HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Senators @ Leafs l Gm.6 l 04/18/04 l TBA l CBC

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-18-2004, 10:00 PM
  #226
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Augustus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Roma in my soul.
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer4Life
The leafs can NEVER EVER do things the easy way!


Leaf fans must pass through suffering before admission to joy. Like a Toronto winter before summer finally comes.

Sometimes we don't cross over at all.

To be a Leaf fan is to know agony.

Augustus is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 10:02 PM
  #227
Leafer4Life
Go Leafs Go!
 
Leafer4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Owen Sound,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Leafer4Life Send a message via Yahoo to Leafer4Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled in Florida
Leaf fans must pass through suffering before admission to joy. Like a Toronto winter before summer finally comes.

Sometimes we don't cross over at all.

To be a Leaf fan is to know agony.
You are soooo right. Well let's just have faith in game 7!

Leafer4Life is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 10:03 PM
  #228
Markov
Registered User
 
Markov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Land of ice and snow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 683
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Markov
What is Mogilny paid to do?

Is he collecting money just to look pretty on the bench?

He contributes nothing to the team. :mad:


Last edited by Markov: 04-18-2004 at 10:10 PM.
Markov is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 10:04 PM
  #229
LeeIs
M a t s
 
LeeIs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: T.O.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,092
vCash: 500
Attached Images
File Type: jpg otgoal.jpg‎ (41.8 KB, 28 views)

LeeIs is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 10:06 PM
  #230
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Augustus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Roma in my soul.
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov
What is Molgilny paid to do?

Is he collecting money just to look pretty on the bench?

He contributes nothing to the team. :mad:


It likely is his hip, but hip or no, Mogilny is no longer an offensive threat or force.

So Nolan, Mats out, Mogilny not dangerous. Sure leaves our offense thin, which in large part explains the miserable goal production.

Augustus is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 10:06 PM
  #231
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,976
vCash: 500
Belfour did this last yr in the playoffs.
giving up the critical game 6 goal in overtime.
that was our chance to beat the flyers, and it was a suspect goal

He had no chance on the winner, but the Chara goal was

You cant blame him obviously.
But Cujo always won those round 1 critical games when it was on the line for games 6 and 7 - thus the Belfour is no Cujo analagy in the playoffs criticism from before -

you can be superman in games 1 thru 5, but you have do find a way to win it for the team when its all on the line for games 6 and 7

Cujo did that,
and hopefully Eddie will in game 7.

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 10:09 PM
  #232
LeeIs
M a t s
 
LeeIs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: T.O.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
Beflour did this last yr in the playoffs.
giving up the critical game 6 goal in overtime.
that was our chance
What do you have against belfour? He gets 3 shutouts and gets 45+ saves tonight and you're still all up on him. Time to get off his case. We just didn't play good enough to win specially in the 3rd period and the 2 overtimes. Thats why we lost.

LeeIs is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 10:16 PM
  #233
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Augustus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Roma in my soul.
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,946
vCash: 500
Blaming Belfour for this loss is an astounding leap of logic across the chasm of evidence.

Augustus is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 10:18 PM
  #234
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeIs
What do you have against belfour? He gets 3 shutouts and gets 45+ saves tonight and you're still all up on him. Time to get off his case. We just didn't play good enough to win specially in the 3rd period and the 2 overtimes. Thats why we lost.
i;m not blaming belfour at all :

isnt this an instant replay from previous playoff seasons?
badly outplayed but the difference is every yr cujo got us through the first rounds.
no matter how unbelievable it seemed. those saves cujo made when it was all on the line, he always came thru.

i'm just comparing eddie to cujo in the playoffs
so far he's no cujo

but yes eddie's been great obviously

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 10:18 PM
  #235
EdBelfour20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 835
vCash: 500
Ineffective Forechecking

Our top line is simply not very effective without Mats Sundin. Don't get me wrong , I like Ron Francis but he isn't a 1st line Center on a cup contending team. We need the strong forechecking presence that Sundin Brings.. If Sundin plays in game seven, I like our chances.

By the way, Mogilny looked good tonight, he is getting better every game. It takes time to get back from such a serious lay off. I expect him to be effective in game seven. We have home ice advantage, lets make use of it and take it to the Sens!

