HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Fantasy Hockey pool guides 2016-2017

Old
08-16-2016, 03:53 PM
Toronto Blue Jays
Eichel's Wheelhouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles72 View Post
I used to do the same thing for the sports forecaster magazine and decided the gas and time I'm wasting pretty much equalled the 6.95 shipping charge to order it online / delivered right to my door 2 days later.

otoh , I found that my local wal-mart stocks a pretty good sport section in their book/magazine section of the store so maybe give them a whirl
Found it today, about to read it soon!

Toronto Blue Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2016, 03:01 PM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

vCash: 2405
I don't play fantasy pools but was wondering which is the best one to get as an yearbook, I'm guessing it's still the Forecaster because of their profiles? I don't think the THN does individual profiles even in their yearbook, just general projections and I know McKeen's does have scouting reports but it omits a bunch of players from them.

Nalens Oga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2016, 11:28 AM
SonicY
Daydream Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elever View Post
I don't play fantasy pools but was wondering which is the best one to get as an yearbook, I'm guessing it's still the Forecaster because of their profiles? I don't think the THN does individual profiles even in their yearbook, just general projections and I know McKeen's does have scouting reports but it omits a bunch of players from them.
I really like THN's Yearbook (moreso than their fantasy one) because it has high publication quality (images, graphics, etc.), and allows for contributions from local writers - making the write-ups in-depth and opinionated, instead of stale and expected.

SonicY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2016, 10:09 PM
Leviathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elever View Post
Check out Dobber. Only comes in digital, but you get free updates well into the season as things change. Those guys don't leave any stone unturned. You might think it's less legit because it isn't in print, but Dobber and his team write for THN and Sportsnet. They're good at what they do.

Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2016, 11:16 PM
JoakimTheSavior
Go Sharks!

vCash: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by WobblyPop View Post
Has anyone tried Steve's Cheat Sheet? http://www.stevescheatsheet.ca He uses all the below sports magazines in a cross reference sheet to help speed research.
There is absolutely no way that that is legal.

JoakimTheSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2016, 12:03 PM
cpitcher

Is McKeens coming out with a paper magazine? If I want digital, there are too many free options so I wont pay for the service. Now a paper magazine, I prefer McKeens when they published, second would be the Forcaster followed by THN in a distant third.

cpitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2016, 12:14 PM
Zorro

any guides that take into account 'keepers'?

Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2016, 08:23 AM
Leviathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
any guides that take into account 'keepers'?
McKeens has a top keepers ranking. Forecaster breaks down when young players will make the NHL team by team.

Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2016, 06:26 PM
sportsdynasty

I prefer the projections and strategies from NHLTR

http://www.nhltraderumors.me/p/fanta...key-guide.html

sportsdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2016, 09:10 PM
MBJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpitcher View Post
Is McKeens coming out with a paper magazine? If I want digital, there are too many free options so I wont pay for the service. Now a paper magazine, I prefer McKeens when they published, second would be the Forcaster followed by THN in a distant third.
I wish they bring back there printed magazine but I can't see that happening.

MBJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2016, 09:55 AM
Deebs
NO MORE RUSSIANS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpitcher View Post
Which ones do you use? I've never used anything besides THN and Sportsnet, but I'm thinking of giving one of the digital version listed in the original post.

I see the Sportsnet Pool Guide came out yesterday

Deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2016, 12:59 PM
jaleesi

"Hockey the Magazine"... Guides

Last edited by jaleesi: 10-09-2016 at 12:17 AM.
jaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2016, 07:21 PM
parm09

If anyone is willing to trade hockey guides send me a dm. I have the hockey news guide up for trade. Thanks.

parm09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2016, 11:59 AM
Fozz

McKeen's used to have the best player write-ups of all publications. Now, they've totally changed their approach and concentrate solely on the silly stats. Nothing on the skills, strengths and weaknesses of players like they did so well... Very disappointing.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2016, 05:45 PM
FantasyRef

For any of those interested I created a statistical review of the projections from 6 guides for the 15/16 season. I plan on doing it every year from here on out. Will include LeftWingLock this season.

McKeens had the best Rank Predictions last year, and TSN (Scott Cullen) had the best Pts Predictions and (2nd Best Rank predictions).

I examined 5 categories - Pts, G, A, Wins, Shutouts.

http://fantasyref.ca/rankings/

FantasyRef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2016, 05:46 PM
FantasyRef

No More SO Predictions

One thing that I have noticed this season is the absence of SO predictions for both McKeens and TSN. Very interesting.... I still think SO are used in most leagues?? More so than SV%... which both included in projections.

Old
09-24-2016, 05:00 PM
rahzar

Which package do you guys recommend for Dobber's? If you buy the $10 guide, do you get in-season updates?

rahzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2016, 09:25 PM
FantasyRef

Depends on how your league is set up

The Ultimate Fantasy Pack has everything for 29.99. Dobber will give updates with Fantasy insight throughout the year for free on his website.

Old
10-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Has anyone bought Fantasy Alarm?

http://www.fantasyalarm.com/nhldraft...ffiliate=yahoo

Is it worthwhile? I would appreciate any comments

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2016, 01:13 PM
turnbullm14

Veterans Day Fantasy Advice - God Bless

Today is Veterans Day. We honor the soldiers who have given the ultimate sacrifice to allow us to live the free life we do today. Today we ignore the Colin Kaepernick type who find it "necessary" to disrespect our country and our soldiers. Today we are thankful to be free and thankful to be able to offer up some Veterans Day NHL Fantasy Picks. These are the types of men who stand for the anthem and respect the heroes whom have given their lives to allow them to play the fastest game on earth: hockey.

Claude Giroux - C - Philadelphia Flyers: The captain is off to a quick start this NHL season with 15 points in 14 games. Expect a good outing tonight against the young team from Toronto, who gave up a seven spot to LA on Tuesday.

2&Ten Fantasy Forecast: PPG, 1A, +1, 3 SOG.

Taylor Hall - LW - New Jersey Devils: After being traded away from the high-flying Oilers, Hall quickly fell into place with the Devils. Through 12 games he is averaging almost 4.5 shots on goal a game. He is firing the puck from all over and it seems to be paying off for him with 9 points in 12 games. Keep an eye out for him tonight with a favorable matchup against the Sabres.

2&Ten Fantasy Forecast: 1G, +1, 4 SOG.

Artemi Panarin - LW - Chicago Blackhawks: A slow start to the season for the "Breadman", but he has started to turn things around. He has 10 points in his last 7 games and looks to add to that total tonight against the Caps.

2&Ten Fantasy Forecast: 2A, 2 PIM, 3 SOG.

WILDCARD PICK: Jordan Eberle - RW - Edmonton Oilers: After a hot start to the year, Eberle has gone through some ups and downs. His last outing was a 3 point effort against the Pens. Lets hope this has jump started a point streak.

2&Ten Fantasy Forecast: 1G, 1A, +1, 3 SOG

Last edited by turnbullm14: 11-11-2016 at 02:02 PM.
turnbullm14 is offline   Reply With Quote