HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks post game thoughts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2008, 12:17 PM
  #1
RollingPredFan
Registered User
 
RollingPredFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 646
vCash: 500
Sharks post game thoughts

Oh well Im sure everyone is busy, this was game we'd like to forget... lol BUT

Refs you suck, why do we always get the ticky tack calls against this team?

Zanon you suck, hes been struggling here lately.

Fiddler had one of the best games I have ever seen him and play we wasted it lol

What got into Hamuis, I thought he and Thorton actually was going to fight hehe

I hate the friggin Sharks.

Oh well just venting, onto Phoenix.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 12:42 PM
  #2
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
Oh well Im sure everyone is busy, this was game we'd like to forget... lol BUT

Refs you suck, why do we always get the ticky tack calls against this team?

Zanon you suck, hes been struggling here lately.

Fiddler had one of the best games I have ever seen him and play we wasted it lol

What got into Hamuis, I thought he and Thorton actually was going to fight hehe

I hate the friggin Sharks.

Oh well just venting, onto Phoenix.
I *heart* a good phantom hook to lose a game ... although we SHOULD have gotten the puck out (fiddler) ... we shouldn't have been put in that position to begin with ... the ref probably really didn't see the infraction because his head was stuck far up his hole ... thanks Stephane Auger ... you're french toast as far as I'm concerned


Last edited by Joe T Choker: 02-10-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 01:06 PM
  #3
trotzian brow
Registered User
 
trotzian brow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Zannnnnnoooooonnnnnnn!

trotzian brow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 01:07 PM
  #4
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Silhouette View Post
Zannnnnnoooooonnnnnnn!

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 01:11 PM
  #5
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,758
vCash: 500
It was definitely a bad call leading to their PP goal, but it all could have been avoided if Fiddler hadn't put the puck in the skates of a Sharks player, when he easily could have even skated the puck out of the zone. Zanon is really becoming a poor penalty killer. His shot-blocking angles are not that good when on the PK, and he is getting burned quite a bit when he isn't blocking shots. We need for him to step up his mental game on specialty teams.

We played good. Its tough to see us blow two leads (again) to the Sharks.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 01:16 PM
  #6
kilgro
Thank you Burke!
 
kilgro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,432
vCash: 500
whose starting in net against the coyotes tonight?? anyone know?

kilgro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 01:16 PM
  #7
trotzian brow
Registered User
 
trotzian brow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
But he blocks shots..............

trotzian brow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 02:08 PM
  #8
lugnut76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 157
vCash: 500
You have to win a game if Fiddler and Nichol combine for 3 goals.

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 04:00 PM
  #9
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 18,902
vCash: 500
Zanon sucks.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 04:41 PM
  #10
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,404
vCash: 500
I don't understand all the Zanon bashing. This isn't a new thing. he's always been a relatively-slow, one-dimensional defenseman. His one dimension is, under typical circumstances, very valuable. He's a fearless shot blocker. Anyone that made him out to be a cerebral, stay-at-home, physical defenseman...at any point..was deluding himself. He's not out on the 5 on 3 to make the smart play. He's out to get in the way of the point shots. You can't compare him to guys like Volchenkov or Komisarek...who not only block shots, but also use their physicality\sense to make the right play...because he lacks that dimension. Any time you use him on the PK, especially on the 5 on 3, you're taking a calculated risk. you hope that he is in the right position to get in the way of the shot...but you also hope that he's NOT in the position that requires him to read the play and react accordingly. Zanon is and has been a little overrated among our fans...so it's frustrating when he gets bashed for having a "bad game," when in fact he's just playing to his ability.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 06:20 PM
  #11
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I never "overrated" Zanon but I still feel he isn't one of our top six at least not now. I think he needs a little bit of a break. Hopefully his hand is too swollen and sore to play tonight

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 06:52 PM
  #12
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I don't understand all the Zanon bashing. This isn't a new thing. he's always been a relatively-slow, one-dimensional defenseman. His one dimension is, under typical circumstances, very valuable. He's a fearless shot blocker. Anyone that made him out to be a cerebral, stay-at-home, physical defenseman...at any point..was deluding himself. He's not out on the 5 on 3 to make the smart play. He's out to get in the way of the point shots. You can't compare him to guys like Volchenkov or Komisarek...who not only block shots, but also use their physicality\sense to make the right play...because he lacks that dimension. Any time you use him on the PK, especially on the 5 on 3, you're taking a calculated risk. you hope that he is in the right position to get in the way of the shot...but you also hope that he's NOT in the position that requires him to read the play and react accordingly. Zanon is and has been a little overrated among our fans...so it's frustrating when he gets bashed for having a "bad game," when in fact he's just playing to his ability.
His game is the same, but I think it is the mental gaffes he is making lately that is hurting him. He needs to sit-down, watch some film, and regain a bit of his confidence.....thats all. He is and always will be a 5-7 defensemen on a hockey team.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.