HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

lundqivst

Old
02-09-2008, 04:48 PM
jay from jersey

vCash: 500
lundqivst

Hey guys i have been a long time reader of these boards just made a name a few days ago. Now before you pass judgement and say im just making stupid trade proposals let me say first and foremost that this is not a trade henrik thread. I think he is awesome. Now this is where my idea is going.....
Let's say a team like the kings offer hank a 8 Mill dollar a year offer sheet and he for somereasons signs it. Would it be the worst thing in the world to not resign him?

Its gives the rangers a shot at stamkos plus more draft pick and they have montoya waiting in the wings. Vally showing that he can play and the emergence of Mikka Wikman. i have been too a lot of wolf pack games I think Monty is just waiting for his shot at the show thats why his numbers are down this year. I guess in my words you can say that he is bored down there.
It makes sense for the kings because of their stong young core Kopitar, O sully, frolov Brown,Johnson,etc. Plus if they trade blake nagy and other vets it allows them to get some picks back.
From a ranger standpoint hank goes out west where he canno kill them.

Just looking for some feedback so please be gentle and i DO believe hank is a top 5 goaltender in this league but i also believe Monty needs to be able to show himself on the big stage. Lemme know how ya feel?

jay from jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 04:52 PM
Nich

considering we'd get what, 3 first round choices from la, including probably a few top 10 picks, no it wouldnt be

but i doubt la would be willing to lose those picks so no need to think about it

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 04:53 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

The Rangers should extend Henrik way before free agency starts, but crazier things happen. That said, any offer sheet thrown at Henrik should be matched, unless it's a 9 million/year deal that the Rangers can't fit under the cap. However, if Slats is smart, he extends Henrik in the coming month.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 05:10 PM
jay from jersey

i agree but.....

gomez salary plus drury salary plus a huge offer sheet to hank.. if resigned could pose a huge problem of the rangers getting some scoring wingers.
Ex .Hossa

The 3 firts would allow them to draft a dynamo winger in the upcoming draft plus 2 others which im sure 1 would be a goalie prospoect and it doesn't handcuff the rangers if they want to spend some cash. There main need is someone who can put the puck in the back of the Dam net followed by a big physical winger who doesn't take any ****. I believe with Renny defensive system a lot of goalies can win on the rangers. Plus you know Rozival is going to get a raise.

jay from jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Nich

except one thing, goal tending wins championships

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Celestial Black

Vally is a good back up who could easily play more games but not as a full season goalie for the rangers. Monty is inconsistent and injury prone which would not be good for our team. It was one of the reasons why he wasn't starting as back up but Vally was. In the preseason games Monty was not good at all. Vally was strong and focused.

Now I would not want to see Lundy on another team and I doubt it would happen, even if we could potentially get some great potential players from the draft. it would be a bad idea on the rangers part.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2008, 07:51 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay from jersey View Post
Hey guys i have been a long time reader of these boards just made a name a few days ago. Now before you pass judgement and say im just making stupid trade proposals let me say first and foremost that this is not a trade henrik thread. I think he is awesome. Now this is where my idea is going.....
Let's say a team like the kings offer hank a 8 Mill dollar a year offer sheet and he for somereasons signs it. Would it be the worst thing in the world to not resign him?
Its gives the rangers a shot at stamkos plus more draft pick and they have montoya waiting in the wings. Vally showing that he can play and the emergence of Mikka Wikman. i have been too a lot of wolf pack games I think Monty is just waiting for his shot at the show thats why his numbers are down this year. I guess in my words you can say that he is bored down there.
It makes sense for the kings because of their stong young core Kopitar, O sully, frolov Brown,Johnson,etc. Plus if they trade blake nagy and other vets it allows them to get some picks back.
From a ranger standpoint hank goes out west where he canno kill them.

Just looking for some feedback so please be gentle and i DO believe hank is a top 5 goaltender in this league but i also believe Monty needs to be able to show himself on the big stage. Lemme know how ya feel?
Yes. The Rangers need to resign him. Not directed towards you in any way, but some times all you guys baffle my mind, god forbid Hank goes through a slump and everyones talking about letting him walk. C'mon guys...he deserves better than that. We all know what he is capable of, and he will without a doubt be resigned shortly and all this nonsence about trading and letting him sign elsewhere will be over and done with. Now watch Henrik play tommorow and put up a 50 save effort, #1 star, and completly steal 2 points. Then lets see what everyone says.

02-09-2008, 07:59 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

I'm not putting Valiquette, or Montoya, or Wikiiakdiamdan (however the hell you spell it) or any of the available goaltenders around the league 70 times a year more than I put in Lundqvist. So yes, it is CRUCIAL that you re-sign him.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote