Notices

Strange..

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2004, 01:04 AM
Dundalis

vCash: 500
Strange..

There is a new article on the Stars prospect page. That certainly is a strange thing to see nowadays. We wouldnt happen to have a new writer would we?

Old
04-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Slats432

I don't know if it is a permanent writer, but there is a concerted focus by all writers to get fresh material out for every team.(For example there is a ratings team that is going over the Top 20s of all the teams without writers.) As a volunteer writing position it is not only difficult to find good writers, but to keep them as well. I am sure one of the issues is those select few that frequent the messageboards that get highly critical with less than constructive criticism.(Not that the writers expect free passes) Most posters are very good, but there is that faction that neither realize that it is a volunteer position, nor how much time and effort is put in, gratis.

As hockey's future evolves, I am sure that the quality will increase.

Old
04-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Starsdude

Agreed I wish I had the time but really I have three kids and no time and my info is gleamed from reading Hockey News Hockey's future and other web sites. For example I get the feeing that Erikkson is way more the prospect than Jokinin but I have never seen them play. Obviously Raycroft and Bergeron come out of no where to be top prospects while Lundmark and Brendl do squat. Player development in the NHL is hit or miss at best and I for one appreciate anyone's effort

Old
04-19-2004, 12:09 AM
Slats432

Looks like you guys are going to get spoiled a bit more. A rookie review article is upcoming within the next day or so....

Closed Thread