HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Petr Prucha...

Old
02-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
How is playing a power forwards game and bouncing back from hits anything like Radek Dvorak?

The only thing he and Dvorak have in common is good speed, ability to shoot the puck, and that they're both Czec. Dvorak is an outside skater and always avoided any kind of physical contact. He was also a floater and never had 1/4 of the passion Prucha plays with.
"HE ALMOST plays a power forward game."

No puck possession, but also not much of a get open and shoot type forward.

For all Prucha's passion, still doesn't add up to much. At this point at least.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 02:25 PM
pruuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
"HE ALMOST plays a power forward game."

No puck possession, but also not much of a get open and shoot type forward.

For all Prucha's passion, still doesn't add up to much. At this point at least.
The same can be said for most of this team this season. Everyone loved him when he scored one bad year... people turn their backs mighy quickly.

pruuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruuu View Post
The same can be said for most of this team this season. Everyone loved him when he scored one bad year... people turn their backs mighy quickly.
Kinda my point, he did score 30 goals so i look toward him more than I do the others.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Cherepanov 71

Prucha is a very capable player, but he has to be playing with the right players. I think his place on the team is not as valuable now as to what it will be in 2-3 years. He can be a number 1 or 2 winger, but on a line with two other players who are strong with then puck, and good passers.

Cherepanov 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 02:47 PM
strongbad3689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Oh no, the dreaded Todd Harvey/Jed Ortmeyer label !
actually, now that i think about it, prucha does remind me of orty, except with better offensive skills and not as good defensive skills/shot blocking. maybe they should teach prucha to kill penalties so shanny doesn't have to (when he's playing)

strongbad3689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 04:45 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongbad3689 View Post
actually, now that i think about it, prucha does remind me of orty, except with better offensive skills and not as good defensive skills/shot blocking. maybe they should teach prucha to kill penalties so shanny doesn't have to (when he's playing)
I can't for the life of me understand why Renney has not used him in that role. While it made complete sense when he was a rookie already getting power play time, I really don't understand why he hadn't been groomed for that role since. It was a forte of his in the CR, and his tenacity on the forecheck and ability to force turnovers and pick opposing players pockets makes him seem well suited for the job. He's got the speed and the smarts for it. And he's certainly not lacking in guts to block shots, and the size/strength issue that causes him difficulty in his own zone at regular strength sometimes isn't as much of an issue on the PK cause you're not looking for your forward to body the opposing player off the puck as much as you're looking for them to get in shooting lanes and force turnovers. I really can't understand why he hasn't been given a shot in that role, especially since he's spending so much time sitting on the bench right now.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
That was a fair assessment of Prucha, Fletch. I don't feel that Renney is the coach that will get the most out of Prucha. How many years Prucha can last in this league playing the style he does with that slender frame is a mystery to me, but if he's going to get closer to the numbers of his rookie season I think he'll do it on another team.

Didn't someone post a quote from another team's GM or scout praising Prucha? I seem to remember reading something to that effect a few months ago.

Who knows, maybe all the speculating about a Rangers-Blue Jackets trade will end up coming to fruition before the deadline, and Prucha will be a part of it.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Fletch

I get the sense...

a guy with a frame like Prucha would wear down as the season moved forward due to the wear and tear associated with the PK.

But Renney's weird when it comes to PK time. Cally was getting zero PK minutes most of the season, which baffled me a bit considering guys like Drury and Shanny needed the rest (especially Drury early in the season when he was run into the ground).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 01:52 AM
redfzn

Prucha should be on Jagr's PP unit to give it some go, end of story.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Fletch

Before Prucha's...

placed on Jagr's PP unit, Dubi needs to be replaced with Gomez. While I'd like to see Prucha on that PP unit, it has not been working with Dubi in the middle; not with Straka to the left, and not with Prucha to the left.

Old
02-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

If this turns out to be a 2-4 or 4-6 week injury, this may just have saved Prucha from possibly being dealt at the deadline...

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
If this turns out to be a 2-4 or 4-6 week injury, this may just have saved Prucha from possibly being dealt at the deadline...
And may force us to fill his spot through trade rather than internally?

Old
02-12-2008, 11:16 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
And may force us to fill his spot through trade rather than internally?
We already can fill his spot... Cally or hossa... have a feeling this is what the lines will look like.

Hossa-Gomez-Jagr
Avery-Drury-Shanny
Dawes-Dubi-Cally
HBO

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
We already can fill his spot... Cally or hossa... have a feeling this is what the lines will look like.

