HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brock Trotter Signs with Habs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2008, 08:14 PM
  #76
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,738
vCash: 500
Maybe it's as simple as Gainey caring about the Bulldogs. Any cup run for them is great for our prospects.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 08:33 PM
  #77
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,874
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Whats interresting is this guys stats COMPLETELY outshine JT Wymans at the NCAA level AND hes younger... and were all freaking out on Wyman, but he DOES have size on his side over Trotter

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 10:14 PM
  #78
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 6,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Whats interresting is this guys stats COMPLETELY outshine JT Wymans at the NCAA level AND hes younger... and were all freaking out on Wyman, but he DOES have size on his side over Trotter
Size AND speed.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 11:25 PM
  #79
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
They got Russel for Maxwell and now Trotter for White. Habs seem to love doing these thing. When both go to the AHL next year, they'll each have someone they're familiar with that has learned the ropes. This will help them get used to the pro hockey transition faster and a bit smoother. Brilliant.
Couldn't had said it better. I'm loving this youth movement.

They should combined the TV media aspect. Have a weekly report would be nice.

otto bond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2008, 11:51 PM
  #80
keepcalmandbeninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Whats interresting is this guys stats COMPLETELY outshine JT Wymans at the NCAA level AND hes younger... and were all freaking out on Wyman, but he DOES have size on his side over Trotter
Cool point, however from what I have read his top speed is not something to write home about...

keepcalmandbeninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 12:01 AM
  #81
Pere Noel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Guys, calm down he's not Marian Hossa.
You are right, but at the same time, you could have said the exact same thing if someone was getting excited about Paul Stastny when he was 19.

Curiously enough, Brock has almost the same record than Stastny at Denver University.

Stastny had seasons of :

42 points in 40 games then
53 in 39 games

Brock had
40 points in 40 games then
31 points in 24 games (that's like 50 in 39)

Not that I am saying that he will turn into Paul Statsny, but I am excited to see that we are the one giving him a chance and jumping on the opportunity and not another team.

I prefer that we risk it (and really what are we risking), then to say "Oh we should have tried..." if he'd turned out to be good within another team.

Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 12:05 AM
  #82
random_guy92
 
random_guy92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
I prefer that we risk it (and really what are we risking), then to say "Oh we should have tried..." if he'd turned out to be good within another team.
Great point. It can't hurt. Either he doesn't pan out, and it doesn't cost us anything, and if it does pan out, we get a NHL player for nothing.

random_guy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 12:08 AM
  #83
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg
 
Souffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Le Creuset
Country: France
Posts: 3,485
vCash: 500
Who knows how this Trotter fellow will turn out. But I agree with Pere Noel that it's always good to try. Good teams find players. NJ has done it for years. Penner was picked up by Anaheim as a UFA. It just takes one to make it all worthwhile. Even a guy like Danis has been a pretty good pick-up for the organization, even though he's probably a permanent AHLer/3rd string NHLer.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 01:05 AM
  #84
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post
You are right, but at the same time, you could have said the exact same thing if someone was getting excited about Paul Stastny when he was 19.

Curiously enough, Brock has almost the same record than Stastny at Denver University.

Stastny had seasons of :

42 points in 40 games then
53 in 39 games

Brock had
40 points in 40 games then
31 points in 24 games (that's like 50 in 39)

Not that I am saying that he will turn into Paul Statsny, but I am excited to see that we are the one giving him a chance and jumping on the opportunity and not another team.

I prefer that we risk it (and really what are we risking), then to say "Oh we should have tried..." if he'd turned out to be good within another team.
His stats are very close to Higgins too when he palyed in the NCAA as I noticed earlier....

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=62984

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 08:17 AM
  #85
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
sounds like a porn star name
A gay porn star



After thinking he wouldn't get a shot with the NHL, he's back. Welcome back, Trotter. Never hurts to amass talent. We're due for a budding star.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 01:22 PM
  #86
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,821
vCash: 500
http://thespec.com/Sports/Local%20Sports/article/322501

at the end of the article:
Quote:
Hamilton Bulldogs general manager Julien Brisebois said Trotter was considered the most prized free agent in U.S. college hockey and all 30 NHL teams were after him.

Brisebois admitted he was a little surprised, however, when Trotter, who was midway through his junior year, elected to leave college early and pursue hockey full timefull-time.

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 02:05 PM
  #87
fromage67
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
My favorite quote from the TSN article:

Quote:
Arnott said the Canadiens ''did a really good job selling their work with young prospects and giving them opportunities in the NHL. He also really wanted to play for an Original Six team.''
This is how you build a solid franchise. Well done.

fromage67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 02:13 PM
  #88
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
Who knows how this Trotter fellow will turn out. But I agree with Pere Noel that it's always good to try. Good teams find players. NJ has done it for years. Penner was picked up by Anaheim as a UFA. It just takes one to make it all worthwhile. Even a guy like Danis has been a pretty good pick-up for the organization, even though he's probably a permanent AHLer/3rd string NHLer.
Kunitz was an undrafted FA also.

It's nice to darft well but also good to keep an eye out for undrafted guys that bloom later.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 10:42 PM
  #89
Form and Substance
Registered User
 
Form and Substance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Brock Trotter scouting report?

Hey guys, does anyone know what kind of player he is? He's pretty tiny according to hockeydb (which I know is a bad source for height and weight) but seems to have done really well in the 3 years he's played for Denver. The WCHA is the NCAA league I watch the most yet I never bother watching Denver games.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 11:00 PM
  #90
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 45,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
Hey guys, does anyone know what kind of player he is? He's pretty tiny according to hockeydb (which I know is a bad source for height and weight) but seems to have done really well in the 3 years he's played for Denver. The WCHA is the NCAA league I watch the most yet I never bother watching Denver games.
He's listed at 5'10, 180 most places I think.

He's apparently really arrogant and cocky. But he's got skill to back it up.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 11:02 PM
  #91
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,086
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
He's listed at 5'10, 180 most places I think.

He's apparently really arrogant and cocky. But he's got skill to back it up.
Really? Timmins said he was a "super nice young man"

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 01:09 AM
  #92
Form and Substance
Registered User
 
Form and Substance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Well what's his game like? Is he a speedster? A skill player a la Corey Locke? TJ Hensick lite?

I'm genuinely interested because we rarely sign amateur players in mid season.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 01:14 AM
  #93
vesperal
Registered User
 
vesperal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
Hey guys, does anyone know what kind of player he is? He's pretty tiny according to hockeydb (which I know is a bad source for height and weight) but seems to have done really well in the 3 years he's played for Denver. The WCHA is the NCAA league I watch the most yet I never bother watching Denver games.
All the info you could want is in this thread (now residing on page 2) :
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=475350

vesperal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 01:35 AM
  #94
Form and Substance
Registered User
 
Form and Substance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
why did I not see that? Thanks!

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.