HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The its time for a philosophical change Preds @ Coyotes - GDT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2008, 02:50 PM
  #1
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
The its time for a philosophical change Preds @ Coyotes - GDT

We must get bigger, stronger & faster forwards

Go Preds ... Prove me wrong

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 03:26 PM
  #2
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,518
vCash: 500
As long as Poile and Trotz are at the helm, none of the above will happen. Its a fact that we all must come to accept.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 04:42 PM
  #3
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,160
vCash: 500
Jeez, people, that was the fourth game we've lost in regulation since late 2007...and we almost pulled it off on a night when our first line was absolutely shut down. I'm not quite ready to go sky-is-falling, just yet.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 05:16 PM
  #4
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Jeez, people, that was the fourth game we've lost in regulation since late 2007...and we almost pulled it off on a night when our first line was absolutely shut down. I'm not quite ready to go sky-is-falling, just yet.
Jan 29 at Boston L 1-3
Jan 17 vs Anaheim L 1-2

Jan 12 at Columbus OTL 1-2
Jan 13 vs Chicago OTL 2-3
Jan 7 at Anaheim L 2-5
Feb 9 at San Jose L 3-4


What do those teams have in common ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 06:14 PM
  #5
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
Jan 29 at Boston L 1-3
Jan 17 vs Anaheim L 1-2

Jan 12 at Columbus OTL 1-2
Jan 13 vs Chicago OTL 2-3
Jan 7 at Anaheim L 2-5
Feb 9 at San Jose L 3-4


What do those teams have in common ?
you bolded them???

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 06:19 PM
  #6
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
you bolded them???
... someone has almost as good a sense of humor as I do ... ... wrong answer though, the RIGHT answer would be is that they are physically bigger than us in every facet of the game and use it every chance they get

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 06:50 PM
  #7
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
... someone has almost as good a sense of humor as I do ... ... wrong answer though, the RIGHT answer would be is that they are physically bigger than us in every facet of the game and use it every chance they get
In this he has a point.

I was not agreeing, nor disagreeing with FT's initial post. However, I do believe our philosophy as a team is definitely not going to change with Poile and Trotz at the head of this organization. It is not their style.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 07:28 PM
  #8
Hemsky is a gangsta
Hemsky is a gangsta
 
Hemsky is a gangsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,229
vCash: 500
is hamhuis hurt?

Hemsky is a gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 08:01 PM
  #9
nine_inch_fang
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
I don't disagree with either of you.

I'd love for us to be bigger...but...since it isn't going to happen I'll just hope for the best with what we have and discuss the team we have.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
  #10
zetterberg40
Registered User
 
zetterberg40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 21,230
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupul's Pupils View Post
is hamhuis hurt?
i was just about to ask the same thing

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 09:59 PM
  #11
irisheyes555
Registered User
 
irisheyes555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of confusion
Country: Ireland
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
just thinking out loud....are the majority of good scoring forwards big or fast? i think that they tend to be of average size or larger but fast. yes there are slow big men(arnott, yager) and fast little guys(sully and PK) that can score. i think about 6'~6'2" is about the optimum size for a F(which we have), but they don't all skate like rads. of course even with rads there are downsides(all O and lacking D-but he is working on it). i agree that the team needs more O(and a top minder). we just need to add more on the offensive side with drafts and trades.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 10:21 PM
  #12
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,160
vCash: 500
Did they ever explain Hamhuis's sit-down? I get nervous whenever there's inexplicable healthy scratches...it makes me think trade...but I suppose he could be favoring the flu a bit more than some of the others, or maybe that shot he blocked was still stinging.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 10:47 PM
  #13
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Did they ever explain Hamhuis's sit-down? I get nervous whenever there's inexplicable healthy scratches...it makes me think trade...but I suppose he could be favoring the flu a bit more than some of the others, or maybe that shot he blocked was still stinging.
I agree. I'm not too worried about losing Hamhuis in a trade, save for the fact that Hamhuis's is under one of the sweetest deals you will find for a defenseman of his age/ability. We simply cannot afford (literally afford) to deal him.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2008, 10:50 PM
  #14
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I would be amazed if Hamhuis was sat out tonight for any reason other than the flu. Hopefully, he sneezed on Thornton when Big Joe punched him in the face last night. That would have been perfect seeing where it was right in front of their bench too.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 08:01 AM
  #15
RollingPredFan
Registered User
 
RollingPredFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
LOL no one discussed the game in here at all. hehe

I read in the paper Hamhuis was sick thats why he didn't play.

Anyways that was a big win, we needed that. I thought Ellis had a bad game really... I was getting steamed they tied it up in the 2nd period, we went back to playing like crap They could have been ahead easily,one shot hit the crossbar, fiddler stopped an open net shot...

But we regrouped in the 3rd and got back to what worked in the first. Big win now we need to keep the wings losing streak going

Although they will probably be mad, they got robbed yesterday. I hate when bad calls effect the game even if it is the redwings lol


Last edited by RollingPredFan: 02-11-2008 at 08:14 AM.
RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 09:07 AM
  #16
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,518
vCash: 500
Last night was truly like watching a two-faced team. A dominant first and third, sandwiching a weak second period. Thankfully, Phoenix played the same way....just in reverse .

Koistenen looked good last night. The Dumont-Arnott-Radulov line has become, IMO, the best line we have ever had. We have potentially 4 more years to enjoy it

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 09:14 AM
  #17
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Last night was truly like watching a two-faced team. A dominant first and third, sandwiching a weak second period. Thankfully, Phoenix played the same way....just in reverse .

Koistenen looked good last night. The Dumont-Arnott-Radulov line has become, IMO, the best line we have ever had. We have potentially 4 more years to enjoy it
Is that pre or post apocalypse ? ... I didn't get to see the last period of the game ... electricity went out at the house

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 12:17 PM
  #18
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
just thinking out loud....are the majority of good scoring forwards big or fast? i think that they tend to be of average size or larger but fast. yes there are slow big men(arnott, yager) and fast little guys(sully and PK) that can score. i think about 6'~6'2" is about the optimum size for a F(which we have), but they don't all skate like rads. of course even with rads there are downsides(all O and lacking D-but he is working on it). i agree that the team needs more O(and a top minder). we just need to add more on the offensive side with drafts and trades.
Skate like Rads? He's a bad skater, or let's say awkard skater. He gets it done, it's just a funny stride.

If we could get Rads to skate like Leggy or get Leggy's hands to match Rads we'd have one of the best players in the NHL.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 05:42 PM
  #19
irisheyes555
Registered User
 
irisheyes555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of confusion
Country: Ireland
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Skate like Rads? He's a bad skater, or let's say awkard skater. He gets it done, it's just a funny stride.

If we could get Rads to skate like Leggy or get Leggy's hands to match Rads we'd have one of the best players in the NHL.

perhaps i should have said strong with the puck. too often i see our guys simple get checked(either fore or body) off of the puck. while rads does still remind me of bambi on ice at times, you don't often see him lose it in 1-on-1 situations. of course he likes to go in @ 2 or 3 on 1 and gets it taken away. guys like sully will just out quick you to get through were rads has a mixture of skating, speed, size and puck handling that allows him to keep control. of course he is not the effortless pronger type, but whatever gets you from A to B at a reasonable speed. style points are for figure skating. i will always take ugly results over pretty failures.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 12:21 AM
  #20
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,905
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
i will always take ugly results over pretty failures.
Hey that's good. Someone should tell that to our PP.

sparkle twin is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.