 3 wingers. They need to have someone good setting them up to realize their potential.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Man View Post
I have to admit that I may not post all that often on this board, but I definitely read it every day... I have to say, that it's with great disgust that I write this post.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?????? I know that it isn't everyone on this board, but the negativity that runs rampant through it is terrible. You'd think that we were in last place in the NHL with negative all of you people are.

It starts with the hate that everyone here seems to be putting out for Saku... Do none of you realize that although he does need to step up his game a bit, that he's a product of his line mates? Ryder ---> NOT SCORING ---> Higgins ---> NOT SCORING... Saku Koivu is a PLAYMAKING centre... he's no Alex Ovechkin 50 goal per year guy. WAKE UP!!! I think that Carbo has done a terrific job so far this year, but it was a huge mistake in my opinion to separate the 3 when they were struggling this year. Keeping them together and giving them a vote of confidence was what they needed more than anything.

Hossa... would probably be a good fit on the wing here... Qustion for you people though: IF we have to give up Higgins for him (Which I'm completely against) do you realize the domino effect? Last I checked him and Komisarek were pretty good buddies... even trained together in New York were they both reside in the off season. You trade Chris, you lose Mike down the line.... CHRIS HIGGINS ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE. He bleads bleu-blanc-rouge... guys like that are hard to come by.

We lost to the lowly Leafs... ARE YOU ALL SURPRISED????? Not that the team should drop the ball against a team like that, but they just came off an 8-0 thrashing on home ice against the Panthers, and I have no doubt that everybody's mind, including my own, was on the game taking place Saturday... RELAX! It's one FU***** game.

There's waaaaaaaaaaaay too much negativity from you people and that's not a good thing. Have a little faith and belief in this team. They are going to surprise everyone.
I have been on these boards for as long as anyone and it has only become worse. When HF was first established there was a much higher percentage of knowledgeable, intelligent posters. These knee-jerk clowns who pollute these boards with their mindless, uninformed, childish babble were the minority and now they have become the majority. I can even remember some of the handles of the posters who used to be the bane of these boards (some are still here but have improved). There is a much younger demographic on HF than there used to be and this inevitably results in alot of silly posts.

There are still alot of very good posters on these boards and you just have to patiently sift through the crap while looking for them. To be honest, the over enthusiasm is just as annoying as the uber-negativity. How many man-crush, appreciation threads do we have to have on this forum. I hope these people realize that the Canadiens are made up of MEN and it is flat out gay to give them little pet names and create threads in their honour. People unreasonably defend some players as though they actually squeezed them out of there own urethra. On the flip-side they vehemently attack other players as though they have come to realize that this was the creepy Uncle who used to pay them late night visits.

Can't we all just channel all of this crazy energy into actually trying to learn and understand this game.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Stephen Locke*

I have been not a experienced and relatively well-established veteran as most posters on here,but I've been reading it since early 2006 and honestly,this board particularly is going downhill fast.

This board is deterioriating at a certain degree and it's sad to observe it so.Personal ,ignorant,truly pathetic and misguided attacks at players(see Koivu out thread upboards)aren't certainly contributing positively,exactly like the public bashing of posters who occurs at times.It seems that there is no room to analyze rationally step by step,using at least thought or even having fun discussing hockey without the redundant bellayaching,pointerfingering and whining.Many people interpret things to a extreme and exaggerated point of view ,no place to middle ground and rational,objective thought.I'm perhaps as bad as those people mentioned,
I'm not here to offer sermons,in that case,I apologizeJust offer my take on this discussion.

Even though this team is definitely not deceiving and performing at a point they exceed expectations,the atmosphere is still vehemently hostile and most people are seemingly in need to complain or bash something.I really can't concede it.Seriously.Do we need to maintain this frustrating environnment around?We're all Habs fans,we are in a HF community,I presume,suppose we should all get along without having opportunity to take shots at each other.I perfectly know there is a large contingent of people on HF and it demonstrates different levels of knowledge of the game and maturity,but at a point we have to be very respectful each other and in general in most discussions and debates.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Stephen Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post

I'll consider that option in the future.

Stephen Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 05:13 PM
znk

There is a way to voice your opinion about a player without acting like a caveman or like a 5 year old kid making a scene.

Using upper case followed by 53 exclamation points is best reserved for sarcasm and humour.

Otherwise I cant read the post....because all I see is this...

And all I can think of is....

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 05:56 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Though, the real hero of Star Wars is Wedge... he's the ****.
Pfft... Wedge was a wuss... The real star of Star Wars is Boba Fett... Nobody messes with the Fettman!

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Let's not forget about all the NEFs too... they're a big part of the whole 'movie critique' genre of Habs fan.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote