HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Two Pens make HF all rookie team

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2004, 03:23 AM
Evilo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
I think you can argue about him and Snow, but Tugnutt played really well while he was here. Remember, this was best goalie with the Pens....not now.
Tugnutt has had overall a very very average career, and aside from a couple of season in Ottawa (thanks to Martin's system) and a good run with Pittsburgh he's been bad. He's not even playing in Dallas as Turco's backup.
Snow has always been a talented guy in the Aubin mold. But he's proved to be a backup. Aubin IMO has had far less opportunities to shine than Snow and has made out better.

Old
04-17-2004, 03:30 AM
Fleuryfan29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
Tugnutt has had overall a very very average career, and aside from a couple of season in Ottawa (thanks to Martin's system) and a good run with Pittsburgh he's been bad. He's not even playing in Dallas as Turco's backup.
Snow has always been a talented guy in the Aubin mold. But he's proved to be a backup. Aubin IMO has had far less opportunities to shine than Snow and has made out better.
Tugger started the season as Turco's Back-up, but than went down with a season ending injury didn't he?

Old
04-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Evilo

No, he was sent down to the minors. Dallas wanted to buy him out. He refused. Pretty similr to Irbe, except Irbe crawled his way back to the NHL. Tugnutt hasn't yet.

Old
04-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Death To Selfies!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleuryfan29
Caron beat many good quality Goaltenders out for it this year, Most will be #1 goalie on there respective team in the future.
The goalies include:

PHILIPPE SAUVE-Colorado
MICHAEL LEIGHTON- Chicago
KARI LEHTONEN- Atlanta
MIKAEL TELLQVIST- Toronto
ALEXANDER AULD- Vancouver
How many games did Lehtonen and Auld play exactly?

Unfair to put them on the list. You might as well say Caron is better than Fleury since he beat him out...

Old
04-17-2004, 01:11 PM
Der Schweinehund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. kØUkLØs
Garon of the Habs isn't good! He's also older then Theodore.
????

Theodore - born September 13, 1976
Garon - born January 9, 1978

Please research facts before you attempt to use them as some sort of proof or attestation for an argument.

Old
04-17-2004, 02:39 PM
craig1

Quote:

Please see the below quote from above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig1
I think you can argue about him and Snow, but Tugnutt played really well while he was here. Remember, this was best goalie with the Pens....not now.
Again, this was about the time spent with the Pens, not entire careers.....Tugnutt played a really good run for the Pens, and Snow outplayed Aubin, IMO, while he was here.

Old
04-18-2004, 03:47 AM
Evilo

Yes but we're comparing goalies here, you can't really judge a goalie on 3 months of great play and say he's better than another who's played for 5 years.
When Aubin got his two 20 wins seasons, not many people would have taken Tugnutt, Snow or anyone over him. He went down hard after that.

Old
04-18-2004, 01:31 PM
craig1

Quote:
Yes but we're comparing goalies here, you can't really judge a goalie on 3 months of great play and say he's better than another who's played for 5 years.
When Aubin got his two 20 wins seasons, not many people would have taken Tugnutt, Snow or anyone over him. He went down hard after that.
I understand your point, but again, this was only about Pens goalies....meaning while they were Pens players....not before, nor after....just as a Pen.

Old
04-18-2004, 01:53 PM
Parrish

Send a message via MSN to Parrish
I think Aubin sould be brought back(although I doubt it),but at a lower cost.Aubin is a good goalie and he outplayed caron.period.Aubin is very talented and his confidence may be somthing to do with nomader how good he plays CP always wants to replace him.Snow,then Hedberg,then Caron, but guees what Snow and Hedburg are gone and He has outplayed Caron this year.To say that he will be back though is unlikely.

Aubin=Boucher just wait and next year he will be hot with florida and getting shutouts while fleury struggles and caron fails misurebly.

Fleury=Daigle but in a different position(hes overated)

Caron=the quik alternative no different than any past tenders.

Old
04-18-2004, 04:39 PM
craig1

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish11d
I think Aubin sould be brought back(although I doubt it),but at a lower cost.Aubin is a good goalie and he outplayed caron.period.Aubin is very talented and his confidence may be somthing to do with nomader how good he plays CP always wants to replace him.Snow,then Hedberg,then Caron, but guees what Snow and Hedburg are gone and He has outplayed Caron this year.To say that he will be back though is unlikely.
I'm not sure how long you've been watching hockey, but after more than 20 years of watching both live and televised games, one thing I am sure of is that Aubin is not a good goalie. Does he have potential to be a capable NHL backup......maybe. But only if he's behind a true stud, where he's only expected to appear in about 10 games....a la no pressure. He is not starter material. He is not the next Boucher. Boucher was starting and doing OK in Philly for a while. But Philly always wanted a "Franchise Goalie." Boucher is not one. Finally, he was shipped off to Phoenix, where he had a decent year. Aubin was handed the reins with the Pens, and he tanked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish11d
Aubin=Boucher just wait and next year he will be hot with florida and getting shutouts while fleury struggles and caron fails misurebly.

Fleury=Daigle but in a different position(hes overated)

Caron=the quik alternative no different than any past tenders.

OK....That statement, while an opinion, has totally discredited what you said above.....even though it is something I already disagreed with.

Old
04-18-2004, 06:22 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Death To Selfies!

Somehow I can't see Aubin stealing much time from a guy like Luongo...

Aubin is an average NHL back-up.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Old
04-18-2004, 06:28 PM
Fleuryfan29

Thats so Very true!

Old
04-18-2004, 06:42 PM
clefty
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful
Somehow I can't see Aubin stealing much time from a guy like Luongo...

Aubin is an average NHL back-up.

Nothing more. Nothing less.
Thats correct, but the reason I said he could work well in Florida because he'd be cheap, he's better than Shields, and just by playing 10-12 games per season he could do just fine; something like NJ did with Corey Schwab last season. I never considered Aubin would challenge Luongo in any way.

Old
04-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Death To Selfies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty
Thats correct, but the reason I said he could work well in Florida because he'd be cheap, he's better than Shields, and just by playing 10-12 games per season he could do just fine; something like NJ did with Corey Schwab last season. I never considered Aubin would challenge Luongo in any way.
Wasn't a response to you, to the guy saying he'd pull a Boucher.

He may not allow a goal in 5 games, but in Florida it would be over a span of 5 months.

Old
04-18-2004, 07:36 PM
clefty
What?

oh, okay.

Closed Thread