Hossa-Gomez-Jagr
Avery-Drury-Shanny
Dawes-Dubi-Cally
HBO
If so, we'll see Drury lapse back into being a zombie.

I think Dubinsky is the best center for Shanahan.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 11:32 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post

Hossa-Gomez-Jagr
Avery-Drury-Shanny
Dawes-Dubi-Cally
HBO
My goshhhhhh will the Marcel Hossa going from scratched/injured to top line and back and forth saga ever end. Put him on the fourth line for Hollweg. That's the only place he deserves to be.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 11:40 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
My goshhhhhh will the Marcel Hossa going from scratched/injured to top line and back and forth saga ever end. Put him on the fourth line for Hollweg. That's the only place he deserves to be.
I never said I wanted to see that lineup... I just said I can see Renney going back to that lineup if Pruchs is out.

Old
02-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Fletch

Rags...

where's Straka?

If Hossa returns to the lineup it creates an interesting dilemma - can Renney send Dawes down at this point? Would he have Straka play the off-wing instead of Cally? Would Hossa play the fourth line and push out Holly, thus still having an HBO line? Or will Hossa replace Orr on that line creating what would be a real checking line, but then go without an enforcer?

Old
02-12-2008, 12:43 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
where's Straka?

If Hossa returns to the lineup it creates an interesting dilemma - can Renney send Dawes down at this point? Would he have Straka play the off-wing instead of Cally? Would Hossa play the fourth line and push out Holly, thus still having an HBO line? Or will Hossa replace Orr on that line creating what would be a real checking line, but then go without an enforcer?
oooops... thought it looked kinda weird. Good catch.

Old
02-12-2008, 02:29 PM
pruuu

Prucha is far more usefull then either Hossa or Callahan both of them are a joke. Yes Hossa can kill penalties but his skill stops there. And as far as Callahan goes 2 goal and not much impact from game to game. At least Prucha consistantly works and is visible at the very least.

Old
02-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Fletch

pruuuu

The problem has been, at least with Prucha this season, that he's not producing. I do believe that in the right situation, Prucha will produce and be useful. But unfortunately, that's only a belief and reality is the situation he has been put in by Renney. Given that situation, Hossa and Callahan aren't total jokes compared to Prucha, and given their ability to kill penalties, I can't say that Prucha is much more useful. I still think in similar situations he'll score more, but not a heck of a lot more as evidenced by his scoring this season (which as I mentioned, is not far off from my expectations given his role), but the amount more doesn't make that much more useful given the ability of the other two to kill penalties. Of course, Renney hasn't used Cally much this season, so this season, Cally has been mostly useless (although not all his fault since he should be killing penalties and giving Shanny a rest). Hossa, beacuse he killed penalties and worked well on a second line, has been nearly as useful (when in the lineup) as Prucha this season - if Renney hadn't kept him on a top line for so long this season, I think he would've been more useful.

Old
02-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Ola

I am not all that dissapointed with Prucha's play lately. He is defenitly getting better and better lately, and not only offensivly. The fact that we for example can play Dawes-Drury-Prucha together speaks volumes on how much more verstaile have have become. No big leaps, but he have improved in just about every aspect.

His production is still really low, but nobody will score playing 11 minutes per night. Right now Straka and Avery is more valuble then Prucha on a scoring line, but Pru is defenitly closing the gap. He also seems to build on his confidence.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2008, 06:06 PM
pruuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I am not all that dissapointed with Prucha's play lately. He is defenitly getting better and better lately, and not only offensivly. The fact that we for example can play Dawes-Drury-Prucha together speaks volumes on how much more verstaile have have become. No big leaps, but he have improved in just about every aspect.

His production is still really low, but nobody will score playing 11 minutes per night. Right now Straka and Avery is more valuble then Prucha on a scoring line, but Pru is defenitly closing the gap. He also seems to build on his confidence.
I agree with this. What the team needs are not fowards who can kill pentalites. Screw that. Rather we need players who can score on powerplays. This team does not score and I do not want that to be a problem next season. And yes playing Prucha with Dawes and Drury a line that scored is a logical possibility for next season.That line works better then replacing prucha with either callahan or hossa on that line. He is worth keeping. We should worry more about guys like Jagr, Straka, Shannahan. If they all get going maybe we will start to see the caliber of team most of us expected from day 1.