EdBelfour20 is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 10:22 PM
  #236
Leafer4Life
Go Leafs Go!
 
Leafer4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Owen Sound,Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Leafer4Life Send a message via Yahoo to Leafer4Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
Belfour did this last yr in the playoffs.
giving up the critical game 6 goal in overtime.
that was our chance to beat the flyers, and it was a suspect goal

He had no chance on the winner, but the Chara goal was

You cant blame him obviously.
But Cujo always won those round 1 critical games when it was on the line for games 6 and 7 - thus the Belfour is no Cujo analagy in the playoffs criticism from before -

you can be superman in games 1 thru 5, but you have do find a way to win it for the team when its all on the line for games 6 and 7

Cujo did that,
and hopefully Eddie will in game 7.
Belfour didn't give up a game 6 goal in ot last year. The leafs beat the flyers in game 6 ot, and then the game went back to Philly, where the flyers kicked us out of the playoffs.

Leafer4Life is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 10:42 PM
  #237
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer4Life
Belfour didn't give up a game 6 goal in ot last year. The leafs beat the flyers in game 6 ot, and then the game went back to Philly, where the flyers kicked us out of the playoffs.

was it game 4 or 6
one of those long overtimes

i think youre right - game 4
we could have had them on the ropes

all the same - it was a critical game.

but i cant blame eddie in that series, we got outplayed in all of those games too.

im just comparing cujo with belfour in the crucial moments.
its regarding to the post a week ago- belfours no cujo - yet

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 11:01 PM
  #238
Poikilitic
Registered User
 
Poikilitic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 3,497
vCash: 500
Just tell me Sundin is available for tuesday

Poikilitic is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 11:27 PM
  #239
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdBelfour20
Our top line is simply not very effective without Mats Sundin. Don't get me wrong , I like Ron Francis but he isn't a 1st line Center on a cup contending team. We need the strong forechecking presence that Sundin Brings.. If Sundin plays in game seven, I like our chances.

By the way, Mogilny looked good tonight, he is getting better every game. It takes time to get back from such a serious lay off. I expect him to be effective in game seven. We have home ice advantage, lets make use of it and take it to the Sens!
Ron Francis is too old to contribute. He's the total opposite of Nieuwendyk, the guy he was supposed to sort of back up. He doesn't do anything out there. No wonder we got him for nothing. He's got nothing left.

I sure hope Sundin's back for game seven. If not, we're going to be in for a depressing game.

Stephen is offline  
Old
04-18-2004, 11:38 PM
  #240
LeeIs
M a t s
 
LeeIs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: T.O.
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Ron Francis is too old to contribute. He's the total opposite of Nieuwendyk, the guy he was supposed to sort of back up. He doesn't do anything out there. No wonder we got him for nothing. He's got nothing left.

I sure hope Sundin's back for game seven. If not, we're going to be in for a depressing game.
I would suggest Putting Mogilny down with Niewy and Poni and Sending Antro to centre Gary and Tucker. If Sundin aint ready.

LeeIs is offline  
Old
04-19-2004, 12:16 AM
  #241
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,765
vCash: 500
Maybe we should just go crazy and try Brian Leetch and center.

Stephen is offline  
Old
04-19-2004, 10:35 AM
  #242
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
isnt this an instant replay from previous playoff seasons?
badly outplayed but the difference is every yr cujo got us through the first rounds.
no matter how unbelievable it seemed. those saves cujo made when it was all on the line, he always came thru.
Badly outplayed?
Not in the previous series' vs the Sens.
Toronto was physically dominating and the Sens couldn't even come close to matching them.
Toronto was blocking a ton of shots... hell, they dove on the ice to block passes. Kept Ottawa to the outside all series in the 00 and 01. Sens kept themselves to the perimeter in games 6 & 7 of 02.

But you also have to realize that this Sens team is different too. Our slot used to be the safest place on the ice. The 6 poke-checking-pvssies have improved or have been replaced.
Hossa has broken through in the playoffs (Havlat should be next). Alfie used to be our only playoff scorer and now we get by even if he's sub par.

Basically though, I'd argue that Belfour has been much better than Cujo because of the difference in the quality of shots he has faced.
Also, this is probably the weakest Leaf team we have ever faced.

trentmccleary is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.